Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 07:45 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,983,645 times

Advertisements

Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos, 36, arrived at the office for her routine check in, but instead of being released--under President Trump's illegal immigration crackdown-- she was detained.

Garcia de Rayos, 36, was considered a “low priority” for deportation under the Obama administration and had to check in with ICE officials every six months following a 2008 conviction for felony identity theft for having false papers, The Los Angeles Times reported.

News of her detainment spread quickly and protesters were seen attempting to block the ICE van Garcia de Rayos was believed to be inside. Some protesters chanted, "Shame on you."

Puente Arizona Director Carlos Garcia said the arrest was in direct result of Trump’s illegal immigration crackdown.

“We all knew something could be different this time with the new administration,” Garcia told the Los Angeles Times. “She went in with the lawyer and didn’t come out. That was pretty much all there was.”

Go home guys. Obama's lawlessness immigration policy is over. Its time to pay the piper.

Protests erupt outside Phoenix ICE office after arrest of illegal immigrant | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 07:49 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,370,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos, 36, arrived at the office for her routine check in, but instead of being released--under President Trump's illegal immigration crackdown-- she was detained.

Garcia de Rayos, 36, was considered a “low priority” for deportation under the Obama administration and had to check in with ICE officials every six months following a 2008 conviction for felony identity theft for having false papers, The Los Angeles Times reported.

News of her detainment spread quickly and protesters were seen attempting to block the ICE van Garcia de Rayos was believed to be inside. Some protesters chanted, "Shame on you."

Puente Arizona Director Carlos Garcia said the arrest was in direct result of Trump’s illegal immigration crackdown.

“We all knew something could be different this time with the new administration,” Garcia told the Los Angeles Times. “She went in with the lawyer and didn’t come out. That was pretty much all there was.”

Go home guys. Obama's lawlessness immigration policy is over. Its time to pay the piper.

Protests erupt outside Phoenix ICE office after arrest of illegal immigrant | Fox News
So somebody broke the law, got arrested. What exactly are they protesting?
I'm sure if someone broke into the protester's home while they were out there they wouldn't be protesting the enforcement of the law in THAT case.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post

There is a new Sheriff in town.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:57 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,199,589 times
So this illegal immigrant was convicted of stealing someones identity so she could get papers. That is hardly a victimless crime. "Low Priority" tell that to the person whose identity she stole.
I think those who barred the van in protest should have their social security number given to someone who will use it in a criminal way and see how they like that.
I wonder if their tune will change when it comes to singing the praises of these people who are illegally in America.

I wonder if we will ever find these Liberal Social Justice Warriors actually sheltering illegal aliens and their families in their homes? I'm not going to hold my breath.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:59 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
If any of the protesters were illegal, I hope they were deported as well.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:03 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,973,464 times
Sounds about right - the way things should be. This person had a felony and was illegally here in the first place. Why would we tolerate that kind of person staying in the country for so long. I am glad she at least complied with the terms that were imposed in the first place - to report to ICE every 6 months - which I expect many criminals are not doing, but, why would we not have asked her to leave long ago when she not only violated the spirit of the law (on immigration) but apparently further conducted herself in a base criminal way after that (the felony conviction for fraud and identity theft)? Don't we have enough of our own criminals to deal with as it is?

Old 02-09-2017, 08:03 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,473,186 times
Good, we're finally following the Law! Thank you Trump!!

Old 02-09-2017, 08:04 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,983,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
So somebody broke the law, got arrested. What exactly are they protesting?
I'm sure if someone broke into the protester's home while they were out there they wouldn't be protesting the enforcement of the law in THAT case.

They are protesting lawlessness, and open borders.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:06 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
I don't know if this was intentional or what but this was a very stupid move for ICE. The woman in question is the mother of two American citizens, both minors I believe. In other words, she is a very sympathetic person and the pictures on TV of her children clinging to a van in which their mom is locked up and the interviews of her bawling children are guaranteed to pull at the heart strings of moms everywhere. If they wanted to make a spectacle of Trump's policy, they certainly achieved that. Why not arrest some drug dealer, gang banger, recalcitrant DUI violator instead? Lord knows we have enough of them.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:07 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Amazes me that Obama had policies that let known illegal aliens who were also convicted felons, stay in the USA. Yet another reason that Hillary Clinton lost by a landslide.

Yeah, Trump has a Yuge mess to deal with. I'm sure there will be a bunch of protests by illegals. Look at how many of them voted for Hillary Clinton in California.

Good for the new immigration policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies