Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 12:25 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Trump is obviously narcissistic just like most successful business people. It is critical that we have a confident and strong leader and Trump has proven that he will be a confident and strong leader. I really don't care about his personal traits and psychological profiles, who cares since he will meet the needs of our country.
I would say that Trump has at least sub-clinical NPD even relative to other businesspeople. Most businesspeople don't insist that any losses or unfavorable outcomes are due to the system being "rigged". Nor do they talk like they can negotiate deals by convincing anyone to do anything they want "We'll make Mexico pay for the wall!"

Nonetheless I'd say Trump's NPD is likely sub-clinical from what I can tell, because he doesn't seem to be pathologically envious in the way people normally do with clinical NPD. Nor does he assume that he can only be recognized by other high-status individuals - he thinks he can be recognized by the public.

I am not a psychologist.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:21 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
The great imperial community organizer is finally gone but sadly his disturbing behavior seems to be at the heart of the anti-Trump protesters which will harm the country. Draining the swamp isn't a disorder but an understanding of the long needed leadership in the U.S. The street thugs we see who hate Trump are just the legacy of Chicago style behavior.
You're exactly right, only the swamp that needs draining is Trump and his cronies, and America is finally realizing it as we speak. Flynn is being thrown under the bus in a scandal which is probably administration wide. Trump and probably others knew about these talks with Russia for at least 17 days and only forced Flynn out after it became clear he couldn't keep this scandal quiet without being labeled an accessory, something that will probably happen anyway. This entire administration is rotten to the core. I am dumbfounded how anyone can continue to defend such obscene breeches in ethical standards as we have already seen in these people, less than one month into Trump's presidency.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:25 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Maybe if you stopped listening to the MSM and Far Left news outlets, you'd get the truth. He's not as unpopular as they're making him out to be.
I realize Trump has fervent admirers. But, yes, he is unpopular. Very.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:25 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,036,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
In my opinion is the Anglo version of Hugo Chavez, former president of Venezuela.

Absolutely ego maniac and self-absorted. Behaves like the whole thing is a show where he is the main and only character. Like and adult with the mind of an spolied child.

Scary.

Thoughts?
Let me guess.... you don't want to turn this into a political discussion. Am I right?

That what the other 99 people who started Trump threads in the psych forum said anyway lol.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:06 PM

217 posts, read 371,752 times
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/831535472992145411

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/opinion/mental-health-professionals-warn-about-trump.html?mc=aud_dev&mcid=tw-nytimes&mccr=FebruaryTweetPromotion&mcdt=2017-02&subid=FebruaryTweetPromotion&ad-keywords=AudDevGate

Mental Health Professionals Warn About Trump

FEB. 13, 2017

To the Editor:
Charles M. Blow (column, nytimes.com, Feb. 9) describes Donald Trump’s constant need “to grind the opposition underfoot.” As mental health professionals, we share Mr. Blow’s concern.

Silence from the country’s mental health organizations has been due to a self-imposed dictum about evaluating public figures (the American Psychiatric Association’s 1973 Goldwater Rule). But this silence has resulted in a failure to lend our expertise to worried journalists and members of Congress at this critical time. We fear that too much is at stake to be silent any longer.

Mr. Trump’s speech and actions demonstrate an inability to tolerate views different from his own, leading to rage reactions. His words and behavior suggest a profound inability to empathize. Individuals with these traits distort reality to suit their psychological state, attacking facts and those who convey them (journalists, scientists).

In a powerful leader, these attacks are likely to increase, as his personal myth of greatness appears to be confirmed. We believe that the grave emotional instability indicated by Mr. Trump’s speech and actions makes him incapable of serving safely as president.

LANCE DODES
JOSEPH SCHACHTER
Beverly Hills, Calif.

Dr. Dodes is a retired assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Schachter is a former chairman of the Committee on Research Proposals, International Psychoanalytic Association.The letter was also signed by 33 other psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers.

Last edited by pattybee; 02-14-2017 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: spacing

Old 02-15-2017, 03:05 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
How about some astrological input as well, as Astrology and Psychology are, essentially, one and the same, except one speaks English, the other Chinese.

He's a Gemini, dubbed the Eternal Teenager, so is Pence, and he's got those Leo (sign of the Divine Child) placements. With a Leo Ascendant expect Baldness, and with Leo being the sign of the Lion, they'll spend whatever it take to have a mane, with him, hair transplants. Leo is the sign of the President, the King, the Dictator, and Leo placements gives any candidate star power, and, unfortunately, voters are stuck on candidates with star power. And/or charisma! Bill Clinton, Obama, both Leo Sun signs, and even GW Bush had his Leo placements, as well as Pence and Steve Bannon!

His thin-skin comes from his Cancerian placements: Mercury and Venus. And with Venus in Cancer he's going to be drawn to women who are stacked. And Leo like to be super proud of their mate, their looks.

Moon in Sagittarius/Sun in Gemini are mutable placements, changeable as the next wind that blows through his head. He can suddenly change his mind quicker than you can turn your head.

He has no earth in his chart, his feet are not on the ground, and when you're not grounded you're going to attract someone who has their feet on the ground, or feet encased in cement. That's his earthbound wife Melania, 3 placements in Taurus with Capricorn moon.

And he's surrounded himself, largely, with no choice really, with super-grounded people. Kellyanne, Jared, his 2 sons, all top or secret advisors, are all Capricorns.

Count on it, this egomaniac will never be impeached! With his ego, as tall as any Trump Tower, the minute he even senses there's a remote possibility of him being impeached, he'll storm out of that White House one day, yelling: I quit! I quit! And he'll have one last lie to tell, perhaps? Melania threatened to divorce me if I didn't resign!

Trump could never be a Hitler, Ho Chi Minh or a Che Guevara! You need some Taurus placements for that, characters that wouldn't change their focus/minds with a gun to their heads! If any of these characters made a promise, like build a wall, consider it done!

Old 02-15-2017, 05:13 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,036,305 times
How about a psychological profile of liberals as well....

Sorry for the interruption... Back to the daily Trump meltdown now.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:42 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
I think as the negative input to Trump grows and he no longer has his base chanting for him at rallies, his sense of being superior will erode. This will make him feel insecure and then angry and he will implode. The question then is will he simply quit the job of being President or do something really crazy to show he's in control, like bomb North Korea. This phase of him will be the most dangerous time for our country.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:39 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
I would say that Trump has at least sub-clinical NPD even relative to other businesspeople. Most businesspeople don't insist that any losses or unfavorable outcomes are due to the system being "rigged". Nor do they talk like they can negotiate deals by convincing anyone to do anything they want "We'll make Mexico pay for the wall!"

Nonetheless I'd say Trump's NPD is likely sub-clinical from what I can tell, because he doesn't seem to be pathologically envious in the way people normally do with clinical NPD. Nor does he assume that he can only be recognized by other high-status individuals - he thinks he can be recognized by the public.

I am not a psychologist.
I respectfully disagree. I believe he has full blown narcissistic personality disorder and meets the clinical criteria of the DSM. It does affect his life in a negative way. He's a very insecure, egotistical, vulnerable to criticism or flattery, unhappy person. He has no true self esteem because he would not feel the need to brag and constantly seek admiration, and validation if he had healthy boundaries.

He rarely laughs or smiles ( genuinely ). I do not believe that he is an evil man, but I believe he is a very unhappy man. His presidency troubles me because I'm afraid his condition leaves him quite vulnerable to manipulation by people with bad intentions ( while I do not think he, himself has bad intentions.)

I'm not a psychologist either, but I've been involved with mental health for a long time.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:54 AM

530 posts, read 358,310 times
BBC just put this on their website a few minutes back:
Trump's mental health debate: What is it about? - BBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies