Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 04:28 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times

Advertisements

Lots of negative posts here in C-D regarding Trump. But when defenders of Trump respond to negativity, I mostly see name calling thrown the democrats/liberals way and no real reasons to contradict the negative reasons.

For those who honestly believe Trump is the right man for POTUS, and based only on what he has done since entering office versus what you think he may do in the future, why aren't you negative but instead confident we are heading for a better America?

Old 02-12-2017, 04:54 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
I voted for Trump for only 1 reason, he wasn't Obama/Hillary.

He didn't lie to me about Obama Care and the $2500 I would save, in addition to keeping my Doctor.
He didn't rescue his Corrupt AJ from Prosecution for selling guns to drug Cartels.
He didn't trade Terrorist for Deserters
He didn't have other heads of state killed in Libya, then try the same in Syria.
He didn't say we won in Iraq, then send us back.
He didn't leave us in Afghanistan after OBL was killed, which was the objective
He did not increase the number of countries we were at war with by 4 over GW Bush.
He did not have the IRS investigate his rivals
He did not have secret meeting in the White House with his Muslim Brotherhood buddies.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:12 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I voted for Trump for only 1 reason, he wasn't Obama/Hillary.

He didn't lie to me about Obama Care and the $2500 I would save, in addition to keeping my Doctor.
He didn't rescue his Corrupt AJ from Prosecution for selling guns to drug Cartels.
He didn't trade Terrorist for Deserters
He didn't have other heads of state killed in Libya, then try the same in Syria.
He didn't say we won in Iraq, then send us back.
He didn't leave us in Afghanistan after OBL was killed, which was the objective
He did not increase the number of countries we were at war with by 4 over GW Bush.
He did not have the IRS investigate his rivals
He did not have secret meeting in the White House with his Muslim Brotherhood buddies.
That's not the point. Forget Hillary as she has nothing to do with the question. Not does anything Trump said leading up to his inauguration. From the day he began POTUS to today, what has he done to make you believe he is good for America? I've read enough negative stuff and seen enough stupid name calling responses. Here just looking for real reasons based on actions.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:32 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Lots of negative posts here in C-D regarding Trump. But when defenders of Trump respond to negativity, I mostly see name calling thrown the democrats/liberals way and no real reasons to contradict the negative reasons.
hahaha name calling thrown the dems way. Open your eyes.
If you want to learn, pay attention to my posts.

Quote:
For those who honestly believe Trump is the right man for POTUS, and based only on what he has done since entering office versus what you think he may do in the future, why aren't you negative but instead confident we are heading for a better America?
He's better by default because he's not a lowlife lying scumbag like obama and hillary.
If we discuss policy that will leave the progressives out. Why in the world would those two faced pieces of garbage want to discuss policy? It would only expose them for the failures that they are.

It's always about policy. It's never, ever about the individual. No one can ever make a bad policy good.

We're still involved in the Middle East and being policemen around the world. That makes Trump and all the others preceding him as failures. No other policy will make us safer and bring economic prosperity to America than bringing the troops home.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:34 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:

So far I've seen nothing. Only that he's not a negative, so far.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:38 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Whether he is good or not is between him and God. I like law and order and having our laws enforced and protecting our citizens before being concerned about those people who have no right to be here.

Trump is not now nor will he ever be negative. He wasn't brought up that way.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:43 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Whether he is good or not is between him and God. I like law and order and having our laws enforced and protecting our citizens before being concerned about those people who have no right to be here.

Trump is not now nor will he ever be negative. He wasn't brought up that way.
What??

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ults.html?_r=0

Old 02-12-2017, 05:47 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
hahaha name calling thrown the dems way. Open your eyes.

He's better by default because he's not a lowlife lying scumbag like obama and hillary.
If we discuss policy that will leave the progressives out. Why in the world would those two faced pieces of garbage want to discuss policy? It would only expose them for the failures that they are.

It's always about policy. It's never, ever about the individual. No one can ever make a bad policy good.

We're still involved in the Middle East and being policemen around the world. That makes Trump and all the others preceding him as failures. No other policy will make us safer and bring economic prosperity to America than bringing the troops home.
Look at the bolded in your post. It looks like you are contradicting yourself about that "never about the individual" thing. You made it all about individuals who aren't even part of the topic of the thread.

Bringing the troops back home? Did he even campaign on that as a possibility?

So, what has he done that is good? I mean, other than...
- signing a really botched EO
- maligning judges (yes, he did it again)
- using his POTUS account to retweet a personal problem (no, nordstrom wasn't treating ivanka unfairly, and they really don't have to care if she is hard working if her stuff doesn't sell and has to be sold to jobbers to get rid of it)
- tweeting when he should have been paying attention to a security briefing

He's done other things, but I think this was all just this past week.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:48 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
I honestly don't know if he's the right man for the job. But I didn't think Obama was either. I gave Obama 4 years, stayed quiet about him and he proved me right. He wasn't right, and his last 4 years were a nightmare... I will give Trump the same benefit of the doubt. So far however, I agree with about only 1/2 of what he says......but at least he is trying to put us first. It's more than anyone of the rest of the political hacks would have done.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:51 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

I paid attention to your post. I learned that in a relative sense, you actually think that that Donald Trump is some sort of paragon of virtue. Then I laughed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies