Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 03:10 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I would agree that she was just reacting to the way Ivanka has been treated by the dirt bags in the media. She made a mistake, but there was no intent. End of story.

At least she knows that Bush is no longer the president and that Putin didn't invade Korea.

I guess there should be no surprise that the 'faithful' praised McConnell for invoking some arcane rule against Warren yet have no problem with giving Conway a pass when she breaks the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 03:12 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Honestly, if I was Trump, I'd make a state of the union address just to promote Ivanka's clothing line.
Why not just go on QVC and do some serious shilling?

Old 02-09-2017, 03:12 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I guess there should be no surprise that the 'faithful' praised McConnell for invoking some arcane rule against Warren yet have no problem with giving Conway a pass when she breaks the rules.
Yes, a rule that for some reason didn't apply to the four men who read the same letter.

Ah, well, he did us a favor. Women democrats are more fired up than ever.

# she persisted

Old 02-09-2017, 03:16 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That was a very lighthearted segment it's a total non-issue. Fox and Friends is a morning show that covers a lot of things that isn't hard news or politically related. This is all engineered by the media they're just looking for anything they can find. They've taken the Ivanka clothing line thing and just ran with it for how long now
Um, she's been referred to the Ethics Committee, so obviously somebody thinks it's an issue. And it was a GOP and Dem senator who did it.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:17 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
OOPS!

White House's Jay Carney shills wife's book in briefing
White House's Jay Carney shills wife's book in briefing - NY Daily News
This is an excellent example of the partisanship that surrounds Kellyanne's statement in the press vs how Jay was treated when he plugged his wife's book in the press. Jay broke the rules and his error wasn't national news. He had been the White House spokesman for three years, not less than 30 days like the neophyte Kellyanne. There is a definite double standard and rabid partisanship in the MSM.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 02-09-2017 at 03:29 PM..

Old 02-09-2017, 03:17 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
I would agree that she was just reacting to the way Ivanka has been treated by the dirt bags in the media. She made a mistake, but there was no intent. End of story.

At least she knows that Bush is no longer the president and that Putin didn't invade Korea.
You don't get to play the "mea culpa" card when you're the counselor to the President. Sorry.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:38 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
This is an excellent example of the partisanship that surrounds Kellyanne's statement in the press vs how Jay was treated when he plugged his wife's book in the press. Jay broke the rules and his error wasn't national news. He had been the White House spokesman for three years, not less than 30 days like the neophyte Kellyanne. There is a definite double standard and rabid partisanship in the MSM.
Nope. Trump himself plugs his family businesses and instructs his spokespeople to do it as well. Its a disgrace.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:39 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Nope. Trump himself plugs his family businesses and instructs his spokespeople to do it as well. Its a disgrace.
Only to you people.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:42 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
I would agree that she was just reacting to the way Ivanka has been treated by the dirt bags in the media. She made a mistake, but there was no intent. End of story. ...
Nonsense.

It's Trump and the Republicans who have been making a fuss about Nordstrom dropping her. The media picked up on that.

Melania and that dimwitted stepson advocated boycotting Nordstrom even though Nordstrom has done their level best to be fair about it all along.

Ivanka has been treated just fine by the media. It's her family and the Trump faithful who have been out of line.

Now Kellyanne Conway is shilling on Fox News and there definitely was intent. She obviously intended to encourage people to "go buy Ivanka's stuff."

Are you maintaining that Conway misspoke? That she meant to say "massacre" and mistakenly said, "go buy Ivanka's stuff."

What nonsense.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:44 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
I told you so ! I called it ! I knew it would happen ! I said a while back that of all the myriad of problems that would bring down Trump, it would be one thing............CONFLICT OF INTEREST. Only a fool would believe that Trump was going to have all these business dealings and relationships one day, and suddenly shut them off and turn his back on them to become 100% President. No way would he give all that up.

So, now we are seeing the proof of this coming out. Trump trying to get people to buy his daughter's clothing, and now, Conway giving a "free ad" (her own words) for the clothing line in an interview !

We all know Trump is a compulsive, pathological liar, there is so much video proof of that fact. But the biggest lie of all is saying he is "handing over all of his business dealings to his sons " ! Bull s*** !!!! No one is buying that one for a minute. Trump saw this Presidency gig as a way to really put his name on the map and make a boatload of money off of it.

Every day, this dumb*** puts a few more nails in his political coffin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies