Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 11:07 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,740,211 times

Advertisements

As a Trump supporter, I feel bad for the hundreds of thousands of Muslims that have been displaced by war that was in part our fault. Then they come here or hope they can just to escape being killed, but don't really want this culture. But at the same time, I don't think that pissing off people who for the most part believe that their religion and government should be the same are good people to send in mass to our country. So can we just leave them alone or at least use our military to guard areas for refugees to live safely and keep out our military from bombing these areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 11:23 PM

It's really going to be hard to get Repubs and Dems against war in Islamic countries. I can't even get a dozen people on the internet to agree that we should keep our military out of the wars in the Middle East. No wonder it keeps going on.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:31 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,247 times
Ban the Muslim fake religion, remove Muslims from the country, keep Muslims out of the country.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Ban the Muslim fake religion, remove Muslims from the country, keep Muslims out of the country.
Not the type of response I asked for. I asked for people to give causes not reactions.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:55 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Then put everyone in smart cars -wind and solar energy- and send Americans to rehab.
Won't be needed.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I wanted to say the bolded. It seems a little bit obvious, but people are mostly focused on fighting with others, Dems vs Repubs. We can't go in and drone, or shoot or blow up hundreds of thousands of people in these counties, without them getting a little pissed.
You're too smart for politics or too honest. If the Middle East was a brothel full of women American politicians would make how to not contract HIV astronomically difficult.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
You're too smart for politics or too honest. If the Middle East was a brothel full of women American politicians would make how to not contract HIV astronomically difficult.
You are very sarcastic. I get your joke. I'm both. Very honest. Wish I was smarter. But I care most about the truth, regardless of what that may be

Last edited by FelixTheCat; 02-10-2017 at 01:29 AM..

Old 02-10-2017, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Terrorism is portable ideology, not a country.

You can't bomb the hell out of the world?
Terrorism is a tactic. And the United States uses it as well.

I think I made my point clear that if a few people commit a terrorist attack in the USA let the Interpol and law enforcement handle it.

However, if they are backed by a country I said, bomb the hell out of the country, and don't rebuild a damn thing.

People are not stupid. You know it's better to rob the weaker groups than to rob the Chicago mob. At least in it's more powerful years. There is reason for that. Likewise, other nations get the point. As the Soviets did when the US dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan.

I'm not suggesting nuking whole other countries--except one or more tactical nukes on ISIS I might be open to--for a number of reasons. Violation of the Just War Theory is one. But I would not let my enemies know I try to abide by the Christian Just War Theory. If they think I'm Dracula even though I'm a dove all the better. In the hood they call it not making yourself a mark. Contrary to what those Ivy League clowns in D.C. often think, there are a lot of good lessons living in the hood transferable to international politics. Someone, some nation will try you, that's when you kill 10,000 of them in one strike. That way when they perceive you will kill a million of them before the clock strikes the 7th day, you won't have to kill a million of them. As Clausewitz the famed Western military philosopher said, the object of war is to pin your opponent. Wrestling analogy. That he taps out and cedes to your demands. Has ISIS tapped out and ceded to the demands of you paper tigers? No.

And I would operate by moto and method of both the LA Crips and the nation-state of Israel: retaliation is swift.

Unlike Israel the US enjoys natural geographic protection. Oceans on both sides and two large friendly countries above and below it.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Terrorism is a tactic. And the United States uses it as well.

I think I made my point clear that if a few people commit a terrorist attack in the USA let the Interpol and law enforcement handle it.

However, if they are backed by a country I said, bomb the hell out of the country, and don't rebuild a damn thing.

People are not stupid. You know it's better to rob the weaker groups than to rob the Chicago mob. At least in it's more powerful years. There is reason for that. Likewise, other nations get the point. As the Soviets did when the US dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan.

I'm not suggesting nuking whole other countries--except one or more tactical nukes on ISIS I might be open to--for a number of reasons. Violation of the Just War Theory is one. But I would not let my enemies know I try to abide by the Christian Just War Theory. If they think I'm Dracula even though I'm a dove all the better. In the hood they call it not making yourself a mark. Contrary to what those Ivy League clowns in D.C. often think, there are a lot of good lessons living in the hood transferable to international politics. Someone, some nation will try you, that's when you kill 10,000 of them in one strike. That way when they perceive you will kill a million of them before the clock strikes the 7th day, you won't have to kill a million of them. As Clausewitz the famed Western military philosopher said, the object of war is to pin your opponent. Wrestling analogy. That he taps out and cedes to your demands. Has ISIS tapped out and ceded to the demands of you paper tigers? No.

And I would operate by moto and method of both the LA Crips and the nation-state of Israel: retaliation is swift.

Unlike Israel the US enjoys natural geographic protection. Oceans on both sides and two large friendly countries above and below it.
America can beat them. You don't need to show them how. America simply is not interested.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:51 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times
Putting politics aside, no country can survive with open borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies