Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2017, 01:28 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I have sponsored refugees with my own money. It's not to make myself feel better. I do think it is very challenging that their culture is very different from ours. That said turning our backs is not the answer. I went to school and became friends with many people from Yemen, Syria and Jordan.
Yeah. I believe you.

Turning out back is the answer because 1) they want us beheaded literally and 2) we are $19 trillion in debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am sure they are great people.

My childhood friends (two of them) have been killed by savages in Iraq. When I was a student in a foreign country, my friend saved all his money and visited me. His random act of kindness made me feel I was never alone.

He was killed, when he served in the Marine Corps, at age of 23. When my brother was serving, I asked all my friends to pray for him because I wanted my brother to live, I didn't want him to die. The pain is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy!!!!!

We are all who we are through experiences. I have to tell myself every single day that I cannot use my personal experience to judge an entire group. Doing so is not fair.

Nobody is saying ALL Muslims are bad; I won't even say every Muslim in war torn countries hate the Americans, but many of them do hate Americans and they perhaps have a reason to.

Once again the media is on the prowl. They say Trump is blocking people from mostly Muslim areas. The fact is they are areas strongly associated with terror activity. (In my opinion, it shouldn't be just 7 countries, it should be at least 25) That sure sound a lot different.
They don't hate America per se, but they do believe gay people and anyone having sex outside of the marriage should be beheades.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Why is it so hard for some people to understand that terrorists have infiltrated the refugee population in Europe - and that these same refugee/terrorists have perpetrated acts of destruction and murder against those who embraced them and welcomed them into their European nations?

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that ISIS has promised - promised - that some of their operatives will infiltrate the refugee population that enters the United States?

Why is it so hard to understand that we already have our own domestic issues with violence and destruction (whether associated with ISIS or not) and do not need to import more?
It's not very hard if you shudder and shake at the words of weak people. You are still probably worrying about Nikita stomping the table and saying he will bury us....

Also. you seem to make the mistakes of most "conservatives" in looking at the world as black/white yes/no. We ARE doing a number of the things you make reference to - helping set up and protect refugee camps elsewhere, etc.

The total number of dead, wounded and displaces middle easterners as almost a DIRECT result of our actions and policies - are well in excess of 10 million. The US had agreed on something like 5% of those (50,000) coming here.

I guess if we are on the questions of "why" we could add:

1. Why is Trump likely to send more americans to die and destabilize the middle east even furthers?
2. Why do we lie and then break things - and then try to take as little responsibility as possible for fixing them?
3. Why are we so scared of these people? You act as if the reason is because they "claimed" they want to com get us. If that's the way we are going to run our country, we might as well give up now. The richest and mightiest country in the world reacting to tweets and PR from a handful of PR Fundies with a death wish.

There are things to be scaed of. These are not those.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:47 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I feel sorry for you and others that feel as you do.
So...how many refugees have you taken into your home and are feeding, clothing and sheltering?

Old 02-12-2017, 02:52 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It's not very hard if you shudder and shake at the words of weak people. You are still probably worrying about Nikita stomping the table and saying he will bury us....

Also. you seem to make the mistakes of most "conservatives" in looking at the world as black/white yes/no. We ARE doing a number of the things you make reference to - helping set up and protect refugee camps elsewhere, etc.

The total number of dead, wounded and displaces middle easterners as almost a DIRECT result of our actions and policies - are well in excess of 10 million. The US had agreed on something like 5% of those (50,000) coming here.

I guess if we are on the questions of "why" we could add:

1. Why is Trump likely to send more americans to die and destabilize the middle east even furthers?
2. Why do we lie and then break things - and then try to take as little responsibility as possible for fixing them?
3. Why are we so scared of these people? You act as if the reason is because they "claimed" they want to com get us. If that's the way we are going to run our country, we might as well give up now. The richest and mightiest country in the world reacting to tweets and PR from a handful of PR Fundies with a death wish.

There are things to be scaed of. These are not those.
So...in your convoluted thinking "weak people" are the ones who are warning about ISIS infiltrating the refugee groups? Never mind that when the Syrian government collapsed the passport offices were broken into and there are lots of fake Syrian passports out there and no real way of knowing which ones are legitimate and which ones are fake.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:17 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...in your convoluted thinking "weak people" are the ones who are warning about ISIS infiltrating the refugee groups? Never mind that when the Syrian government collapsed the passport offices were broken into and there are lots of fake Syrian passports out there and no real way of knowing which ones are legitimate and which ones are fake.
It's a good thing that Syrians refugees are not accepted based just on their passports.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:03 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Yeah. I believe you.

Turning out back is the answer because 1) they want us beheaded literally and 2) we are $19 trillion in debt.
Talk about paranoia....

Read some stories from real people.

Humans of New York

Old 02-12-2017, 04:16 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
That is what the refugees are doing. Think back to Nazi Germany when we closed our doors and refused to help. Or back to when slavery was legal and the Underground Railroad helped slaves to freedom.

Who would you have been? Someone who shut the door and turn a blind eye? Or would you help? We should be learning from his, not repeating it.

There is already a long vetting process in place. It is not easy to get in.

So....if the conditions in these countries are good enough to allow refugees to wait out a long vetting process, two years so they say.....

Why do they need to come here at all?

Old 02-12-2017, 04:26 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Talk about paranoia....

Humans of New York
Oh, it was paranoia? I thought it was supposed to be satire. I laughed

How do these people survive? Do they go to their office eyeballing the Muslim in the next cube in fear that he or she is going to whip out a machete and whack off their head?

Old 02-12-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Talk about paranoia....

Humans of New York
Paranoia?

Which part is paranoia? The beheading or the $19 trillion debt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies