Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2017, 07:22 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times

Advertisements

McCain lost the president race last time for a reason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 07:35 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why do you call him a "draft dodger.? Did Obama serve in the military? Did Clinton serve in the military? Did YOU serve in the military?

McCain is a scum bag. That he was a POW is completely irrelevant.
I am outraged that you call him a scumbag. John McCain is a legitimate American war hero. He served his country with bravery, was captured , injured , tortured and was offered a ticket out of prison if he betrayed his fellow officers but refused. I don't like all of his political positions, but he has shown himself to be independent, not always toeing the party line, and I respect that. If you don't like his politics, then say so, but you have no right to use a vile epithet on someone who has shown vastly more honor than you.

People call Trump a draft dodger because he received four college deferments and one medical deferment during the Vietnam War. I would not call him a draft dodger, because many, many people at that time used those deferments to avoid the draft. However, I do think it takes a lot of nerve for someone with that history to impugn the war record of one who did serve.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:42 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
FIVE time draft dodger Donnie Little Hands, has no standing to denigrate ANY veteran, let along a POW.

Shame on him.

And the ironic thing: this a$$wipe will start an unnecessary war in which thousands of the sons and daughters of his supporters will come home in flag-draped caskets. Will those voters regret their votes then??
Not sure where you get your information, but suggest you branch out. I lived in AZ for a few years and did some checking:

Meet John McCain:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/07/...in-is-no-hero/

https://www.liberationnews.org/john-...-not-war-hero/

The War Secrets Sen. John McCain Hides

And, the truth is, John McCain is a flake. And, after all, Trump, unlike the Democratic candidate, was not responsible for the deaths of any of our citizens.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Trump, Who Never Served in Military, Goes After McCain

It gets even better.

NO tRump has EVER served in the military. His old man got out of serving in WW2 and profiteered instead. Yet, tRump claims that "no one is more militaristic" and that he "knows more about ISIS than the generals."

He did dress up in a cute cadet outfit and march around the parade deck of an exclusive school for rich boys, though.

And his Trumplings swallow that baloney whole.

Cheney used to be the GOP's biggest chickenhawk. Move over, Dick.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:03 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't know about you, I am a pretty shallow girl. I like guy who is tall, dark, and handsome. Six pack is what I like. But even for a girl like me, I don't think I can dump my current boyfriend/fiance if he gained weight or lost his look due to a car accident. I don't think I will ever dump him for somebody richer. I love him.

After McCain came home, his first wife walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.

That is not a hero to me. That is not even a real man to me. I am actually pretty surprised that he has done all these heroic things over there.

Hero? To each her own. lol
He divorced her 7 years after he returned from Vietnam. Whether that had anything to do with her physical appearance, I have no idea. People divorce for a lot of reasons.

But again, Trump who has cheated on all three of his trophy wives, has no standing to criticize John McCain.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:08 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
He divorced her 7 years after he returned from Vietnam. Whether that had anything to do with her physical appearance, I have no idea. People divorce for a lot of reasons.

But again, Trump who has cheated on all three of his trophy wives, has no standing to criticize John McCain.
To me, it is The pot calling the kettle black.

McCain has been a powerful man for a very long long long LOOOOOOOOOOONG time, he is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I think he should just move on and retire already. Enjoy the glory war hero status and retire.

OMG John McCain vs Trump part four, two Secondary school girls are at it again! It is getting old.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:10 AM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

Not even his stances as a Senator? That seems to be what you, and others are saying.

He was a POW, he can't be criticized for his positions in the Senate.
He was a war hero, he can't be questioned on his political stances.
He got divorced, no one who's been divorced can question his motivations on legislation.

As I mentioned previously, some of the same people (hypocritically) defending him here were demanding he be publicly flogged when he ran for President.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:19 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Lily---Per the bolded --- I had forgotten what he had done to his first wife. Your post reminded me of his despicable behavior.

His first wife and mother of his kids, got seriously injured in a car accident. She kept the news from him because she didn't want to stress him out even more. The article dates back to 2008 but it gives a good detailed description of how poorly he treated her:

The wife John McCain callously left behind | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
After McCain came home, his first wife walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.
Is this supposed to be a defense of thrice divorced serial adulterer Trump?

Trump boot lickers have absolutely, positively 0 room to disparage people for their marital failures. Rank hypocrisy of the most blatant kind. The only way you could even make this kind of criticism out of one side of your mouth while ignoring or even defending Trumps marital misadventures out of the other side is if you are either astoundingly ignorant or massively dishonest.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:22 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Is this supposed to be a defense of thrice divorced serial adulterer Trump?

Trump boot lickers have absolutely, positively 0 room to disparage people for their marital failures. Rank hypocrisy of the most blatant kind.
Nope.

I am no way a Trump boot licker. I don't even like him, but yes, I did vote for him.

You need to debate honestly and fairly.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:22 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Trump was bedding women en masse - those attracted by his money - as his "personal vietnam war"..... this was a great sacrifice that undoubtedly will be the subject of a YUGE marble statue somewhere in Trumpland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies