Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 06:30 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Interesting change of subject. So they do let Jews in?
We cleared it up.

You're right. The article was incorrect. It's Israeli passports. Not necessarily Jews.

Funny, this is identical to what the pu%%ies on the Left have been crying about. It's not a Muslim ban. It's a moratorium on States not religions.

So Iran is better off than the U.S.? If so, when do you leave?

And why such a decrease in the resident population of Jews in Iran? Care to touch on that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 06:32 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Funny, this is identical to what the pu%%ies on the Left have been crying about. It's not a Muslim ban. It's a moratorium on States not religions.
That's how they tried to sell it... but the intent was questionable. Some of that blame lies with Giuliani whose statements reinforced that intent. Unfortunately for the ban supporters, Trump hates to loose so he would rather go to court than examine what exactly was objectionable to the judges and compromise.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So is the purpose of this post to suggest that we, the USA, act like a third world country, rather than set an example of what an advanced freedom-loving independent country acts like and operate on the moral principles we have operated on for the last 75 years?

The new American Trumpian philosophy is 'let's take the lower road because Yemen does, and we, the United States of America, want to emulate Yemen.' Yemen is what we aspire to be?

Tell you what alt-right. You be Yemen, and we'll be the USA.
This is funny coming from a statist.

If you believe in the concept of statism you automatically agree on arbitrary immigration policy.

So why is your statist policy so superior to the statist Right?

Old 02-09-2017, 06:35 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wow.

A complete double standard is at play here.

These 6 Countries On The Travel Ban List Do NOT ACCEPT Jewish Passports
What exactly is a "jewish passport" I don't recall having to indicate my religion on my passport application..oh, never mind your source is 'gateway pundit'

Old 02-09-2017, 06:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
WoW! 6 of the Countries On Trump's List Do Not Accept Jewish Passports
Do you realize the refugees are trying to GET OUT of those places for a reason, or many reasons. Maybe Pravda didn't explain that part.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
That's how they tried to sell it... but the intent was questionable. Blame Giuliani for reinforcing that intent.
Wouldnt you agree the perceived intent doesn't align with the EO though?

If I Telly Rudy fix me up a Muslim ban and he comes up with a paper that allows 90% of the world's Muslim population to still enter was it really a "Muslim ban"?

Or did Rudy not have access to the internet to see where Muslims live around the world?

(Which would be a shame cuz some of the maps depicting this have pretty colors).

Old 02-09-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What exactly is a "jewish passport" I don't recall having to indicate my religion on my passport application..oh, never mind your source is 'gateway pundit'
We've cleared it up.

Poor job by the GP. Maybe they hired some CNN folks recently?

Fact is, Israeli passports are denied.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:58 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
We've cleared it up.

Poor job by the GP. Maybe they hired some CNN folks recently?

Fact is, Israeli passports are denied.

And? Hooray, Trump is trying to make us not-much-better than what he claims are the most dangerous/worst countries on the planet?

Old 02-09-2017, 07:04 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times
I would hazard a guess that up till at least now, most (probably all) visas currently being used to get into the USA were granted under the Obama administration. You takes your chances. Trump can still ensure no further visas are issued - or that they take years to get. I sincerely hope he does that.

To be honest, no matter what 'vetting' changes can be put in for refugees, it is highly unlikely that we will catch all the people who are even questionable. I mean if you ask a person who believes in taquiyya whether he or she is telling the truth about anything, how can you believe anything they say - even the answer to that question? I would love to know what the government can possibly do with 'extreme vetting' that will truly help weed out the problem children - and how that extreme stuff will work when we know what some of these people will do to forge papers, deny anything, even lie about their ages, etc. all with a straight face and there are often no ways of proving them wrong or right. I am a Trump supporter and I don't think he has gone far enough or admitted all he knows but at least he is trying.

And we still already have those who are here and their children as well (perhaps the latter are even more of an issue - the second generation discontent issue will grow larger as time passes I am sure). In other words, we already have enough of a problem watching for those who are radicalized by online or local mosque means and those who are already in the country who came with ill intent under lax rules and are just biding their time. We need to severely curtail the number of entries for any reason from suspect countries or anyone who can be traced back to those countries regardless of their current location or the passport they are seeking to travel on. We cannot just ignore this problem. Even liberals should agree with that. If you don't, you really are nuts.

Obama made sure we have had a flood of refugees coming in since he left office - many more than normal. He sabotaged Trump deliberately on this issue. And the liberal courts and those who are using them to delay and obfuscate right now are positively acting criminally right now in my opinion because the matter is THAT serious.

I wish we didn't have to be this vigilant and diligent but we do. Anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy in today's world - I don't care what political hat you wear. If they don't want to blow us up, many of them are not upset if someone else does. Prove to me otherwise and I will listen happily but till then I am afraid I want us to err on the side of caution with this particular type of refugees.

Last edited by Aery11; 02-09-2017 at 07:12 PM..

Old 02-09-2017, 07:15 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Boy are they in trouble!! They've let me, a Jew, into the countries I've attempted to enter. And what's worse, they've let me, a Jew, set up a satellite office from my company, owned by a Jew (me), in one of these countries. And someone must be in real trouble as my niece, a Jew, has set up her office in one of these countries a few months ago.

OP, please do at least minimal research before creating threads from websites that have modified the headline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies