Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 07:29 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,170,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Asssad, Putin, Trump...

Right-wingers love their despots, don't they?
Fine, you can take Ahrar Al-Shams and create another Islamic "republic" in the middle east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 07:32 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,016,095 times
Exclamation Demorats fully support Iran - DNC wants to give more

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Youre sympathizing with Assad? The guy who reportedly released biological weapons on his own people?

Sad how many Republicans seem so content wallowing in the gutter these days.
We think democrats do decide with Iran, north Korea, and china. Clearly the democrat money drops have benefited these countries.

Oh, and Hamas. Democrats abandoned Israel and supported both Hamas and the M. brotherhood in Egypt and Libya. Democrats could be called angels.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:45 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,129,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I hope we don't have any terrorists posing as refugees attack America, but if it happens, I hope in happens in San Francisco.
If we take in X number of terrorists and 1/10000 of X terrorists hold up a convenient mart and steal cigarettes, that'll still make them better neighbors than most natural-born citizens here, so really...

How does one "attack America" anyway?

Does being attacked by a refugee hurt worse than being attacked by the guy whose family has lived down the road from yours since before the Civil War?

Because a bullet from that kid you've known since preschool is gonna hurt just as badly as one from the guy who just moved here 6 months ago, is it not?

I think this is a solution looking for a problem.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:47 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,103,242 times
Everyone knows this is a possibility.

That's why there are guarded refugee camps. That's why it's not so easy to move around as a refugee. That's why it's not so easy to obtain refugee status. That's why we have vetting. That's why we have immigrations and customs officials. That's why we have an intelligence community. That's why we depend on our allies to share information with us.

You're just creating a strawman when you say liberals don't know this.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:50 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,496,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If we take in X number of terrorists and 1/10000 of X terrorists hold up a convenient mart and steal cigarettes, that'll still make them better neighbors than most natural-born citizens here, so really...

How does one "attack America" anyway?

Does being attacked by a refugee hurt worse than being attacked by the guy whose family has lived down the road from yours since before the Civil War?

Because a bullet from that kid you've known since preschool is gonna hurt just as badly as one from the guy who just moved here 6 months ago, is it not?

I think this is a solution looking for a problem.
The 911 hijackers weren't properly vetted.

Tell the families vetting isn't important.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:54 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,551,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The 911 hijackers weren't properly vetted.

Tell the families vetting isn't important.
We'll have Bush tell them.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:05 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,496,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Who was President when they received their visas?

Ouch, that has to sting.

Edit: Oops, you might not know. It was during the Clinton years that 9/11 was planned and financed as well as when the hijackers received their visas and came to the US to train for that mission.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:06 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,635,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Bill Clinton, not Bush.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:09 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,920,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Well, now, THERE is a real shocker! Whooda thunk it!

Well, perhaps, nearly anybody with at least two functioning brain cells...

Old 02-10-2017, 08:25 AM

16,351 posts, read 8,434,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Assad? Putin's partner in crime and mass murder? You are ****ing kidding right? If this prick said this was February, I would check the calendar.

And is that not why we have a vetting process? Guess what OP...fifteen of the nineteen 911 hijacker were from Saudi. Have the Saudi royals warned their business partner Trump of this stat? Or are they just keeping the convo light because they are his buddies?

See, there you go attacking the messenger (probably for political/ideological reasons based on the tone of your post), instead of paying attention to the message. I doubt few if any will start saying Assad is just a misunderstood soul, as they assume the report about it him sickeningly accurate. HOWEVER, no one is asking you to invite him for dinner or swap spit with him.
Even a dictatorial thug like Assad can be giving us accurate information.

Heck, just recall when good old Obama & Co were specifically warned not once, not twice, but three times about the Tsarnaev brothers. By whom you might ask? That is right, your new boogyman, Vlad Putin. Yet what did Obama & Co do?
Needless to say I do not have to rehash what happened in Boston, despite repeated warnings that could have saved lives.

So while I'd likely think Assad should some day be brought up on war crimes against his own people, that does not mean I am just going to ignore the real probability that he is telling us the truth in this regard. Frankly, those who will not want to believe it are either naive, or too partisan to want to accept that anything Trump might do or say has any merit.
I on the other hand realize that the federal government has no greater responsibility than to protect our citizens. This includes stopping terrorism as best as we can. So putting a temporary ban on people coming from countries to help prevent attacks is not only prudent, but a responsibility.

I'd also point out how I do not remembers the liberals freaking out when Obama instituted a temp ban. Hypocrisy is something liberals do not seem t get the concept of.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies