Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 11:12 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Republicans protest.

Remember when that crop of lunatics took over federal land out west with their guns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff

And let's not forget the protests against Obama, Obama-care, and basically everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw6R-kIX4fA

Here's how America peacefully responded to Obama's 2008 election | Revelist

Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters | TheHill

The far right is dependent upon fake news and people forgetting history to achieve their goals. Don't let them get away with it. They lashed out in violence and bigotry when Obama was elected, mostly because they didn't want a "black man" in office. Now, we elect Trump - a raving lunatic who fueled his campaign on bigotry - and suddenly we're all supposed to be OK with it? I don't think so.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
We protested on Tuesday following the first Monday in November. And have, every two years since 2008.

We showed up in droves, but it wasn't covered much by the media.
They found out the next day.

2018 is already scheduled.
What are you protesting?

Old 02-11-2017, 11:17 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,780,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post

Here's the thing.....

As a fiscal conservative should I be budgeting now for protest functions in the future? And what am I going to wear? A pair of black pumps that hurt my feet to march in. I don't have any T-shirts with vulgar sayings on the front. I don't own any billy-clubs nor do I know how to make a molotov cocktail. I don't look good in hats or scarfs so I can't cover my face.

And time.... oh my goodness, how do I schedule my vacation from work and family obligations to take weeks or months off and go cause destruction??? Oh.... and I can't march on Sunday's.
Quote:
Listener2307:

We protested on Tuesday following the first Monday in November. And have, every two years since 2008.

aus10 and Listener pretty much nailed it.

We're pretty busy. We're working, spending time with and providing for our families......and we choose to protest the "old fashioned" way, by voting.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Yeah, it's not like women's marches, black marches, or gay marches got anything done. Just take the last one - - I mean, gays have always had the right to marry one another, right?
Two straights can marry....did they have to march to achieve that right?
But I am confused...why did you try to put words into my mouth...I never mentioned gays.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:18 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
That's nice, but keep in mind I never said that there were no left-wing nutjobs out there. They exist, certainly.

All I said was that the "alternative facts" being spewed by Trump supporters about how "peaceful" the nation was when Obama was elected are outright lies. The far right depends upon such BS - fake news - to maintain power, and thus they must be challenged with the truth at every turn.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
That's nice, but keep in mind I never said that there were no left-wing nutjobs out there. They exist, certainly.

All I said was that the "alternative facts" being spewed by Trump supporters about how "peaceful" the nation was when Obama was elected are outright lies. The far right depends upon such BS - fake news - to maintain power, and thus they must be challenged with the truth at every turn.
But the left wing nut cases out number the right wing protesters about 1000 to one. You don't see anyone on the right stopping left wingers from speaking on college campus....free speech, seems to me, is allowed by the left only if it reflects their point of views. If is not the left runs to their safe spaces and whine that they are not treated fairly or are forced to listen to someones else point of views/opinion.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:01 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Two straights can marry....did they have to march to achieve that right?
But I am confused...why did you try to put words into my mouth...I never mentioned gays.
No, what you mentioned was that left-wing protests don't get things done. Except they have gotten tons of things done, including allowing gays to marry. And, yes, straights didn't have to march to get their rights. That's because narrow-minded bigots didn't block them (or women or blacks or . . .) from doing so.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:02 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
many protested Obama's election because he was black.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:44 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
What are you protesting?
Liberalization.

It all actually started when Democrats ran John Kerry. We didn't win much for a while, of course, but gradually it took hold. You may want to listen to "Bolero" by Maurice Ravel - that will help you understand what's happening.

Bolero starts with the plaintive wail of a wood wind instrument, all alone playing a simple melody. The rhythm sections keep time, simply acknowledging the melody.
Soon another instruments picks up the strain. Rhythm is a bit more forceful. That equates to about 2012. Not much strength yet.
By 2014, the whole orchestra has picked it up and things are beginning to rock. The audience has picked up on what's happening; toes begin to tap, heads nod in rhythm.
It builds steadily.
Finally, on Nov 8, 2016, the entire orchestra has gotten in. The drums are pounding, the horns are blaring, the strings are in sync, and the audience is on its feet roaring in approval.
The crescendo occurs on Nov 9 at 2 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-FJYdpe74A

And you thought that was just the theme from "10", didn't you?

Next we're gonna play the theme from "The Longest Day". You're gonna love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ7hYEJt2UY

Old 02-11-2017, 02:33 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
But the questions remain: Why don't conservatives protest as much? And what would inspire conservatives to protest?
It would take an egregious violation of the Constitution, especially the Bill of Rights to inspire Conservatives to riot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies