Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would liberals have had the same reaction to other GOP candidates like they did for Trump?
Yes 47 35.07%
No 87 64.93%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 05:51 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,582,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think you are right. But, I was talking credentials, not platform.

She should have stayed firmly center.

I wish one of the other Rs HAD been the nominee. I'd be mostly fine with any of them.
Yes, Ma'am I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 05:52 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
I don't think we would see this kind of behavior if it was any other candidate. These protests are about Trump, and Trump alone.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:53 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,823,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Sigh. It's good that you are thinking and that you have theories but no, people are not "crying" about Hillary. People did not WANT Hillary. People had no one to vote for. People only voted for Hillary because they thought Trump was crazy.
Everywhere I saw "#imstillwithher" and people who were giving death threats to electors if they didn't change their votes to Hillary. At her party headquarters we saw people bawling when she didn't win.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:53 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,267,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
That's the excuse liberals try to use, but even before he announced Palin, the left was screaming "he's going to be Bush part 2!!" They insulted him left and right.

of course......its like blaming Kaine for Hillary's lost......while ignoring that Obama has hurt the party, under Obama:

Democrats lost the House
Democrats lost the Senate
Democrats lost the majority of the governorship of the nation
Democrats lost the majority of the state legislative branches
Demcorats lost the W.H.

if that happens to the Republican party, it has to do a lot more than a VP pick like Palin.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:54 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,823,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Anywho, the problem with McCain was his VP pick. Sarah Palin was horrible
Oh please, people were hating on McCain before they even knew who Palin was.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:55 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I don't care if she was part of the 12 apostles....her political opinions are not GOLD.......and not every activist's opinions are gold.

John Lewis was an activist and not every political opinion he makes is gold......we have the right to question them.

just because they march in the 60's doesn't make them beyond challenge their politics.
I never said you should not or could not question ANYONE.

Of course you can. But, so can everyone else.

America is beautiful that way.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:58 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Mccain was sunk by his policies of more war.....the economy that crashed and W BUSH not being popular......its hard for a party to win the W.H. for the 3rd time when the approval ratings are low........the Republicans lost congress 2 years prior and it had nothing to do with Palin.....people wanted a new direction.

Just like 8 years of Obama....democrats lost the house, senate and the majority of the governorship and state legislative branches of the country and now the W.H......its a lot more than just a VP pick.
Palin.

I promise you. I know dozens of Independents who flipped to Obama once he picked Caribou Barbie.

There were SO many intelligent, poised Republican women he could have chosen. Ugh.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:59 PM

1,896 posts, read 810,911 times
Quote:
I say yes. Even if someone as moderate as Bush or Kasich won, the snowflakes would have had the same reaction. They would have claimed they are against women because they are pro-life, they would have claimed they hate Muslims, gays, the poor, minorities, etc. I saw gay people and the gay lovers all over Facebook acting legit terrified that their rights were about to be taken away when Trump was elected, even though Trump is the most socially liberal when it comes to gays out of all the republican candidates this last election.

So yes, I think we would have practically seen the same reaction, and we would have seen the same "safe spaces" at college campuses with play-doh, therapy dogs, hot cocoa, and coloring books.

There would have also been riots and "protests" in the streets. And private property destroyed.

It would all be because of a personal bias of having an "R" next to those candidates names.
Absolutely not. They would not be putting forth divisive policies and these are men with class and respect for this country.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:00 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,267,873 times
Quote:

OF COURSE!!!! the left hated his foreign policy.....he wasn't for obamacare....he is for lower taxes....and to privatize Social Security.....opposes raising the min wage.....wants conservative judges on the courts and the list is long......you think the left was on board with him and Palin as VP was the deal breaker?

Old 02-10-2017, 06:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times
Quote:
False. Not true. McCain was one of the Republicans I actually admired. He was an honorable maverick who would break with the crowd. He made a bold attempt at campaign finance reforms. He was screwed over by Karl Rove with dirty tricks when he was in the primaries against Bush. I considered voting for him.

Palin was his downfall--his Achilles Heel. He did not vet her properly and just accepted Steve Schmidt's recommendation. The Palin pick just about destroyed Schmidt's career.

She sunk McCain--Republicans couldn't stomach her idiocy. She was (and is) toxic. I truly admire and respect Nicole Wallace. Wallace quit the McCain campaign because she has integrity and brains and could not take working with Palin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies