Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 11:34 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I really don't get all the 2 year old foot stamping that is going on.
I don't either. You'd think Trump has better things to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 11:42 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
NC is one of the most diverse places in the US and the world? I sure didn't notice that when I spent time there.

Of course I live in Southern CA.

How on earth did you come up with that comment?
I live in one of the fastest growing counties in America. We were the fastest growing two years in a row and still make the lists of fast growth. I hear several languages spoken any day I go shopping or for most other activities.

//www.city-data.com/city/Monroe...-Carolina.html

North Carolina is 563 miles from Murphy to Manteo. Where did you spend your time and how long ago? Things change. I grew up in another part of the state where the diversity is 95% white and 5% other. I don't think diversity matters. The most unruly people we encountered on our trip was at a hotel in Wyoming where several college students were celebrating a ball game. It was the most expensive place we stayed and it was a little scary since they were right outside our door at 2. A. M. All races have orderly and disorderly people.

Last edited by NCN; 02-10-2017 at 12:04 PM..

Old 02-10-2017, 11:44 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Soros at work again.
Proof? Or is just your unsubstantiated opinion again?

Old 02-10-2017, 11:51 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I live in one of the fastest growing counties in America. We were the fastest growing two years in a row and still make the lists of fast growth. I hear several languages spoken any day I go shopping or for most other activities.

//www.city-data.com/city/Monroe...-Carolina.html

Taking a look at your stats it's still the majority white by almost half. It sounds like your just recently getting people of various backgrounds. Your Asian population is under 2%.

It sounds more like this is a new thing.

And fast growth comes with many issues. Schools, hospitals, roads not kept up to handle the increase in traffic. Fast growth isn't always a good thing.

FL is a perfect example of that. Just their infrastructure alone can't support the traffic.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:54 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all - Mario Savio
You just summed up the problem with our educational system-it hasn't worked for years. We spend more than any other country, while our children's performance falls further and further behind the rest of the developed world. We need someone like Devos that actually wants to fix the system, not just enrich herself with donations from the teacher's unions and school districts. Hopefully she will be able to do SOMETHING to fix this failed mess we call public education in America. It's obvious our current administrators and teachers can't-and don't really want to.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:58 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You just summed up the problem with our educational system-it hasn't worked for years. We spend more than any other country, while our children's performance falls further and further behind the rest of the developed world. We need someone like Devos that actually wants to fix the system, not just enrich herself with donations from the teacher's unions and school districts. Hopefully she will be able to do SOMETHING to fix this failed mess we call public education in America. It's obvious our current administrators and teachers can't-and don't really want to.
DeVoss is in it for the profits just as he brother profited off of the Iraq invasion. She's a self-serving know nothing who is not qualified enough to educate an amoeba. This ognrant religious zealot bought her way into a system to pillage and plunder and will leave a mess behind. Look at dismal her record...OMG!

Old 02-10-2017, 11:59 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
DeVoss is in it for the profits just as he brother profited off of the Iraq invasion. She's a self-serving know nothing who is not qualified enough to educate an amoeba.
Who is DeVoss?

Old 02-10-2017, 12:00 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
This lack of civil order shows why Devos is so badly needed. Schools are not teaching children; it's a propaganda system.
The teacher Unions are terrified that Devos will break their grip on the Education Process!

Old 02-10-2017, 12:02 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
She doesn't want to fix the school system. She wants to change them all over to Jesus centered, for profit charter schools. Here in Michigan where she's heavily involved in charter schools they don't preform as good as the national average for public schools.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:04 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Who is DeVoss?
Pardon me ...DeVos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies