Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 05:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
It doesn't matter if you don't see it as so as that is what happened. Cleaning up mining adds cost, which is passed on to consumers.
You asked if I saw it as a part of the war on coal. I said I didn't see it as any war on coal. We ask all energy producers to do as little damage as possible and to reclaim any areas they use.

There is also a good bit of fracking in WV (when prices justify it). They also must reclaim the land they drill on. No one claims that as a "war on gas". It's simply a part of doing business.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:49 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I explained the problems with the photos.
No, you just buried your head in the sand and said there's no problem. Reality isn't going away. People can see it for themselves on google earth, photos all over the place, or go there themselves and see it. Scientists have even quantified the impacts (see link above, 40 percent of central Appalachia flattened) and it's shocking how much has been lost.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
No, you just buried your head in the sand and said there's no problem. Reality isn't going away. People can see it for themselves on google earth, photos all over the place, or go there themselves and see it. Scientists have even quantified the impacts (see link above, 40 percent of central Appalachia flattened) and it's shocking how much has been lost.
I'll be happy to take them. Maybe we can feed the starving Polar Bears.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:24 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I wouldn't want to live in ANY of these states:

High tax Liberal Utopias:
California
Oregon
Washington
New York
Illinois
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Rhode Island

Nor would I want to live in these rural backwater places with nothing going on:
Mississippi
West Virginia
Alabama
Tennessee
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Kansas
Nebraska
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
North Dakota
South Dakota (although I would like to visit this one)

Kind of painting with a pretty broad brush, aren't you? Have you been to all areas of all those states? I've been to Pennsylvania quite a bit and really like the area around Gettysburg. But I have a nephew who lives further up in in the state in East Podunksburg or something like that and I would consider living there to be a punishment.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:30 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Republican politicians have failed rural America.
Cities and towns ran by Democrats like Detroit, Chicago, are left in ruins, ruined by policies of the Democrat Party.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:56 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You really want to argue who is better between a State with the 6th largest economy on the planet and West Virginia who is only known for its incest popularity?
Interesting because I have always read that WV is better known for its inbreeding. Taboo always work with conservative family values.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:11 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Interesting because I have always read that WV is better known for its inbreeding. Taboo always work with conservative family values.
That's why if you really love your sister ...it's almost Heaven! ...

Old 02-11-2017, 10:59 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You asked if I saw it as a part of the war on coal. I said I didn't see it as any war on coal. We ask all energy producers to do as little damage as possible and to reclaim any areas they use.

There is also a good bit of fracking in WV (when prices justify it). They also must reclaim the land they drill on. No one claims that as a "war on gas". It's simply a part of doing business.
Well my mistake then. Cleaning up your mess and being responsible for one's action is part of doing business.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:12 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
I'm sure the mortgages are dirt cheap in Antarctica too. Doesn't mean I want to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies