Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2017, 07:03 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
There is no need to explain the obvious.

Just read through this thread.

Lies, unsubstantiated accusations, name-calling, easily refutable claims -- by your side -- and nothing more.
If they are so easily refutable then why don't you start doing so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 07:03 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
You really need to read books about Hitler and the rise of Hitler. He began by lying, he began by putting down the press, and the judges. Trump is taking the same steps. He has read Hitler's speeches. He wants to be a dictator. Like Hitler, Trump began also by putting down certain people. Before he ever put them into the ovens, he had his military shoot them in the streets. Those who have never read history no little about what can happen. And the fact is, most of Trump's supports will not read any history. They too want people out of the country, they bought into the fear just like Hitler's people bought into the fear of the Jews.

And now in the news it has been proven that Mike Flynn has been talking to Russia as has Trump, and they have undermined our government, but like Hitler, Trump has told so many lies that when he now says, I didn't do it, his people believe. If this new evidence is ignored, I will only be able to assumer that the Republican are with him still.

Read the boo,k "It Can't Happen Here," by Sinclair Lewis, read 1984, read books about Hitler, read what Hitler says. Think it all won't affect you because you are white. Think again or you are an American. Think again. There is a reason why Trump likes ignormant people; they are easy to persuade to his way of thinking.
That's all very nice, but I'm still waiting for the claim that we're burning people in ovens to be substantiated.

It appears that it's not going to be substantiated, because it is false.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:04 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,111,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
You have been, I'm guessing, pretty apolitical because you had faith in our democracy. That doesn't make you a bad person, or even an irresponsible person. The fact that you rise to the occasion when it becomes abundantly clear that your nation needs you makes you, in fact, a very good person.
Hear, hear!!

Old 02-11-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
If they are so easily refutable then why don't you start doing so?
I already have.

But show me a claim that I haven't refuted if you can find one.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I rest my case.
You have no case.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
BTW, "renegotiating" a loan means that some time after you agree to pay back a certain amount you tell the bank or investment firm that you are not going to do that, that you will pay a lesser amount or they can take you to court for it.

It's one of the reasons American banks have not loaned money to Trump for the past few decades.
And yet you guys are always saying that he owes all kinds of money to banks....

How can that be if they haven't lent to him "for the past few decades"?

Old 02-11-2017, 07:09 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Now THAT is the truth. The media is fully responsible for granting Trump respectability when he deserved none; for placidly standing by and refusing to challenge him in the early days of the campaign because they did not want to ruffle feathers - essentially they abdicated their responsibilities as journalists. He pretty much got a free pass on the stuff that really mattered.
Let's be honest, the media did that because they didn't want a Republican to win and they thought he could be easily beatable. They held back stories just so they could drop them at the right time. Meanwhile, they made a Trump loss seem so inevitable that many didn't bother voting for Clinton, while others probably thought they could vote for Trump in protest and it wouldn't matter.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
People being duped is "significantly comparable" to people being incinerated in ovens?
I think the duping happened first, which eventually led to the ovens.

Either way, read the article if you haven't already. Your guy's unfit for office. Article lays out what the rest of us have known since the 80s. Trump is a lying, egotistical narcissistic clown and y'all just made him leader of the free world. It'd be funny if it weren't so terrifying.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:13 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Quote:
So all you have is name-calling.

Accusations without anything to back them up.

Typical.

No wonder Democrats keep losing.
Relating accurate descriptions of what is going on in our country that can be researched and validated in anyone of a number of sources, including the OP's, is not name-calling.

The continued responses of some here only substantiate these descriptions. The oblivity continues. Further discussion is useless. As the old saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink."

Our country is stronger than any one person. Even one in the White House. It will survive and a hundred years from now when we are all dead and gone, the stars and stripes will still wave and U.S. history will simply record this as a temporary low point.

Peace

Old 02-11-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You anti-Trumpsters are haters of America and Americans that i will fight until I die.
No one hates America more than Trump. He hates America than just about anybody, I think.

Seriously every action he takes shows how much he truly loathes our country. Maybe he thought this was going to be like buying an existing company and changing it to fit his "brand"? That could just decide what parts were disposable? Nope, sorry Donald. We love America too much to let you ruin it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies