Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 06:58 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I agree, but let's face it: Don and his friends provide much more top-notch comedic inspiration than any other administration of recent memory.
yep. within 48hours of the last episode airing they already have steve miller's sunday morning performances and flynn's resignation as possible skit fodder . my bet would be flynn's resignation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 07:20 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Last nights SNL had Alec Baldwin hosting so I tuned in expecting to see him trashing on Trump as usual but instead Melissa Maccarthy opened the show with her stupid Sean Spicer mocking. I have a sense of humour and a bit of it was funny but it went on and on to the point where it was just bashing the Trump administration as nothing but a bunch of buffoons.
The worse came in what SNL calls a digital short since it is filmed off set. It had Kate Mckinnon who I think is usually very talented and funny playing her rendition of Kellyanne Conway in a send up to the "Fatal Attraction" movie.
In the sketch, Conway is played as a deranged woman stalking the CNN anchor Jake Tapper. She breaks into his apartment and waits for him to get home. She then throws a fit and throws a knife at him once and holds one to his throat twice until he agrees to put her on his show again.

So much for promoting positive feminism.

It was so sick, stupid and not at all funny. I couldn't believe what I was watching and it went on and on.

See 'Kellyanne Conway' Go Full 'Fatal Attraction' on 'SNL' - Rolling Stone

I turned off the show after that. We all know that SNL has been struggling with trying to be funny for years now but with sketches like this that border on R rated violence it is not at all funny and sinks to a new level of sickness.

Are they that obsessed with Trump that they are willing to turn their show into one big anti Trump political statement? Have they moved that far Left?

I think they have gone way to far with their Trump bashing.
After their sycophantic love fest, singing "To Sir With Love" to Obama, yeah, the show is not worth watching. The cast is just using the show to vent the hatred for all things Trump.

If they thought they could get away performing a sketches each week depicting the death of a certain politician, I'm sure they'd do it, ad nauseam.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:37 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,965,362 times
They really don't have to write scripts anymore. Trump & Co. provide it all throughout the week. Look for a skit next week on the cyborg Stephen Miller and his lyin' performance over the weekend. Funny that we never see President Steve Bannon say anything in the Trump administration. I guess he's sequestered in hit tower dreaming up new ways to take down democracy.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:01 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
GOP's are making a living from slashing Obama Car, slashing children's program funding, slashing women's health care for lower income people (PP) and slashing any and every program that they come upon, including wanting to Privatize SS and Medicare, programs that help sustain millions of people in the US and you're asking if a comedy sketch went too far??? Wow, just wow.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:11 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Good grief, you crybabies can change the channel or not watch.

For all the talk about other groups needing thicker skin, y'all continually demonstrate that you have the thinnest of them all.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:50 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
I'm sure the Mar a Lago 'situation room' will be a skit!!

Old 02-14-2017, 06:23 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
GOP's are making a living from slashing Obama Car, slashing children's program funding, slashing women's health care for lower income people (PP) and slashing any and every program that they come upon, including wanting to Privatize SS and Medicare, programs that help sustain millions of people in the US and you're asking if a comedy sketch went too far??? Wow, just wow.
Great post!

Old 02-14-2017, 06:58 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Lets see, they think it's funny to portray Conway as a crazy, obsessed female. So would it have been funny to portray Obama in a grass skirt and a bone through his nose playing a weekend cannibal?
Conway is a crazy, obsessed female. Obama is not a cannibal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
The irony most likely will be lost on Trump's sheeple.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:02 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Lets see, they think it's funny to portray Conway as a crazy, obsessed female. So would it have been funny to portray Obama in a grass skirt and a bone through his nose playing a weekend cannibal?
Your point is...not...clear...

What the hell are you trying to say here?

Old 02-14-2017, 08:36 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,966,516 times
I can't wait for each new week! I mentally take note during the week and wonder how/ which skits are chosen. This week (and it's only Tuesday!) we have Miller on the weekend shows, Flynn-gate, Conway spin-talking Flynn-gate with George and Matt, Mar a Lago and Abe in plain view of anyone with a cell phone to video and voice record everything going on, a Mar a Lago member thinking he was taking a selfie with the guy carrying the nuke football, Trudeau prepared technique to avoid DJT's shoulder wrenching handshakes, Ivanka undressing Trudeau with her eyes over the conference table, Mar a Lago having applied for 60+ visas for seasonal workers (yes, immigrants working? there while we have classified documents all over the dinner table), and it's only Tuesday!

And I just watched the DVR of SNL from this week. They did an awesome skit with Elizabeth Warren..yes, there's balance.

Spicer is just funny. I laugh every day when I watch his daily news brief, seeing what SNL will choose for the show. Conway is just a "so called" professional that just makes me laugh out loud every morning on the talk shows when she spins and spins and spins and spins... She is so clueless. No wonder he gave her an office on a different floor. I can't wait to see every week.

I also commend SNL that they have left the family members alone, even the adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies