Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 11:37 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,555,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Whatever killer. Go kill people as you are in the minority there.
Typical Liberal response when there is no argument they can present for their agenda. Its called deflect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 11:49 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,555,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
that is not and has never really been the issue.

The issue is that the task is simply too big to be successfully accomplished. It would cost billions and billions take years and years and may not be doable and at the end we have a new huge federal bureaucracy with no purpose as the illegals are all gone..
Being illegal is the issue, and just because some folks think its impossible, doesn't justify just throwing up your hands and saying we can't control out Nation, so everyone come on in and do what you want. These same people are the ones who said Trump would not be here to talk about it.

No, we won't end up with any more than we have now. The same Agencies we have now are the same ones deporting illegals now. In fact, we have many more that where prevented from doing their job by the Obama policy and the Sanctuary Cities. Now these people can get back to work and do what they where hired for and what they want to do. Catch and Deport Illegals. Same people, same Agencies, same Laws, working for a change.

All your citing is scare tactics to support Illegals staying here and leeching off our systems intended to make American Lives better, not illegal Aliens from all over the World.

These Aliens have no Constitutional rights if they where not legal residents of this Nation and did not Immigrate through legal Channels, no more that a Member of ISIL would have Constitutional right if they came here illegally and claimed he had Constitutional Rights. That would be absurd.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:58 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,279,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Being illegal is the issue, and just because some folks think its impossible, doesn't justify just throwing up your hands and saying we can't control out Nation, so everyone come on in and do what you want. These same people are the ones who said Trump would not be here to talk about it.

No, we won't end up with any more than we have now. The same Agencies we have now are the same ones deporting illegals now. In fact, we have many more that where prevented from doing their job by the Obama policy and the Sanctuary Cities. Now these people can get back to work and do what they where hired for and what they want to do. Catch and Deport Illegals. Same people, same Agencies, same Laws, working for a change.

All your citing is scare tactics to support Illegals staying here and leeching off our systems intended to make American Lives better, not illegal Aliens from all over the World.

These Aliens have no Constitutional rights if they where not legal residents of this Nation and did not Immigrate through legal Channels, no more that a Member of ISIL would have Constitutional right if they came here illegally and claimed he had Constitutional Rights. That would be absurd.
Obama has the highest deportation total of any President and the single biggest yearly total. There is no evidence that Trump can do significantly better and that total is insufficient to solve the problem in any reasonable time frame.

It has nothing to do with the "rights" of the illegals. Merely that there are huge and likely not overcomeable problems in the way of a success deportation. And their is no overall will to attempt it.

So those opposed to legalization merely prevent any soltution. Which is dumb.

Old 02-13-2017, 09:42 AM

29,410 posts, read 9,604,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Obama has the highest deportation total of any President and the single biggest yearly total. There is no evidence that Trump can do significantly better and that total is insufficient to solve the problem in any reasonable time frame.

It has nothing to do with the "rights" of the illegals. Merely that there are huge and likely not overcomeable problems in the way of a success deportation. And their is no overall will to attempt it.

So those opposed to legalization merely prevent any soltution. Which is dumb.
Trump supporters don't need evidence about anything they choose to believe just like there was no evidence Trump would or could do all the nutty things he promised to get himself elected. There's problem #1 when it comes to making sense to people who can't understand even the basics related to these challenges. Much easier to just demonize the target of choice regardless the facts and statistics, because the call to arms is much easier and more exciting than a call for reason and pragmatism.

Right! Oh Hell no! Let's just peese everyone off, even if it includes one of our best trading partners that shares our borders. There's at least one Hispanic kept from entering the United States -- their president!

No doubt that also brings three cheers from Trump supporters. Please have mercy!

Old 02-13-2017, 10:57 AM

778 posts, read 337,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
If this comment is supposed to represent even a basic understanding or our differences or common sense, then no doubt anyone can claim anything, and some are surely more inclined to do so with wild abandon as compared to others. In the name of reason and logic, please have mercy...
This comment represents my viewpoint. That viewpoint is based on being steeped in the liberal hypocrisy for nearly a decade and then having the ability to step back and see the hypocrisy and starting on a new path to reason and logic based on educating myself on conservative views, history, economics and just having an open mind.

So I do have empathy for those who are still caught up in that emotional indoctrination, but mercy is not mine to give.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:01 PM

29,410 posts, read 9,604,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
This comment represents my viewpoint. That viewpoint is based on being steeped in the liberal hypocrisy for nearly a decade and then having the ability to step back and see the hypocrisy and starting on a new path to reason and logic based on educating myself on conservative views, history, economics and just having an open mind.

So I do have empathy for those who are still caught up in that emotional indoctrination, but mercy is not mine to give.
Awfully thick rhetoric either way...

As one who has been following politics for a long time, always trying to understand the viewpoint of those who don't agree with mine, I can go back well farther than a decade over which time I doubt I have little misunderstanding what "reason and logic" determine conservative views. I find it quite lacking generally speaking when ALL is considered.

Your comment makes me think you might be someone who thinks they know better and if so, we both know better than to do circles with generalities. As I have commented too many times to count, without specifics, we're just wasting key strokes.

On the other hand, we probably both know we're just wasting key strokes no matter what facts, reason or logic we exchange, which is why I don't hold my breath for much better and why I've got more productive things to do with my time right now, but I might have more time to waste tomorrow! Might catch you then if you like...

Old 02-13-2017, 12:10 PM

14,465 posts, read 11,241,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's safer than the alternative - removing the sanctuary policy.

It's not me who said this, it's the boots on the ground (i.e law enforcement) who are saying it.
Sanctuary cities weren't born to protect illegal immigrants, they were born to protect illegal immigrants who have committed crimes. I cannot recall what dimwit said "We aren't going to deport people for stealing cars." but you can bet your arse it was a coastal liberal.

The Feds were not and are not in the business of breaking down doors and sending all the occupants home, they are in the business of requesting detainers on illegal immigrants who have come to the attention of LE for one reason or another.

Sanctuary cities are in the business or harboring these people from the Feds.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:13 PM

23,423 posts, read 17,101,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
They claim that because the authorities will not ask for documentation, illegals will be more willing to report crimes and/or cooperate with an investigation.

Might very well be true, but as you say if they don't know the status of these individuals then it is a falsehood to claim the illegals have been more cooperative.

They really don't know do they?

Actively hunting illegals down isn't a great idea, but if one commits a crime and is found to be undocumented they should be deported. Period.
Many inner city murders go unsolved to the tune of 90% plus because the 'community' adheres to gang law that condems to death anyone who rats out another.

There is no way in hades that an illegal alien living in an ethnic community is going to rat out perps. That excuse the libs are using as a banner is pure hogwash, divorced form reality. Who do they expect will believe that nonsense????????

Old 02-13-2017, 12:18 PM

35,522 posts, read 20,876,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNansea View Post
The entitlement, the arrogance, the lack of respect for the U.S. Constitution & our laws & the U.S. citizens & the selfish/eff you attitude is what makes me not feel badly for those here illegally who get deported.

We have laws for a reason. When someone comes here illegally or over-stays-their permission to be here, they are taking away from the people who live here. They take jobs from us, education, medical resources, placement in college institutions, our tax dollars in the way of food stamps, WIC, free lunches in school, disability benefits, welfare & more. And many illegals send money out of our country to their homeland which is adding to the destruction of our economy.

They have no right to do any of that to us. There is no justification for ignoring our laws or taking our jobs, etc. To say they come here because they know jobs are here is a wilful dismissal of our rights in our own country. They want to come here & use us &; take benefits intended to help our own citizens. Certainly you can understand that that's not right & we resent it.

They don't get to apply the laws as to how it works for them nor do they determine what the consequences will be for breaking the law. This blatant disregard & expectation is some of what angers many.

Then to accuse U.S. citizens of being xenophobic, hypocrites, who are anti-immigrant & don't pay taxes nor provide worker's comp after we enticed them to come here illegally to work for us is an attempt to blame us while minimizing the illegal's crimes. Most of us do not do those things nor feel that way.

We have programs in place that provide for allowing 1.1 million immigrants per year to come to the United States, which is the most generous immigrant policy of any nation. When people are here illegally, it insults & angers those who have followed the law & come here legitimately.

We have laws for a reason.Then to accuse U.S. citizens , hypocrites, who are anti-immigrant & don't pay taxes nor provide worker's comp after we enticed them to come here illegally to work for us is an attempt to blame us while minimizing the illegal's crimes. Most of us do not do those things nor feel that way.

you may NOT feel that way sweetie, but hundreds of corporations DO... but they go around and smoke their big cigars and laugh at us all -- stick to the FACTS-- when you really want to fix the illegal problem start with the "employment issue "-- until then hypocrites all

Old 02-13-2017, 12:32 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,279,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Many inner city murders go unsolved to the tune of 90% plus because the 'community' adheres to gang law that condems to death anyone who rats out another.

There is no way in hades that an illegal alien living in an ethnic community is going to rat out perps. That excuse the libs are using as a banner is pure hogwash, divorced form reality. Who do they expect will believe that nonsense????????
Mostly a rust belt problem. High Hispanic areas generally do not have the problem. See El Paso...or even Las Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies