Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2017, 07:36 AM

12,254 posts, read 6,414,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
That's all very nice, but I'm still waiting for the claim that we're burning people in ovens to be substantiated.

It appears that it's not going to be substantiated, because it is false.
Hitler never talked about burning people in ovens when he was rising to power but the orange man is indeed following his play book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 07:37 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,401,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
There are both banks outside the US that have lower lending standards and alternative financiers, US banks don't find Trump credit worthy.
Er, right.

Foreign banks like to lose money, but American banks don't.

Is that what you're saying?

Old 02-11-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Hitler never talked about burning people in ovens when he was rising to power but the orange man is indeed following his play book.
So Trump is setting up concentration camps, and has a paramilitary force of over a million armed men beating his political opponents in the streets...?

I'm not seeing a lot of the "connections" that you're trying to make.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:42 AM

51,580 posts, read 25,554,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Brilliant read! Now I might want to see Silence.

After the billionaire and Goldman Sachs appointees milk the system for what they can, the rubes who voted Trump will gradually wake up and realize that this naked emperor has nothing in his bag of tricks for them. Keeping foreigners away won't put any more meat on the dinner table.

In the end, Trump's own party will turn on him. He's already damaging their brand and they've never been comfortable with him to begin with. It's only a matter of when; not if.

Once the Republicans realize that he is dragging them all down, they will find a way to blame a bunch of their B.S. on Trump and grease the skids. He will retire to spend more time with his family (hasn't seen Baron since the inauguration) and his business interests.

I doubt the rubes will turn on Trump. They insist that if we had only given him a little more time, he would have made good on his promises. They will claim "We wuz robbed," for years.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Opinions are not facts
So you can't show me a claim that I haven't refuted.

I'm not surprised.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:44 AM

6,808 posts, read 6,903,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
No one hates America more than Trump. He hates America than just about anybody, I think.

Seriously every action he takes shows how much he truly loathes our country. Maybe he thought this was going to be like buying an existing company and changing it to fit his "brand"? That could just decide what parts were disposable? Nope, sorry Donald. We love America too much to let you ruin it.
What a ridiculous comment. TDS in full display here.

Wasn't Obama the one who wanted to "fundamentally change the United States"?.....and boy, did he. And not for the better.

I hope you aren't speaking for all the ones who love America so much they are burning the American flag at their protests.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:44 AM

8,082 posts, read 6,694,932 times
Andrew Sullivan...lol...He's about as objective as Bill Mahr. Word has it that Sullivan, Mahr and Rachel Maddow engage in a weekly circle jerk...

Old 02-11-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Andrew Sullivan...lol...He's about as objective as Bill Mahr. Word has it that Sullivan, Mahr and Rachel Maddow engage in a weekly circle jerk...
I'm trying not to picture this.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:47 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,078,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Right on target. Seriously, people, those who find themselves repeatedly having to find excuses for every demonstrably looney thing Trump does or says, have a little soul-searching to do. I know it's fun to throw caution to the wind and get swept up in the gleefully destructive chaos of a mob mentality. But . . . seriously.

Andrew Sullivan: The Madness of King Donald
Say what you want, but king Donald did in 21 days what the other bozos couldn't do in 21 years...illegals bye bye!

Old 02-11-2017, 07:50 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,878,151 times
Quote:
No, it's amateur hour for the ninth circuit court, which has no right to rule on Trump's executive order, regardless of what he has said about Muslims.
Yes they did. So they did. Trump is not King. He has to follow laws just like everyone else.

Quote:
Trump should ignore the court or, better, arrest its members and toss them in jail for siding with terrorists over the safety of U.S. citizens.
Then show us facts that prove that these immigrants were a terrorist threat to us. Because I have shown that they are not. Not a single American has lost their lives to these refugees with the current vetting procedures in place between 1975 and 2015.

As for the idea that Donald was the lesser of two evils, I don't understand why anyone truly believed that. He has no experience in government, politics, or law, nor any education in it and his actions have made that lack of comprehension abundantly obvious. Also, his arrogance and ego makes Kanye West look humble, and his lack of understanding about the huge differences of government sector and private sector employment has led to a series of gigantic missteps, mistakes that will be hard to recover from. I get it; America has problems, which was why many people voted for such a completely different candidate as he. But he is certainly not our Messiah, and we'll be lucky if we come out of his administration unscathed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies