Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2017, 10:15 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,742 times

Advertisements

In light of N. Korea firing another test missile, what's your take on how little Kim should be handled?

They've been warned so many times that I think more aggressive measures are needed. The practical side of me is thinking all those test missiles being fired into the ocean can't be good for ocean life and eventually one will be used against neighboring countries, accidentally or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 10:30 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Kim Jong-un deserves at least five angry tweets from Kim Jong Trump.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:34 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
I'm ok with letting them see how a nuclear bomb works, up close. BOOM! Bye fat boy.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:23 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I'm ok with letting them see how a nuclear bomb works, up close. BOOM! Bye fat boy.
Get them before they get us? It may come down to that. Those longer range missiles can reach us one day at the rate he's testing them. Trump taunting them on Twitter is only going to spur them on further. I'm wondering at what point do we say, enough is enough and go in after Kim.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:45 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Nothing. At least not yet. Threatening nuclear war, which is what you'd inevitably be doing, over a test is stupidly dangerous. Not really because NK is close to being able to fire off a long range nuclear bomb, but because China is already able to do that. China doesn't want a nuclear war anymore than any one else, but they will still, for some archaic and ridiculous reasons, defend NK from the rest of the world. If NK does indeed get a long range weapon functioning, the stakes are higher. Pissing off that man child, who makes Donald Trump seem like a dignified philosopher king, is made much less funny if he can detonate a nuke over DC or NY or LA, where millions of people could be killed almost instantaneously, and millions more as radioactive material poisons our food, water, and air.

People need to understand; the threat of nuclear annihilation didn't go away after, as some view it, Ronald Reagan killed all the Communists with the power of Jesus and freedom. It's still around and virtually unchanged, except now, there are more countries with more powerful bombs. I've heard it put this way; when you've had a gun pointed at your head long enough, you'll eventually stop noticing it's their... and when you were born with it pointed at your head, you don't even understand that it doesn't have to be there. When I hear people, some of whom are probably old enough to remember at least the final chapter of the Cold War, so callously throw around the solution of "nuking" someone, be it ISIS or NK, I can't help but think: that person is a ****ing idiot.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:43 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Nothing. At least not yet. Threatening nuclear war, which is what you'd inevitably be doing, over a test is stupidly dangerous. Not really because NK is close to being able to fire off a long range nuclear bomb, but because China is already able to do that. China doesn't want a nuclear war anymore than any one else, but they will still, for some archaic and ridiculous reasons, defend NK from the rest of the world. If NK does indeed get a long range weapon functioning, the stakes are higher. Pissing off that man child, who makes Donald Trump seem like a dignified philosopher king, is made much less funny if he can detonate a nuke over DC or NY or LA, where millions of people could be killed almost instantaneously, and millions more as radioactive material poisons our food, water, and air.

People need to understand; the threat of nuclear annihilation didn't go away after, as some view it, Ronald Reagan killed all the Communists with the power of Jesus and freedom. It's still around and virtually unchanged, except now, there are more countries with more powerful bombs. I've heard it put this way; when you've had a gun pointed at your head long enough, you'll eventually stop noticing it's their... and when you were born with it pointed at your head, you don't even understand that it doesn't have to be there. When I hear people, some of whom are probably old enough to remember at least the final chapter of the Cold War, so callously throw around the solution of "nuking" someone, be it ISIS or NK, I can't help but think: that person is a ****ing idiot.
North Korea will never attack anyone. They know they'd lose. The whole purpose of North Korea having nuclear weapons is so no one will attack them, they can receive money from foreign countries with no strings attached, and most importantly so the ruling class can remain in power. North Korea's Dangerous Invasion Bluff | RealClearDefense

China still defends NK because they do not want an American-allied unified Korea with U.S. troops within its borders on their doorstep.

Old 02-12-2017, 01:16 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
North Korea will never attack anyone. They know they'd lose. The whole purpose of North Korea having nuclear weapons is so no one will attack them, they can receive money from foreign countries with no strings attached, and most importantly so the ruling class can remain in power. North Korea's Dangerous Invasion Bluff | RealClearDefense

China still defends NK because they do not want an American-allied unified Korea with U.S. troops within its borders on their doorstep.
You don't understand.

They are not RATIONAL - they DO NOT CARE if they lose. They would love to go down as the country that caused untold harm to the US imperialists. Even if it killed ALL of their starving people. Fat Boy will of course not get cooked in the retaliation.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:19 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplosiveallegation View Post
I hope he starts a war with them so he can be impeached
sorry not grounds for impeachment. according to the law the president can wage war for 90 days before having to go to congress for continued funding. if war was a reason for impeachment, then every president since carter should have been impeached.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:37 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Rodman's little buddy can already land a nuke on my head any time he wants. So whatever you do, be sure to make it so he can't do anything back... and wait till the wind is blowing out of the east.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:42 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
You don't understand.

They are not RATIONAL - they DO NOT CARE if they lose. They would love to go down as the country that caused untold harm to the US imperialists. Even if it killed ALL of their starving people. Fat Boy will of course not get cooked in the retaliation.
North Korea is extremely rational. They just want to the rest of the world to think they're irrational as a bargaining chip. Have you wondered why they don't actually attack anyone?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/w...onal.html?_r=0

Is North Korea a Rational Actor? The Wrong and Right Questions to Ask | Sino-NK

North Korea and Nukes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies