Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 12:24 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times

Advertisements

I have read the comments from many folks from the left actually taking the law into their own hands. We have police departments that are directed to stand down with innocent lives at stake.

Its time as a country have to consider direct force to make our towns and cities safe again. the Anarchist and Liberals are burning and assaulting anyone who does not share their passion.

Being in these situation form the Law enforcement side, It will be just a matter of time where lethal force is applied and those who incite these out of control events sent to prison.

Thoughts????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 12:40 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I have read the comments from many folks from the left actually taking the law into their own hands. We have police departments that are directed to stand down with innocent lives at stake.

Its time as a country have to consider direct force to make our towns and cities safe again. the Anarchist and Liberals are burning and assaulting anyone who does not share their passion.

Being in these situation form the Law enforcement side, It will be just a matter of time where lethal force is applied and those who incite these out of control events sent to prison.

Thoughts????
There's just one? "the Anarchist"?

Whether knowingly or not, you are making the mistake of conflating Anarchists and Liberals. The two are not the same at all, and it does not add weight to your opinion when they are confused and the terms are used interchangeably.

I am a moderate Democrat, tilting to the left on some but not all current issues. I am certainly not an anarchist, and I am not a violent person, nor do I encourage or support violence, vandalism, property destruction, arson, theft, injuring others, blocking doorways, interfering with others' freedom of speech or movement, etc. I don't even like graffiti. I condemn all of these things.

That said, peaceful rallies are just fine. And they are 99%+ of what we've experienced recently. Like the one I attended on the courthouse square last weekend. About five or six police officers were there, along with around 1,000 other people. The police were being asked to pose for selfies, sign autographs, and were being approached by members of the public just to chat. We have a very fine police chief at present, and some of those attending the rally spoke to the police who were present in order to voice their admiration for our police chief.

There did not seem to be one bit of litter left after the rally dispersed, despite the many signs, many of them homemade.

I'd encourage you to check out your local events - marches, rallies, public meetings, etc. - in person to get a more accurate idea of what's going on, and to get the facts from those who were there in other places. Incidents such as what occurred in Oakland are very rare, condemned by peaceful people from all sides and POVs, and are quite atypical. In fact, because of its rarity, there are those who are questioning if it might not have been a fifth column/false flag incident? Whatever it was, it should not have happened and I hope we do not see such again.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:41 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Quote:

Thoughts????
What does the 2nd amendment say again?

Old 02-10-2017, 12:46 PM

26,570 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
I have read the comments from many folks from the left actually taking the law into their own hands.
on this forum?

link(s)?

Old 02-10-2017, 12:48 PM

26,570 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
yep, chuck. nice enough guy, a little on edge.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:55 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

Whether knowingly or not, you are making the mistake of conflating Anarchists and Liberals. The two are not the same at all, and it does not add weight to your opinion when they are confused and the terms are used interchangeably.
Really?!
UC Berkeley Student Paper Publishes Five Op-Eds Defending Violent Riots | Mediaite

Old 02-10-2017, 12:57 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
OP has posted nothing. No data supplied NO links Nothing. Just an extremist unsupported claim.

Fake news Post, is perhaps the best way to put it.

I guess the right is just hating Trump's massive failures

Fighting with Australian PM...

Bowing down to China after challenging the One China policy ( Trump folded like a cheap suit)

Unwelcome in the UK.

Threatening the Mexican President , and arguing with him.

Praising Putin and claiming Putin's murdering of opponents is no different from US policies...

Signing an EO written by Bannon, without reading it or understanding what he was signing.

Having his border EO slapped back by the courts,

Attacking our judges and telling them how to rule..

I could go for days, Trump is a disaster, and that is why OP is upset. OP is seeing the rightwing dream imploding under the weight of Trump's stupidity and Bannon's hubris.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:05 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
OP has posted nothing. No data supplied NO links Nothing. Just an extremist unsupported claim.

Fake news Post, is perhaps the best way to put it.

I guess the right is just hating Trump's massive failures

Fighting with Australian PM...

Bowing down to China after challenging the One China policy ( Trump folded like a cheap suit)

Unwelcome in the UK.

Threatening the Mexican President , and arguing with him.

Praising Putin and claiming Putin's murdering of opponents is no different from US policies...

Signing an EO written by Bannon, without reading it or understanding what he was signing.

Having his border EO slapped back by the courts,

Attacking our judges and telling them how to rule..

I could go for days, Trump is a disaster, and that is why OP is upset. OP is seeing the rightwing dream imploding under the weight of Trump's stupidity and Bannon's hubris.
UC Berkeley Student Paper Publishes Five Op-Eds Defending Violent Riots | Mediaite
Violence helped ensure safety of students | The Daily Californian
Black bloc did what campus should have | The Daily Californian
UC Berkeley police accused of inaction in wake of Milo Yiannopoulos protest
Berkeley Protesters Show Free Speech Only Extends to Liberals on Campus | Civil Wars | US News

Old 02-10-2017, 01:13 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Saw this in Los Angeles last night . Protestors blocked a FREEWAY entrance and police did nothing ... why are the police submitting to these nutjobs ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies