Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2017, 12:31 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times

Advertisements

Law is there to protect Transgender from being harassed by the law and being arrested for living their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 12:33 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Law is there to protect Transgender from being harassed by the law and being arrested for living their lives.
Transgenders were already going to the bathroom of their choice without anyone noticing.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:33 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Wanting to keep biological males out of your teen age daughter's changing room and showers is bigoted now?
These aren't "guys" who think they are/act like "guys". They aren't going to sexually assault these girls. They really just want to be left alone

Old 02-14-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
These aren't "guys" who think they are/act like "guys". They aren't going to sexually assault these girls. They really just want to be left alone
And what is your advice for the 100 or so girls who are very uncomfortable having to get undressed in front of and having to see a naked biological male?

Tough?

Old 02-14-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
And what is your advice for the 100 or so girls who are very uncomfortable having to get undressed in front of and having to see a naked biological male?

Tough?
Yes, actually. Being uncomfortable is their problem. They should just mind their own business honestly

Old 02-14-2017, 12:37 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
I don't want to use the same bathroom with right wing, extremist, religious fanatics. What if I am exposed to their homophobic bigotry when they use the bathroom or take a shower. So THEY should be forced to go to the bathroom in separate facilities and should be ARRESTED for exercising bodily functions.

Are you people out of your minds? Making it illegal to go to the bathroom? Why not just a decree to round up and exterminate anyone who isn't exactly like you? I want to puke.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:39 PM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
So, because apparently 77% of people are uncaring bigots, then nobody should accept transgender/transsexual rights if they want to win elections. How about you just say what you really want to say, that you think Democrats should just become Republicans and we should have a right wing one party state.
LOL at you calling 77% of the population uncaring bigots.

Not sure why anyone thinks an anatomical male has the right to expose himself to a minor female or commit voyeurism against her will and without her parent's consent (or vice versa). It really is as simple as that.

Quote:
And anyways, people don't give their kids enough credit. I still remember what I felt and thought growing up and most parents try to shelter their kids from the real world, which is damaging in itself. My mother waited until I was 17 to tell me about my transsexual relatives transition, for the reasons you talk about; but I was a smart kid and knew the whole time, and only wish I had been told earlier. I was accepting once it was made known to me publicly. But then again, I grew up in NY, so I guess that makes me and my family freaks in the eyes of people in the south and flyover country.
Kids accept transgenders. That's not the issue. I have no idea why you're conflating the two. Girls have friends that are anatomical boys, and vice versa. Do they change and shower together? No. I, as an adult woman, don't change and shower with my anatomical male friends.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Yes, actually. Being uncomfortable is their problem. They should just mind their own business honestly
See that is where you lose a large portion of reasonable people.

Why don't their feelings matter? Why is the feelings of one person so much more important than the other 100?

Maybe they just want to be left alone and not have guys in their showers.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I don't want to use the same bathroom with right wing, extremist, religious fanatics. What if I am exposed to their homophobic bigotry when they use the bathroom or take a shower. So THEY should be forced to go to the bathroom in separate facilities and should be ARRESTED for exercising bodily functions.

Are you people out of your minds? Making it illegal to go to the bathroom? Why not just a decree to round up and exterminate anyone who isn't exactly like you? I want to puke.
No one has said anything close to what you have ranted about her.

Go puke in some other thread.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post

Great post, actually the first time I've agreed with you. The last sentence I think is subconsciously what these people truly want, but they don't say it for fear of looking like Neo Nazis. You even have posters on here who still think homosexuality is a mental illness ffs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies