Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2017, 08:28 PM

626 posts, read 379,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
"These freaks" and I should engage with you on this, why?

maybe you shouldn't...

you've made it well known what your point is and that you look down on those in disagreement.

why on earth would we expose transgenders to minors? that's crazy. there's a reason the majority does not want that.

common sense prevailed on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 08:30 PM

88,760 posts, read 44,561,469 times
Quote:
And you have proof the students use the showers during school, that they must for gym class? Why won't you address this? I have told you that it's rare today to find schools that require kids to shower after gym. Most gym students just change into gym clothes, which doesn't require removing any undergarments.
Think about what you're saying. You already saw photos of a high school with a pool in IN. The school my kids went to in IL had one, too. Graduation requirements mandate that students take swimming at least one year. They have to change into and out of bathing suits and wash the chlorine off themselves every single school day. In the open locker room. In the open shower.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:32 PM

33,855 posts, read 16,890,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post

Old 02-14-2017, 08:36 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,304,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Yeah, let's hear it for making transgendered individuals feel like "freaks", how nice and caring
People with gender dysphoria or gender identity disorder (GID) have been using bathrooms forever. I don't see a problem here. GID folks can enter a stall and do their thing and no one will know it is a man with a penis dressed as a woman.

If these men want to pretend they are women they don't harm anyone, so I could care less.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
You'd also be hard pressed to find someone who would go through the trouble to dress up like the opposite sex and actually try to look the part to blend in (you know, which is what actual trans people do - look the part, as best as they can) just so they can creep on women. M to F trans people have it particularly hard because it's hard to hide their masculinity, few men would be willing to deal with the stares and judgment from others if they were to fake being trans. Everything you're suggesting here just isn't logical.
Who said anything about a requirement that an anatomical male who "feels" like a female has to dress and look like one? There simply is no such requirement. Read the example in the Time Magazine article I linked.

You're really pushing an agenda and calling others bigoted, so why would you ASSUME someone who's claiming to be transgender would dress or look like the gender they "claim" to be? Wouldn't that make you a bigot for assuming all transgenders are the same?

Old 02-14-2017, 08:41 PM

529 posts, read 368,646 times
Quote:
And you have proof the students use the showers during school, that they must for gym class? Why won't you address this? I have told you that it's rare today to find schools that require kids to shower after gym. Most gym students just change into gym clothes, which doesn't require removing any undergarments.

The community uses the gym by choice/because they are allowed to, they don't get to complain if a trans person is in there. They will be told to go find somewhere else, especially with the existence of laws allowing trans people into the room.

Lets say for arguments sake there are 20 girls who do shower after gym, because they are hard workers and like to be clean afterwards. Yes they are a bit uncomfortable showering in front of their other girl friends but choose to do so anyway because of their desire for hygiene. Now a trans boy is allowed to use the girl's facilities.

What should they do? Deal with it or don't shower? Is that your position?

Is it your contention that the one trans person's feelings is more valid than the feelings of the 20 girls who are now having a biological male forced into their shower area?

Old 02-14-2017, 08:43 PM

529 posts, read 368,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
People with gender dysphoria or gender identity disorder (GID) have been using bathrooms forever. I don't see a problem here. GID folks can enter a stall and do their thing and no one will know it is a man with a penis dressed as a woman.

If these men want to pretend they are women they don't harm anyone, so I could care less.

You are correct, except this thread isn't about public bathrooms.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:49 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,569,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Typical dumb*** Trump move. He has North Korea launching missiles, people waiting for him to create the jobs he promised, and a million other serious issues, and what does he do? He worries about bathrooms ! If I were the people who trusted and voted for him, I would be livid that he is wasting his time on silly stuff, instead of doing what really needs done. He is simply incapable of focusing on important issues and worries more about how many people attended his inauguration.

What a clown.
And the same could be said about Obama. More worried about this issue than North Korea and other very pressing issues.

In fact that was big topic on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Insert Obama in place of Trump and tell me the difference.
Exactly, there is no difference.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:57 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,931,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
maybe you shouldn't...

you've made it well known what your point is and that you look down on those in disagreement.

why on earth would we expose transgenders to minors? that's crazy. there's a reason the majority does not want that.

And you wonder why I "look down on those in disagreement" SMH

What I'm not okay with is such utter ignorance. I can have civil discussions but once people get crazy, I get however it is that makes you feel I "look down" on people. I don't take well to people who call others "freaks" or insist it's "crazy" we "expose" minors to trans people (or trans people to minors, as if the trans person will do something horrible to a kid ), also while conveniently ignoring the fact that many trans people are minors themselves. I suggest another person google Jazz Jennings...

It wouldn't hurt to open your mind and have some compassion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Think about what you're saying. You already saw photos of a high school with a pool in IN. The school my kids went to in IL had one, too. Graduation requirements mandate that students take swimming at least one year. They have to change into and out of bathing suits and wash the chlorine off themselves every single school day. In the open locker room. In the open shower.
I need to think about what I'm saying? Whatever.

Any school that requires students to take swimming and strip naked and shower in the open in front of other students is a school I wouldn't go to or want my kids at, honestly. So many districts have thrown out these older policies because they suck. There's a higher regard for privacy nowadays and a risk of lawsuits, concerns over kids getting bullied, even a concern for trans kids, there's the fact that many don't have time to shower in between classes. It's just not common.

I don't think ANY students should be forced to get naked and shower in open stalls in front of each other, forget about a trans kid here and there. How awful.

The only people we should make strip and shower in the open in front of each other are inmates.

Honestly though, I'm not lying when I say a school that makes kids shower is in the minority, especially if they're showering in those open stalls:

As long ago as 1996 it was already rare compared to 20 years prior... Taking Showers At School Is Going Down The Drain - tribunedigital-chicagotribune
2011: Shower stalls stay dry at most public schools - tribunedigital-sunsentinel
And hey, here's one about a school with private shower stalls - As schools install more private stalls, popularity of open showers goes down the drain | Education | omaha.com

Old 02-14-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Not true
Yes, it is true. Just one example:

ARIZONA

13-1402. Indecent exposure; classifications

A. A person commits indecent exposure if he or she exposes his or her genitals or anus or she exposes the areola or nipple of her breast or breasts and another person is present, and the defendant is reckless about whether the other person, as a reasonable person, would be offended or alarmed by the act.
B. Indecent exposure does not include an act of breast-feeding by a mother.
C. Indecent exposure to a person who is fifteen or more years of age is a class 1 misdemeanor. Indecent exposure to a person who is under fifteen years of age is a class 6 felony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies