Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2017, 07:47 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times

Advertisements

This woman gets convicted of Felony ID Theft and does not get sentenced to prison (3 months in jail) and is allowed to stay here and apparently keep working. How was she still working without papers?

According to a attorney website on penalties for American Citizens who commit ID theft:

If convicted of a D or E felony you would face up to 4 years on an E felony and up to 7 years on a D felony. The sentence is usually 1 1/3 to 4 years or 2 1/3 to 7 years on a non violent first felony offense but you are also eligible for an alternate 1 year sentence.

What is the sentencing range for identity theft? ? 20 Legal Answers as of June 14, 2011 - LawQA.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 07:51 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If any of the protesters were illegal, I hope they were deported as well.
No, such luck but I hope that a part of Trump's criteria for deporting illegal aliens will be the crime of felony ID theft. That will rid our country of most illegal aliens.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:52 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Trump should offer a "hear me out" protest and invite all the illegals to come protest in one place and express their concerns about Trumps immigration policies. Once the protest starts DHS and ICE should sweep in and lock them all up, then mass-deport.

2,691 posts, read 1,666,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Are you sure she stole someone's identity? All I've read is that her papers were not in order. Maybe a friend let her use her social security number? If she actually stole someone's identity and hurt her credit, that's very serious IMO. However, I wish when I was out of work someone was contributing to my social security account. LOL
You might have gotten 6.2 % in SS and 0.145 % in Medicare paid towards your name, but at the end of the year, how are you going to come up with the 15-39 % federal taxes and 0-10 % state taxes on the money you supposedly earned but you never got.

Therein lies the problem. Giving your SS# for your friend to use is also illegal.

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Funny how the right wing was not celebrating when Obama was deporting.
Ya we were.

But he made too many exceptions.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:57 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So it really is all about brown removal, regardless of status, after all. Based on your highlighted post, Why should her daughters, who are Americans, even contemplate leaving the only life they've ever known for Mexico, a country they've never been to?
What possible logic can you give to support that?
The options for this lady are

1. Let the kids stay with foster parents or her husband, provided he is legal. Otherwise she will have to give power of attorney to their guardians before she leaves.

2. Take them with Mexico. They are dual citizens. When they grow up they can always re-enter USA and study and work and stay here in USA.

I am not playing any race card, brown baiting or getting into the anchor baby constitutionality in my reply.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:59 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Are you sure she stole someone's identity? All I've read is that her papers were not in order.
Arrest while working at fun park led to Arizona woman's deportation

Court documents show deputies found she used an “alien number” that belonged to a man 28 years older than she was. She also used a Social Security number not assigned to her.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:23 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,384 times
Quote:

I probably shouldn't post on illegal immigration threads, since I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I do not support illegal immigration or amnesty, but I also see a human side to every story. At least in this case she has family in Mexico. I can't imagine if she were only 2 or 3 when she came here and was sent "back" to a foreign land she can't remember and had no one.

I read the rest of your post, but I won't quote it to save space.
This is where I am. Yes, it is illegal. Yes, it was the right decision to enforce our laws, but I still feel compassion for her and her family and understand that this is a personal tragedy for their family. The mother was 14 years old when she came here. Did she have any choice in the matter? And once she was an adult, she was already established here.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:56 AM

17,341 posts, read 11,271,606 times
Of course the news media is playing their usual song and dance in support of this person. They are stating her felony was the most minor of offenses as felonies go and never do they mention using someone else's SS number. They just state she used a false SS number. Of course they also talk about how she had to do this just to feed her children.
I'm so tired of the media treating illegals like heroes.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:03 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Of course I do. I never said I didn't. I was only looking at her dilemma, being left in a country where she didn't belong.

Yes, that was my point.

I probably shouldn't post on illegal immigration threads, since I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I do not support illegal immigration or amnesty, but I also see a human side to every story. At least in this case she has family in Mexico. I can't imagine if she were only 2 or 3 when she came here and was sent "back" to a foreign land she can't remember and had no one.

I read the rest of your post, but I won't quote it to save space.

If she were to be sent back to her homeland with her parents in this country illegally, what's the problem? She would know the culture and language of her homeland from her parents and would be with them back in her homeland. I don't get what you are saying at all.

Last edited by Oldglory; 02-10-2017 at 09:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies