Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2017, 07:14 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
I think the duping happened first, which eventually led to the ovens.

Either way, read the article if you haven't already. Your guy's unfit for office. Article lays out what the rest of us have known since the 80s. Trump is a lying, egotistical narcissistic clown and y'all just made him leader of the free world. It'd be funny if it weren't so terrifying.
If duping people led to ovens, then there would be a lot more ovens than this world has ever seen.

As for the rest of what you say, name-call, name-call, name-call, name-call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 07:15 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,767,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
But the bottom line is that I'll take a so-so businessman over a career lying dirtbag politician like Crooked Hillary. And enough of America also agreed with me.
If the only negative Trump had going for him were that he is a bad businessman, then I could live with him. But he has demonstrated a shocking lack of leadership ability and an extremely worrisome inability to tell fact from fiction. The POTUS job wields an extraordinary amount of power, both militarily and politically, throughout the world. It is not a place for on the job training. It requires someone who will listen to the counsel of others, who works to build consensus, and who understands the complexity of the world we live in. Trump just does not have that ability. He is a bull in a china shop. It is a dangerous situation.

If you have studied how WW I was started, it was a sequence of missteps by European leaders that just snowballed out of control. But it was largely kicked off by various leaders getting rankled at what others had said, not done. Words have a powerful effect and can start a war. Trump and his erratic, impulsive tweets just doesn't get what effect those late night rants can have.

Case in point:
Obama was widely criticized for not identifying terrorists as being Islamic and instead calling them "extremists". Trump made a big deal of that and has been ranting about Islamic countries and Islamic terrorists. Well, as it turns out those words have come back to bite him. The 9th Circuit court upheld the injunction against his EO because he called out Islam in it and in his speeches. Obama understood the corner he would put himself in if he called out a religion specifically so avoided it but Trump does not get the nuances of politics or US constitutional law. It is amateur hour for the Trump administration.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:18 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
From the link...

The media gave this birther con man billions of dollars of free publicity and air time ad nauseam and I think that they need to make up for that HUGE mistake by proving that facts matter and hold this grifter's feet to the fire.
I too appreciated Mr. Sullivan's piece. So-called President has manipulated the media for his own enrichment for literally decades. 'Any press is good press' or 'Succès de scandale' or in the Con & bs Artist's own words:

Quote:
"It really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”
Disheartening & demoralizing.

His continued & increased manipulation of media, extended by an evolving & advancing technology, including avenues of social media, & worsened (!!!) by his willingness to abuse the power of the Presidency entrusted to him by the American people.

From Mr. Sullivan's piece:

"Big Brother never leaves you alone."

The madness of King Donald brought to you by Big Brother.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:23 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
What does Sullivan being gay have to do with anything?

And no, Trump is not "making this country great again." He's breaking it. And that's bad. Very bad.

You need to wake up, pal.
I think you're the one who needs to wake. Hilary and Trump, both liars, left for Americans to choose. What you need to wake up to is why Trump had a chance in hell to win. America IS broken, and that's the REAL reason we are in this MESS.

What's stupid is we haven't, and are not addressing ^ this. Instead we are just freaking out about which band-aid we've chosen to COVER IT UP> Why not address America's bleeding sores instead. Nobody can afford the mandated health insurance and get little actual care out of it, jobs don't pay a living wage anymore nor do our salaries match inflation, we have been in a constant state of war in the middle east for twelve years, we are broke and under educated because our education system sucks.

People had the choice of the same old crap or that tiny bit of hope someone could fix maybe even one of ^^these things. I agree, doesn't look like it will happen anymore than it did with all the other failed promises we've received from previous presidents but I think you need to deal with why people feel desperate, not Donald Trumps new yorker mouth or his hunt for fake news.

It's what the left is opposing that's off to me. Meanwhile people are dying, sick, out of work, etc. It's just silly and looks just as immature as Trump.

The democratic party use to be the party that addressed these issues but they failed along the way, and it's shows. Not Trumps fault.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:26 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
And yet you guys are always saying that he owes all kinds of money to banks....

How can that be if they haven't lent to him "for the past few decades"?
There are both banks outside the US that have lower lending standards and alternative financiers, US banks don't find Trump credit worthy.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
for every demonstrably looney thing Trump does or says....gleefully destructive chaos of a mob mentality....
Quote:
this....con man....hold this grifter's feet to the fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"the kind of bald-faced lies that authoritarians issue as a way to test loyalty and force their subjects into submission. That first press conference when Sean Spicer was sent out to lie and fulminate to the press about the inauguration crowd reminded me of some Soviet apparatchik having his loyalty tested to see if he could repeat in public what he knew to be false. It was comical, but also faintly chilling."
Quote:
an idiot liar was garnering and that no one called him out on his obvious bull-****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
told one lie after another....lied his rumpled rump off.....It can't have escaped their attention that Trump goaded the intelligence services into revealing their sources for the Russian connections and that blackmail dossier.....Shortly thereafter, the ex-KGB agent who was the most likely source of the blackmail dossier turns up dead in the back of his Lexus. Foul play is suspected. No kidding. Then three FSB cybersecurity experts are hauled off to prison for being CIA sources. Suddenly, there is a chill in the air of shared intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
....call out Trump as a BS artist.
Quote:
....misinformation spewed by the other loons that populate its halls.. ..
Quote:
....Nothing is allowed to penetrate the echo chamber of Trump's lies-as-truth.....
Name-calling, paranoia, special pleadings -- just a small portion of the bile anti-Trumps mistake for "argument" and "fact"....

Keep it up -- it's fun to read!

Old 02-11-2017, 07:28 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I already have.

But show me a claim that I haven't refuted if you can find one.
Opinions are not facts

Old 02-11-2017, 07:31 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,258,471 times
Brilliant read! Now I might want to see Silence.

After the billionaire and Goldman Sachs appointees milk the system for what they can, the rubes who voted Trump will gradually wake up and realize that this naked emperor has nothing in his bag of tricks for them. Keeping foreigners away won't put any more meat on the dinner table.

In the end, Trump's own party will turn on him. He's already damaging their brand and they've never been comfortable with him to begin with. It's only a matter of when; not if.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
If the only negative Trump had going for him were that he is a bad businessman, then I could live with him. But he has demonstrated a shocking lack of leadership ability and an extremely worrisome inability to tell fact from fiction. The POTUS job wields an extraordinary amount of power, both militarily and politically, throughout the world. It is not a place for on the job training. It requires someone who will listen to the counsel of others, who works to build consensus, and who understands the complexity of the world we live in. Trump just does not have that ability. He is a bull in a china shop. It is a dangerous situation.

If you have studied how WW I was started, it was a sequence of missteps by European leaders that just snowballed out of control. But it was largely kicked off by various leaders getting rankled at what others had said, not done. Words have a powerful effect and can start a war. Trump and his erratic, impulsive tweets just doesn't get what effect those late night rants can have.

Case in point:
Obama was widely criticized for not identifying terrorists as being Islamic and instead calling them "extremists". Trump made a big deal of that and has been ranting about Islamic countries and Islamic terrorists. Well, as it turns out those words have come back to bite him. The 9th Circuit court upheld the injunction against his EO because he called out Islam in it and in his speeches. Obama understood the corner he would put himself in if he called out a religion specifically so avoided it but Trump does not get the nuances of politics or US constitutional law. It is amateur hour for the Trump administration.
No, it's amateur hour for the ninth circuit court, which has no right to rule on Trump's executive order, regardless of what he has said about Muslims.

Trump should ignore the court or, better, arrest its members and toss them in jail for siding with terrorists over the safety of U.S. citizens.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:35 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I think you're the one who needs to wake. Hilary and Trump, both liars, left for Americans to choose. What you need to wake up to is why Trump had a chance in hell to win. America IS broken, and that's the REAL reason we are in this MESS.

What's stupid is we haven't, and are not addressing ^ this. Instead we are just freaking out about which band-aid we've chosen to COVER IT UP> Why not address America's bleeding sores instead. Nobody can afford the mandated health insurance and get little actual care out of it, jobs don't pay a living wage anymore nor do our salaries match inflation, we have been in a constant state of war in the middle east for twelve years, we are broke and under educated because our education system sucks.

People had the choice of the same old crap or that tiny bit of hope someone could fix maybe even one of ^^these things. I agree, doesn't look like it will happen anymore than it did with all the other failed promises we've received from previous presidents but I think you need to deal with why people feel desperate, not Donald Trumps new yorker mouth or his hunt for fake news.

It's what the left is opposing that's off to me. Meanwhile people are dying, sick, out of work, etc. It's just silly and looks just as immature as Trump.

The democratic party use to be the party that addressed these issues but they failed along the way, and it's shows. Not Trumps fault.
Agree with much here alhough, from 'Art of the Deal' so-called President makes this point:

"The point is that you can't be too greedy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies