Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 03:22 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Angela Merkel offers cash handouts for migrants to leave | Daily Mail Online

Wow...What a surprise!

The very fact this disgusting piece of vile commie filth has managed to stay in power so long is insane. But for all of those, especially women that have suffered due to her actions I hope when she dies she gets a seat next to Satan himself as his new play toy for all the suffering she has caused!
The Netherlands is doing the same for a while now. The media is not much reporting on that and the Dutch people aren't saying much as at this point in time they are just happy to see them going back.

Some enter and go back with money to start a business back home paid by the Dutch tax payers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 03:59 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,551,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Angela Merkel offers cash handouts for migrants to leave | Daily Mail Online

Wow...What a surprise!

The very fact this disgusting piece of vile commie filth has managed to stay in power so long is insane. But for all of those, especially women that have suffered due to her actions I hope when she dies she gets a seat next to Satan himself as his new play toy for all the suffering she has caused!
There you go again: the woman who complains about how "mean" women are to other women: front-and-center with your name-calling. Merkel was mistaken when she let all those people into the country; she now realizes it and is trying to correct it. How does this make her "vile commie filth"?

Old 02-12-2017, 04:22 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,730,895 times
Yet another failure at multiculturalism and globalism. Truth is, no every culture is conducive with every other culture. Predominantly Muslim nations have an ingrained culture of Muslim privilege, overwhelming male dominance, female subservience, second class status for women and all non-Muslims and basing core government policy off of Muslim religious dogma. There were moments in time where nations like Iran and Afghanistan looked like they would leave all that nonsense behind them. It didn't take long for religious zealots to topple any government moving toward separation of church and state and they always seem to end up with governments that are oppressively theocratic in the end. That recurring theme doesn't happen just by bad luck. It's part of the culture of the Islamic Middle and Near East and has been for centuries.

That is the culture that Europe was inviting in without a second thought. I feel sorry for the innocents who have been hurt by these careless policies. The Muslim community is leaving their European hosts with little choice. There's going to be a rather massive wave of public backlash demanding that Muslim refugees be sent back where they came from. There will probably be a lot of pressure for legal resident Muslims to either assimilate into European culture or leave as well. Yet another case where liberal idealism fails to see reality right in front of their face -- and people getting hurt as a result.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:19 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,278,385 times
Why does everyone always blame Merkel? It's not like she can decide anything by herself, she is backed by the German parliament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Do you know that all references to the Third Reich and the Holocaust are legally banned in Germany? In fact you can't even say or spell the word Reich.
Nonsense. Only glorifying the Holocaust is illegal. You can talk about it all day long if you feel like it and Reich is a normal German word in everyday use.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:33 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,551,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Yet another failure at multiculturalism and globalism. Truth is, no every culture is conducive with every other culture. Predominantly Muslim nations have an ingrained culture of Muslim privilege, overwhelming male dominance, female subservience, second class status for women and all non-Muslims and basing core government policy off of Muslim religious dogma. There were moments in time where nations like Iran and Afghanistan looked like they would leave all that nonsense behind them. It didn't take long for religious zealots to topple any government moving toward separation of church and state and they always seem to end up with governments that are oppressively theocratic in the end. That recurring theme doesn't happen just by bad luck. It's part of the culture of the Islamic Middle and Near East and has been for centuries.

That is the culture that Europe was inviting in without a second thought. I feel sorry for the innocents who have been hurt by these careless policies. The Muslim community is leaving their European hosts with little choice. There's going to be a rather massive wave of public backlash demanding that Muslim refugees be sent back where they came from. There will probably be a lot of pressure for legal resident Muslims to either assimilate into European culture or leave as well. Yet another case where liberal idealism fails to see reality right in front of their face -- and people getting hurt as a result.
I half-agree with you. The problem with liberals, too often, is that they think in the abstract, rather than the concrete. It doesn't make them bad or stupid people; in fact, they are generally thoughtful, wonderful people (and thus don't deserve the contempt and hate that the right wing incessantly flings at them). That said, it's also true that most Muslims who have immigrated to the U.S. have managed to assimilate, while also adhering to their culture, thus following the trajectory of most immigrants throughout American history. It is not fair, therefore, to ban all Muslims, even if I agree that the vetting process for these people must be exceedingly thorough (which the Europeans have not done, and hence their problems today). It's also true, however, that the new breed of conservatives also dwell too often in the abstract, which unfortunately, in their case, makes them exceedingly vulnerable to mindless, jingoistic off-with-their-heads! rhetoric, across the board, which they too quickly absorb, and turns into a mob mentality that brooks no dissent. Yet, there are also still many conservatives of the rational kind who understand the problems across the spectrum of political ideology, and are capable of exercising a thoughtful, critical assessment of both liberalism and conservativism. Sometimes, it's difficult to discern where one's political loyalties lie, and this--in my opinion--is a good thing. For example, all of my friends are standard "liberals" (while my family is dyed-in-the-wool "conservative"). They simply cannot process the fact that: 1) I reservedly support capital punishment (when a newborn infant is subjected to 5 months of physical torture and sexual abuse by her family members, as happened in New Mexico a few years ago, until her little body gives out, I'm thinking: "Line 'em up, and take 'em out. I got no problem with that at all, sorry." 2) I support legal abortion, but reject that it's simply a question of a "woman's right"; considerably deeper moral and ethical considerations are involved here. 3) I was adamantly against the TPP, and as adamantly against globalization (the latter of which they bizarrely, in my view, think of as some kind of kumbaya exercise in "multiculturalism"). So I'm kind of suspect by both my liberal friends and my conservative family. Overall, I'd say I'm generally left of liberal, which--in my mind--means that I have little patience for rigid political ideologies of any stripe.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Pay them???

Germany knew how to deal with unwanted people once upon a time.
I'm sorry but I HOPE you are not referring to what you seem to be..... If you are then that is a VILE and disgusting reference. If not, please explain further...

Old 02-12-2017, 08:14 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,092,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Do you know that all references to the Third Reich and the Holocaust are legally banned in Germany? In fact you can't even say or spell the word Reich. They really are trying to move on from that ugliness
Do you have a source for this assertion?

I think it's just something you made up.

https://www.thelocal.de/20161019/how...istory-germans

Old 02-12-2017, 08:19 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Pay them???

Germany knew how to deal with unwanted people once upon a time.

I thought people like you only existed in parodies... I should have known better.

As for the issue, they don't have to pay migrants. They can just force deportation. I'd say if they want to use money to help migrants, set up a camp outside of Germany. Send the German military to defend it and send supplies their as needed. As the international community for help and other countries can join and and set up similar camps. Then the humanitarian problem of keeping refugees safe is addressed, as well as any concerns with border security (naturally these camps should have security, though ISIS would get less "good" publicity if they attacked the camp).

Also, OP, if you think Angela Merkel is a "commie," it's becasue you're lack the capacity to read to find out what a commie actually is. Just so you know where I'm coming from, I have similar feelings about those who call Donald a Nazi or a fascist.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Sadly, the biggest impact is that there was a strong polarization of political discussion (either you were pro-refugee and super-naive/stupid or you were contra-refugee and super-racist). There is nothing in between.

My family members (uncles, aunts) in Germany are perhaps the most loving people you will ever meet, they've been called racists German by pro refugee people simply because they have some concerns. Just because people have concerns, doesn't mean they are pro Hitler.

"Remember your history?" "Remember your history?" Oh, please...

Complicated issues often attract very simple answers. It is not a black/white simple issue. Nobody wants to see others dying, but how do you take care of these people who don't understand the German culture? It is not fair for the refugees, either.
Sadly the same thing is happening here. <bold> It's the last refuge of the liberal mind, accuse someone of being a racist etc in an attempt to shut down all conversation/debate and make people feel guilty.

The upside is it seems to be it is backfiring everywhere it's being done, that's why violence is now being employed by the loons (riots,looting,beatings).
People are getting real,real tired of being insulted for daring to have very real and understandable concerns about their security both physical and economic...

Old 02-12-2017, 09:50 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Do you have a source for this assertion?

I think it's just something you made up.

https://www.thelocal.de/20161019/how...istory-germans
I listen to some metal bands from Germany, and there are songs that have bleeping in them on a presumably unscensored album for this reason. And one album I have, the word Reich but with two of the letters replaced by different characters are in one of the songs

Last edited by FirebirdCamaro1220; 02-12-2017 at 10:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies