Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 02:08 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Do anti-Trump people realize that President Trump is doing EXACTLY what he said he would do during his campaign?
Like repealing ACA on day one?

Like installing a muslim ban, only to insist it is not a muslim ban?

Like making Mexico pay for a wall, only to turn to Congress to beg for money?

The funny thing is that people are actually hoping he will NOT do the things he said he would like massive tax hikes on the borders, because it would be horribly damaging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 02:10 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
And that this is why Trump's supporters elected him to be our nation's President?
AND do Trump supporters realize that the 67 million people that voted for Hillary,the three million more than for Trump don't want him to do what he is doing so they are protesting and calling Trump out on everything he is doing?Why would Trump supporters be surprised,did you think people would lie down and not complain....you know like all of you did during the eight years of Obama???

Oh and to add he is doing it just as bad as the 67 million thought he would.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:15 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
It's not shocking to me at all. He acted like that was his exact plan when he ran his campaign. When he ran, he acted like someone with the attitude of a corporate CEO, not a President who has to consult with multiple people and organizations before making decisions. And why should he act like anything else?

He has no experience being anything but the leader of a huge successful business. I give him props for his business sucess, but being a success in private enterprise doesn't mean an individual has a clue about running a government. And he doesn't.
He's not even a successful businessman.

It shouldn't' be shocking you are absolutely right, but it is. For me each day I am appalled by the administration and their actions. Tearing America apart piece by piece.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:24 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And do you think that someone who is already rich when they take office is more or less likely to do this than someone else who isn't?

Personally I'd rather see someone who is rich before they take office than someone who gets rich while in office.
Good point!

Old 02-13-2017, 04:27 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Yes, we know....rich people are evil.

Got it.
No you don't.

Obviously.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:36 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No you don't.

Obviously.

Fine.....why don't you share with the class exactly why you think Betsy Devos bought her way to Secretary of Education?

How much did she pay? (I'm assuming you have some kind of proof, yes?)

What was her motivation for spending her way into government? (You think she has some pyramid scheme on selling textbooks door to door?)

She's already a billionaire, there are certainly positions in government where she could more easily line her pockets even further if that was her goal.

What is your motivation for equating wealth with corruption?

Old 02-13-2017, 04:38 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert137 View Post
Nonsense. Leftists are doubly whammed---choking on his sensible and patriotic actions and eating Crow because he's fulfilling his promises, something they said he wouldn't do. So of course we get this whining from the entitled left.
Sensible and patriotic? Don't make me laugh.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:11 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking You STILL don't get it...

Quote:
Fine.....why don't you share with the class exactly why you think Betsy Devos bought her way to Secretary of Education?

How much did she pay? (I'm assuming you have some kind of proof, yes?)

What was her motivation for spending her way into government? (You think she has some pyramid scheme on selling textbooks door to door?)

She's already a billionaire, there are certainly positions in government where she could more easily line her pockets even further if that was her goal.

What is your motivation for equating wealth with corruption?
Your entire premise is bogus, as I never said one single word about her "buying her way into the cabinet."

Just go back and read the link I posted.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:29 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I don't think it's necessarily that we are caught off guard ny what he's doing, but how quickly and poorly executed he is doing it. He's not taking the time to understand what he is doing it, just throwing ideas at a wall and hoping they'll stick.

He creates an immigration ban that didn't work, so now he may just do another EO and see of that works.

He gives Bannom the highest security clearance without reading the EO and has no idea that's what he's done.

To me it's shocking that someone who isn't the leader of the free world is not putting any thought into his actions. Insanity.
AMY WALTER, The Cook Political Report:

Whether this impedes their ability to actually get stuff done is the real question. So, does it matter? It matters if it matters, right? If the lack of clear lines of delineation, if the infighting is preventing them from actually putting legislation on the Hill, getting an Obamacare replacement, passing tax law, then it is a very big deal.

If it is just — and, again, remember, this is a president who ran — as a candidate, his campaign looked exactly like this. So the chaos is something that he is either likes or thinks is important, but it didn’t deter him and it didn’t stop him from winning in the first place.

[in three weeks more than other presidents in an entire administration.]?

Not the most recent president. President Obama at this point, literally on this day, the Senate passed his stimulus bill. And that was soon going to be signed into law. So, we haven’t seen anything even get up to the Hill, nonetheless a major piece of legislation getting passed.

Is the focus on his staff keeping President Trump from making policy? | PBS NewsHour

Old 02-14-2017, 09:34 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
What is your issue with rich people?

Why does the left always seem to want to equate rich with corruption?
I have no problem with rich people. I'm doing well better than average myself...

My problem is with people who think being rich is all that matters or for whom it matters too much as compared to the attributes that truly matter when it comes to judging a POTUS. My problem is also with a political system that more and more seems to make being rich some sort of prerequisite to be a candidate for Senator or POTUS in America. I've got a problem with a few other issues related to all this as well, but right now my problem is mostly that Trump is POTUS, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies