Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2017, 10:36 PM

19,619 posts, read 22,496,269 times

Advertisements

22 year ratings high!! Woot-Hoot!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 10:41 PM

19,619 posts, read 22,496,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Which one? This guy?

That is hilarious!

Old 02-13-2017, 03:50 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,232,901 times
SNL can only be relevant during a Republican administration because they will not take the same tack against a Dem administration. I'm happy, Repubs control the House, Senate and Presidency and the Dems controlling Hollywood and NY can give us their best humorous take on it.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:57 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,687,639 times
Wondering... since trump gets so incensed over women playing the men in his administration... perhaps SNL should have a man play kelly anne.

As an aside, has anyone seen rosie as bannon? Maybe not the time yet, but as the days pass, and bannon comes out from the shadows...

And, yes, I deliberately chose the CNN link, even though there were many to choose from.

Rosie O'Donnell gives us her Steve Bannon - CNN.com

Old 02-13-2017, 04:59 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,687,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Which one? This guy?

his ankles look swollen, wonder if he has incipient heart failure, or just eats too much salt in his taco salads?

Old 02-13-2017, 06:38 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,163,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
part of the parody is on "fatal attraction" in which glenn close's character is a knife wielding homicidal maniac. i'm not bothered by the knife since i know the context but i am curious how many got the joke when the film was released 30 years ago ( before a good chunk of the target audience was born ).
They have Netflix? Just a guess.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:54 AM

14,466 posts, read 11,245,012 times
[quote=pennyone;47169331]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Last nights SNL had Alec Baldwin hosting so I tuned in expecting to see him trashing on Trump as usual but instead Melissa Maccarthy opened the show with her stupid Sean Spicer mocking. I have a sense of humour and a bit of it was funny but it went on and on to the point where it was just bashing the Trump administration as nothing but a bunch of buffoons.
The worse came in what SNL calls a digital short since it is filmed off set. It had Kate Mckinnon who I think is usually very talented and funny playing her rendition of Kellyanne Conway in a send up to the "Fatal Attraction" movie.
In the sketch, Conway is played as a deranged woman stalking the CNN anchor Jake Tapper. She breaks into his apartment and waits for him to get home. She then throws a fit and throws a knife at him once and holds one to his throat twice until he agrees to put her on his show again.

So much for promoting positive feminism.

It was so sick, stupid and not at all funny. I couldn't believe what I was watching and it went on and on.

See 'Kellyanne Conway' Go Full 'Fatal Attraction' on 'SNL' - Rolling Stone

I turned off the show after that. We all know that SNL has been struggling with trying to be funny for years now but with sketches like this that border on R rated violence it is not at all funny and sinks to a new level of sickness.

Are they that obsessed with Trump that they are willing to turn their show into one big anti Trump political statement? Have they moved that far Left?

I think they have gone way to far with their Trump bashing.[/QUO

I thought it was funny. And Conway is creepy.
I'll add to that, when Fatal Attraction came out, feminists were in a tizzy over it. The portrayal of a completely unhinged woman was sexist to them. The simple explanation was that this was an insane individual but apparently it hit too close to home.

12,601 posts, read 7,195,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
SNL can only be relevant during a Republican administration because they will not take the same tack against a Dem administration. I'm happy, Repubs control the House, Senate and Presidency and the Dems controlling Hollywood and NY can give us their best humorous take on it.

21,426 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What's that got to do with this thread? I'll leave it at that
I didn't even argue that. To him, every person inconvenienced by the travel ban was a legal permanent resident just trying to get home, so therefore if I replied to a post about the non-citizens affected by the travel ban, I must be talking about legal permanent residents. Thanks for your defense.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:55 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
I didn't realize the SNL was still a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies