Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2017, 04:15 PM

76 posts, read 21,765 times

Advertisements

Medically being intersex disqualifies you from being transgender? I see this from both side? Like those who claim to be more progressive and those who claim to be more conservative. But I don't get how the two get put together? I'm an intersex person myself but I don't identify as transgender. To me I thought transgender was transitioning from one sex to another. While being intersex is being both sexes and you can choose which gender to live as. Ive been told by right wingers I'm just like transgender people because I look female but identify as a man but am genetically male and female I have an xxy karyotype and have always thought of myself as a man not really a woman. And those who claim to be more progressive act like intersex is under the same umbrella as transgender even though its not about an identity you don't physically possess its about have a a condition or conditions that make you possess characteristics of both sexes. Male and female. Not male to female. So how can these two terms coexist? Or not?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8135650
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 04:42 PM

I think its in part for the left that the those who are close to the t community might want to align with intersex people for their own gain? While I notice more of the ignorant side to right winger may not know what the term means? Idk. That's why I'm askin' the question lol its just I guess a theory.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:23 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,756 times
"You've entered another dimension. A dimension of not only sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight zone" Rod Serling

p.s. i know exactly what the term means

Old 02-10-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
"You've entered another dimension. A dimension of not only sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight zone" Rod Serling

p.s. i know exactly what the term means
OK then why do people pyt the two definitions together?

Old 02-10-2017, 05:32 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
I'm with you, Joe. I don't see how someone like yourself or the runner Caster Semenya who was born with anatomy that is both male and female, has much in common with someone like Bruce Jenner, who is a man with mental disorder that makes him think he is a woman.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:50 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1994 View Post
OK then why do people pyt the two definitions together?
..i haven't a clue, joe...you might have better luck posting in the psychology forum...after all, it's not political and hardly controversial...all we cretans do here is throw stones at each other...

Old 02-10-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I'm with you, Joe. I don't see how someone like yourself or the runner Caster Semenya who was born with anatomy that is both male and female, has much in common with someone like Bruce Jenner, who is a man with mental disorder that makes him think he is a woman.
Well I wasn't just talking about those who were born with ambiguous genitalia. I'm talking about intersex people. Like people women with swyer syndrome or androgen insensitivity syndrome completely. These people have xy karyotype but they are born with female genitalia. In most situation these people identify as female but some identify as male. And I think that that might be why some say these people are transgender? Like Erik schinegger is considered transgender and intersex even though he was born both sexes to the point that he couldn't compete as a woman.

Last edited by Joe1994; 02-10-2017 at 06:29 PM..

Old 02-10-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
..i haven't a clue, joe...you might have better luck posting in the psychology forum...after all, it's not political and hardly controversial...all we cretans do here is throw stones at each other...
Well I thought it did have to do with the lgbt community specifically the transgender community on how intersex people seem to be i including by some people. I am just wondering why I mean even if someone chooses to live a different gender if theyre both gender I don't see how theyre trans. That's why I put it in the political section

Old 02-10-2017, 06:27 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
You do you and I'll do me. We'll all happily not worry about non issues.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Like sometimes an intersex condition isn't exactly visible. Most of the time it isn't. With like klinefleter's syndrome these people may look male but still on the gentical level be both male and female. I was a lot like this myself I have the same karyotype xxy. And born with female phenotype. I didn't know until I was 22. But like I said whether one knows or not or whatever the way they may be intersex I just don't think really transgender the definition can include it on all technical senses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies