Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 09:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
The Liberals think that they are working with the same kind of Sheriff they had the last 8 years. Now they are finding out it ain't so. Trumps smart, I would say a new EO make bout on Monday or Tuesday. He isn't going to let the old one tie him up until its settled. This "Ploy" by the Courts to stall and gain more Judges, so the "Three" don't look like Jackarses, isn't going to work. More victims of the Trump Train. The Train is still in a learning curve, and after enough attacks, it will be "Bullet Proof."
Are you living in a comic book or video game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 09:18 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Yeah, yeah, yeah. He's losing so much, he's going to get sick of losing.

Even if he gets one of his bans through, he's going to face miles of protests and opposition. Losing cause all around.

"...So-called judges’ trump Trump..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.207b80ad3c1d

Old 02-10-2017, 09:19 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
I don't understand the conflicts here. We went through the process, Trump decided rather than continue to drag this through the courts he would follow the directions of the courts and issue a different EO.

Personally I would prefer they address this in Congress as opposed to EO's but it seems to me that overall the system is working here.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:24 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't understand the conflicts here. We went through the process, Trump decided rather than continue to drag this through the courts he would follow the directions of the courts and issue a different EO.

Personally I would prefer they address this in Congress as opposed to EO's but it seems to me that overall the system is working here.
Correct, however, it's been said his new EO will likely face the same problems and be taken to court as well, since he's on record and has been argued in court that his intention has always been a Muslim ban. Passing a new EO will not remove his already recorded intentions, and he's not going to be able to convince a judge, "Trust me, this time I promise this isn't intended to ban Muslims, just bad dudes!"

Won't fly with a judge. He's going to need to work with Congress to make this happen.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:37 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,213 times
Quote:

Apparently, trying again after you don't get what you want the first time is some kind of genius level, 4-D chess that liberals just can't understand

Old 02-11-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Correct, however, it's been said his new EO will likely face the same problems and be taken to court as well, since he's on record and has been argued in court that his intention has always been a Muslim ban. Passing a new EO will not remove his already recorded intentions, and he's not going to be able to convince a judge, "Trust me, this time I promise this isn't intended to ban Muslims, just bad dudes!"

Won't fly with a judge. He's going to need to work with Congress to make this happen.
No he isn't. I'm not a Trump supporter but if he is patient enough to let this play out he will win. I agree that his best choice is to make whatever it he wants a law BUT someone is going to challenge that also and he is going to have to take the process through the courts anyway but then it will be more permanent.

I don't support Trump's shotgun approach but he will win the argument. I've done this 3-4 times now and no one has ever addressed it and why he will not win this argument.

"Tamerlan Tsarnaev was traveling back and forth from the USA to known terrorists supporting countries. No one ever questioned that. No one spent any time checking his actions out. We know the results of those inactions. As president the number one requirement is to protect the safety of the country. I do not know where people are coming and going to. We must know. I placed this ban until we can devise a system to track where people are going and coming from so that we are less likely to have another attack like we had in Boston".

I believe this entire thing has been overblown. That there are far, far, far better things we can do to stop people from retribution. I am against things like the Patriot Act and the TSA. Trump will win the above argument though.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
Apparently, trying again after you don't get what you want the first time is some kind of genius level, 4-D chess that liberals just can't understand
If he pursues it he will get what he wants. People dismissed him and dismissed him but what happened? He is president. Those that take your viewpoint are only going to make it worse.

If the (D)'s were bright (And they aren't or we wouldn't have Trump as president) they would go to him and say "let's slow down and work something out in Congress" and actually do it.

If the only counter is thinking he is stupid and doubting him things are not going to get better. The (D)'s got their asses kicked by saying "vote for us, we aren't Trump". People aren't interested in that. Trump said "vote for me because I am going to do this and this".

People are tired of politicians. If president Obama had been the person candidate Obama said he would be we would not have Trump. If President Trump does the things candidate Trump said he would, and he can, he is going to be very popular.

People slam Trump but many of his campaign promises were exactly the same ones Obama made.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:23 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah. He's losing so much, he's going to get sick of losing.

Even if he gets one of his bans through, he's going to face miles of protests and opposition. Losing cause all around.

"...So-called judges’ trump Trump..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.207b80ad3c1d

Ya know, they ACTUALLY see what the court did as giving in to Trump !!!!!!! They think Trump somehow won !

Reality check here !!!!!!! Trump wrote up an EO, and the court stopped it, and another court refused Donald Trump's request to overturn that ruling. How the Hell is that Trump winning ??? Trump got his butt handed to him and is being forced to rewrite the EO in the hopes this one will stand. You can bet this one will be challenged too.

If you guys see this as winning, you must really live in some alternative universe. You really can't believe this **** , can you ??

Old 02-11-2017, 06:51 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
there won't be a vote. president Trump is just gonna make another one. it certainly is interesting, however.
Well, if he 'makes' a new EO, that means he LOST.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:55 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:

He decided to do that because he knew his current EO was a loser. You want to talk about snowflakes? Sir Donald's ego cannot handle being told no so he decided to write another EO rather than face another rejection of the current version.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies