Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 06:49 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
How quickly and conveniently the Democrats of today forget how they acted when Romney ran, when McCain ran, when Bush was president, when Reagan was president, when Nixon was president.

Same accusations of racism, same hysterical meltdowns.

The country just needs to keep plenty of Pampers and Fabreze ready for when Republicans win elections.
You apparently are of the mindset that one is either "with us or against us". There's nothing wrong with liking or not liking a particular president. I've liked and disliked several in my lifetime. But NEVER have I felt such total DISGUST and REPULSION as I do now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And interestingly, the countries on the list do not do business with Trump businesses, but the countries not on the list do.
So what?

And please name the specific Muslim-majority countries he does business with.

Give us all the details.

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
I've noticed something. People who hate Trump are all hung up on superficial things like his character -- They'll say he tweets too much, her uses locker room talk, he's racist, xenophobic, misogynist, he's an idiot, bla bla bla. Or they voted for Hillary simply because she has 2 X chromosomes. Did anyone actually vote for Hillary or against Trump because of ISSUES like immigration including whether to take all these Syrian refugees, trade issues, jobs, selection of a supreme court justice, etc?
I noticed over the campaign season that they remained, by choice, ignorant about the issues. How many links and explanations were presented to them to try to educate them? Nothing stuck. I think they have a "gang" mentality, but surely that many "highly educated" individuals would be able to sort out truth from lies, yet they failed miserably.

I think most just were clinging to CNN, owned by Time Warner who donated almost a million dollars to Hillary Clinton's campaign in what I am sure was some sort of "pay to play". I don't think that thinking for one's self anymore is considered "pc".

Old 02-13-2017, 06:50 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
It's been clear since the election that a few people on both sides of the aisle cannot seem to move on from the results to dealing with the substantive issues facing America under this administration, but it mostly seems to be coming from the right. Characterizing the left as cry-babies is not helpful and neither is minimizing our president's behavior, which is very concerning. The single biggest "accomplishment" touted by this White House so far is a hastily-signed EO banning immigrants from certain parts of the Middle East that has caused massive disruptions at airports and border crossings around the country. Intra-agency communication and cooperation has been ineffective at best, non-existant at worst. Leaks from inside the West Wing portray the situation as chaotic. I do not have any confidence in the Trump administration to handle issues that are important to American people of any political persuasion. The VP and I don't agree on pretty much anything, and I would welcome a Pence presidency at this point, because at least he appears to be emotionally stable.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Do anti-Trump people actually care about issues?

They refuse to accept it was their OWN FAULT that Hillary lost.

They were so "high" on the fact that she WAS going to win and continue the Obama admin policies that they just can't comprehend they lost. it was IMPOSSIBLE!

Just like a drug addict, the high is GREAT" and when the drugs wear off, they can't handle it.

To them "The end justifies the means"

They will do and say ANYTHING to justify in their minds that THEY were right Trump should NOT be President and should be "brought down".
Not true at all.

The biggest problem with Hillary's campaign was Hillary. She was a terribly flawed candidate.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So what?

And please name the specific Muslim-majority countries he does business with.

Give us all the details.
Muslim-majority countries where Donald Trump does business left untouched by travel ban | The Independent

Old 02-13-2017, 06:53 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Comments like those ^^^^ show how shallow the thinking of Trumpees really is and how little they understand about the issues. When they have nothing else to contribute, they come up with one liners like this well thought out response.

First and foremost, I think most of us voted against Trump, and still continue to rally against him, because he simply is such a flawed candidate and a dishonest, corrupt human being. He is a turd that can not be polished or defended. He is anti everything this country stands for, and has put hatred and fear at the forefront of his agenda.

We would have accepted ANY OTHER candidate , Republican or Democrat, and you would not have seen this degree of backlash..........you've never seen it before, and probably will never see it again. There is a man sitting in the WH today who has such a total lack of common sense and awareness of how his actions affect us and the rest of the world, that he is going to create serious problems , if left unchecked. Add to that the fact that he is mentally unstable, and it is a recipe for disaster.
"Comments like those ^^^^ show how shallow the thinking of Trumpees really is and how little they understand about the issues."

Have you had you head in the ground?

Crying loudly in public, whining, "safe "places, crayons, therapists, "The world is coming to an end", protests turning into riots, colleges DENYING the people from the "right" from speaking, etc.

The list is a LOT longer.

I tink either you are grossly misinformed or VERY naive!

Old 02-13-2017, 06:54 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
It's been clear since the election that a few people on both sides of the aisle cannot seem to move on from the results to dealing with the substantive issues facing America under this administration, but it mostly seems to be coming from the right. Characterizing the left as cry-babies is not helpful and neither is minimizing our president's behavior, which is very concerning. The single biggest "accomplishment" touted by this White House so far is a hastily-signed EO banning immigrants from certain parts of the Middle East that has caused massive disruptions at airports and border crossings around the country. Intra-agency communication and cooperation has been ineffective at best, non-existant at worst. Leaks from inside the West Wing portray the situation as chaotic. I do not have any confidence in the Trump administration to handle issues that are important to American people of any political persuasion. The VP and I don't agree on pretty much anything, and I would welcome a Pence presidency at this point, because at least he appears to be emotionally stable.
Nice post and I agree with you. But really, characterizing the left as cry-babies is no worse than actually being one. And the left has cornered the market on that at the current time.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:54 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Flynn, Pence, Conway, DeVoss, and Trump are all LIARS. These people have no problem lying to the Public. Look at this mockery Conway made of the White House when she forgot where she was and did a commercial for Ivankas clothing line. What other President has hired such idiots? Seriously.
The left is a beacon for honesty?

Dick Blumenthal - lies about what Gorsuch said and for years about Vietnam
Liz Warren and her fake native american heritage.
Hillary Clinton - need I say more

Old 02-13-2017, 06:55 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
But of course, when the Obamacare website rolled out and was a complete disaster, that was okay.

When Iraq, Syria, Libya and Yemen fell apart under Obama's watch, that was okay.

When Obama sent a plane-load of cash to Iran, that was okay.

When the Obama administration blamed Benghazi on a video, that was okay.

When Hillary used a private, unsecure server to send and receive classified documents, that was okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies