Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 07:37 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
NICE, 160 down, millions to go.
Do you have any idea what that would do to our economy...any clue at all. It would devastate our country. Have you even thought about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 07:40 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,871,284 times
Don't we need the $21 Billion WALL to KEEP them out. Seems we're wasting precious money herding cats.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:44 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You tell me. You are the one celebrating 30 deportations per day, as if that was some kind of record. There are over 18 million people in that area, and has one of the largest populations of illegals, so 30 is NOTHING.

It could be record low.
Really, you weren't embarrassed enough earlier?

Old 02-11-2017, 07:46 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Really, you weren't embarrassed enough earlier?
I am not a Trump loyalist, so I have nothing to be embarrassed about. Celebrating 30 deportations per day would be a cause for embarrassment though Pedro.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:46 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,127,286 times
Obviously they need to secure the border first before the mass deportations can begin. After they complete the fence and beef up patrols, they can fill up the trains (cattle cars) and buses with illegals, thousands per day, until the job is done. It can be done quickly and efficiently. I might suggest when they catch criminals that have re-entered the US after being deported, load them up onto a rusty old barge in New Orleans, and ship them down to Guantanamo Bay for a workout before releasing or executing them, each being judged by a military court on a case by case basis.

If you are living in an area with lots of heroin addicts, now is the time to move or start nailing down all your valuables, because when the street price for junk quadruples those hop heads are going to go crazy. If you own a house in CA, you might want to sell it, as housing prices will tumble after the state is evacuated. Take your profits now and rent, you will see some real bargains in the former bario neighborhoods by 2020.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:27 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha Ive read in several places that California is going to sue to stop the wall due to the damage it will cause the environment.

California can stop the border wall with environmental lawsuits, Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom says - LA Times

Ha ha, there are already significant walls on the CA border and CA has the shortest border of the 4 border states.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:34 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
It's all a mystery to me. Maybe someone else can help me figure it out....

I left the paper out and the page was turned to the story of how one illegal worker was caught using another persons Social Security number, and how she was delivered to Nogales and told not to come back. The paper mentioned that she had two children who were born here in the US, but since using someone else's Social Security number is a felony, the kids had to move to Mexico, too.

Like I said, I just left the paper out. No big deal, I guess.

But now I can't find the gardener.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:42 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you have any idea what that would do to our economy...any clue at all. It would devastate our country. Have you even thought about that.
I know what it would do to my families economy.We could get our construction jobs back! You will sing a different tune when they steal your job and you struggle for food.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:52 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You tell me. You are the one celebrating 30 deportations per day, as if that was some kind of record. There are over 18 million people in that area, and has one of the largest populations of illegals, so 30 is NOTHING.

It could be record low.
Do you understand the difference between deportation and arrests?

Old 02-11-2017, 08:52 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Yes, I read about one who had been arrested because his car windows were tinted too darkly. Dangerous criminals indeed, some of them!

I feel badly for the children whose parents are being taken away. No matter what you feel about the undocumented, you have to acknowledge that this is terrifying for their children.

First off they aren't "undocumented" they are illegal aliens. It doesn't matter if they are dangerous criminals or not our immigration laws state they must be deported. They are devastating to our country in many ways.

Do you also feel badly for the children of American parents who are jailed or imprisoned for their crimes? I seriously doubt that you do. Those who break the law whether they be citizens or foreigners should have thought about their children before breaking the law. It's all on them. No one should get a pass on our laws just because they have kids. At least illegals have the option of taking their kids with them when they are deported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies