Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 04:39 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,075,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
French Jews 'will have to give up dual Israeli citizenship' if Marine Le Pen wins presidential election

French Jews holding dual Israeli citizenship will have to give up one of their nationalities if Marine Le Pen, the far-Right candidate, wins the presidential election this spring.

The leader of the anti-immigration Front National said she would bar French nationals from holding the citizenship of countries outside the European Union, except for Russia, which she described as part of “the Europe of nations.”

Putin strikes again!
Love the insane spin of this.

I have no idea if this is even true, but unethical reporting like this is shameful.

I suspect this race baiting will fail just like it did in the UK that called people that supported the Brexit racists.

Those on the left are becoming increasingly desperate as the people around the world turn away from their failed policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 04:47 PM

18,431 posts, read 15,184,095 times
I don't think the benefits of dual citizenship outweighs the benefits. American dual citizens have to pay taxes in the US even if they are paying taxes in another country. Also, anchor babies technically have dual citizenship. Anyone born on US soil to foreign parents is afforded dual citizenship in the US and whatever country their parents are from. It would be a good thing if we stopped this as well.

Also, I especially don't see the benefit of dual citizenship for Jews in France. If they ever decide to leave, they will be given automatic citizenship in Israel anyway, so why the need for both at the same time?

Old 02-10-2017, 04:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
French Jews 'will have to give up dual Israeli citizenship' if Marine Le Pen wins presidential election

French Jews holding dual Israeli citizenship will have to give up one of their nationalities if Marine Le Pen, the far-Right candidate, wins the presidential election this spring.

The leader of the anti-immigration Front National said she would bar French nationals from holding the citizenship of countries outside the European Union, except for Russia, which she described as part of “the Europe of nations.”

Putin strikes again!
This is not her daddy's National Front Party.

Interestingly, her positions on social issues would be viewed as left- far left in the US, including but not limited to SSM, unconditional state funded abortions, Universal Healthcare ( France is ranked the top healthcare system in the world), free university education and pensions.

The link seems to go out of the way to create a perception that those with dual French- Israeli citizenship are somehow different than all other dual French and non- European citizenships. Was this the publication's attempt to portray her as an anti Semite?

Old 02-10-2017, 05:03 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,791,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This is not her daddy's National Front Party.

Interestingly, her positions on social issues would be viewed as left- far left in the US, including but not limited to SSM, unconditional state funded abortions, Universal Healthcare ( France is ranked the top healthcare system in the world), free university education and pensions.

The link seems to go out of the way to create a perception that those with dual French- Israeli citizenship are somehow different than all other dual French and non- European citizenships. Was this the publication's attempt to portray her as an anti Semite?
French Jewish dilemma: Will it be kosher to vote for Marine Le Pen? - Diaspora - Jerusalem Post

Old 02-10-2017, 05:14 PM

27,534 posts, read 16,018,410 times
I'll be rooting for lePen, no matter how lefty commies spin it

Old 02-10-2017, 05:21 PM

10,149 posts, read 15,844,193 times
I don't think dual citizenship should be allowed by the US either. I thought when someone becomes a US citizen they renounce their other citizenship and loyalty.

But with French Jews, though, the majority of anti-Semitic hate crimes in France are committed by Muslim and Arab immigrants.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:27 PM

18,431 posts, read 15,184,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I'll be rooting for lePen, no matter how lefty commies spin it
From what I have read, so will most French Jews. Even if they don't say it publicly. I believe most of them would prefer to stay in France assuming it is safe for them. lePen will rein in the out of control anti Semitic Muslims in France. In the end, I think that is more desirable for them than dual citizenship.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:33 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,929,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I don't think dual citizenship should be allowed by the US either. I thought when someone becomes a US citizen they renounce their other citizenship and loyalty.

But with French Jews, though, the majority of anti-Semitic hate crimes in France are committed by Muslim and Arab immigrants.
What about those born with two citizenships?

Old 02-10-2017, 06:32 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,641,661 times
Quote:

Putin strikes again!
I'm a little surprised that Israeli passports are mentioned and not any other nationality. In another European country only people from Marocco can have double citizenship unless you have lived in another country for 5 years prior to reaching the age of 18.

To me that is discrimination. The same counts for France if that's the case.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:48 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't think the benefits of dual citizenship outweighs the benefits. American dual citizens have to pay taxes in the US even if they are paying taxes in another country. Also, anchor babies technically have dual citizenship. Anyone born on US soil to foreign parents is afforded dual citizenship in the US and whatever country their parents are from. It would be a good thing if we stopped this as well.

Also, I especially don't see the benefit of dual citizenship for Jews in France. If they ever decide to leave, they will be given automatic citizenship in Israel anyway, so why the need for both at the same time?
It's the other way around. France is their safety net if things don't work out in Israel for some reason. Why Le Pen chose Israel/Jews and not all dual national is the bigger question that needs to be answered. Her statement of “Israel isn’t a member of the European Union, and doesn’t consider itself as such, and therefore a dual French-Israeli citizenship will not be allowed." is a bit odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies