Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2017, 04:28 PM

626 posts, read 380,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No child should be forced to use restroom facilities, or especially locker rooms, at school with someone they believe to be the opposite gender. NO child. That includes children whose body parts match their gender identity, as well as transgendered students. Transgendered students need an alternative to being forced to use the boy's rooms if they feel they are a girl. That is a need. They want to use the girl's versions. That is not a need. More importantly it violates many of the biological girls' need to not have someone they feel is not their gender in their bathroom/locker room. Hundreds of students should not have to forfeit their rights to accommodate one child's wants - not needs, wants.

Schools need to have a couple of single use facilities.
well said. agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 04:51 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Nothing stops pedophiles and other pervs from abusing anyone now. Your slippery slope argument is rife with paranoia and irrational fear. Thinking that pedos or other abusers will suddenly come out of the woodwork dressed as women to hurt kids and women is ridiculous when it's so easy for anyone who wants to to hurt a woman or kid already. These people already have their methods of getting to their victims. It's even more absurd to suggest that a man dressed as a woman will be a threat to minors in locker rooms and areas designated for minors only, like in a school. Some strange/unfamiliar dude dressed as a woman isn't getting anywhere near a girls' locker room. .
Did you even read my last post? What is it you are not understanding? These laws do not say that a man has to dress or present as a woman, or prove in any way that he really is trans,in order to access the woman's facilities!!!!! You seem to be willfully ignoring this fact.

I agree with you, a pedophile man is unlikely to go to the trouble of "dressing like a woman" or pretend to be transgender just so he can get in the girl's facilities. The good news for him is, he doesn't have to!!!.... All he needs to do is just say that he identifies as a woman, and he has to be given access to the women's facilities. THAT is the insanity in these policies. THAT is what makes them easy for perverts to exploit. If these laws said that you must first prove that you actually are trans, such as with a note from a psychologist, I wouldn't have as much concern.
Quote:
Strange and unfamiliar people don't go into school locker rooms period, at least not at a school with good staff
What about the high school kid who goes in to the girls facilities either to get a peek or just on a dare? What do you think is going to happen when he gets caught? All he has to do is say he is trans, and there's nothing that can be done to stop him. He doesn't have to prove he is trans, he doesn't have to dress or present as a woman, all he has to do is SAY he is trans, and he has to be given access. You don't see the potential for abuse there? Or do you just willfully ignore it?

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 02-15-2017 at 05:02 PM..

Old 02-15-2017, 08:24 PM

34,018 posts, read 17,045,886 times
Quote:
No child should be forced to use restroom facilities, or especially locker rooms, at school with someone they believe to be the opposite gender. NO child. That includes children whose body parts match their gender identity, as well as transgendered students. Transgendered students need an alternative to being forced to use the boy's rooms if they feel they are a girl. That is a need. They want to use the girl's versions. That is not a need. More importantly it violates many of the biological girls' need to not have someone they feel is not their gender in their bathroom/locker room. Hundreds of students should not have to forfeit their rights to accommodate one child's wants - not needs, wants.

agreed

Old 02-15-2017, 08:34 PM

381 posts, read 177,171 times
I have no problem with gender neutral restrooms, but this desire to get access to women and girls' space in restrooms, locker rooms, etc. puzzles me. I do not want to share these private spaces with biological men and don't think other women and girls should be forced to. This makes me wonder how many transgendered men would feel comfortable using the men's restroom if given the choice.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:07 PM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:

I agree, but here's what's going on... Schools do have one or two single use facilities, but they're almost always reserved for faculty. There have been many cases in which schools offer transgender students the use of that private facility, but the transgenders have rejected that option and insist on using the girls' open locker/shower room instead, even though they have male genitalia.

Case in point:
Quote:

"In the middle of last school year, Lila Perry came out as transgender. Before that, she had been living as a gay male.

But that’s not who she really was. No longer was she going to pretend, Lila said.

So this year, she told teachers and administrators at Hillsboro High School, where she is a senior, that she would no longer be content to use a unisex faculty bathroom. She wanted to be treated like other female students, including access to bathrooms and locker rooms for girls."
Hillsboro High students walk out over transgender dispute | Education | stltoday.com

Old 02-15-2017, 10:40 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Civilized people are moving beyond this BS instinct to hate those different from you. The voice in my head that says things aren't right is moments like this when people cheer on discrimination, call them freaks and laugh about it.

Like the incident at that McDonalds in Baltimore where the two cis women started beating up that trans woman and only one person tried to stop it, while the employee filming it on his phone just laughed. That seemed wrong to me, but who knows, with this board, maybe we are supposed to be okay with beating up people who happen to be different
No, they aren't, and nowhere did I say it was an instinct of HATE. That's what you want to believe for some weird reason. I specifically said nobody should be treated bad.

Schools are a particularly bad place to push this issue since most kids grow up knowing someone as one gender and then **POOF** are asked to believe they are another after Spring break via a wig and a dress or whatever. It doesn't work that way.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:49 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220
Civilized people are moving beyond this BS instinct to hate those different from you.
It has nothing to do with "hate".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
No, they aren't, and nowhere did I say it was an instinct of HATE. That's what you want to believe for some weird reason. I specifically said nobody should be treated bad.

They say that, because it allows them to avoid admitting you might have a legitimate point. They can't or don't want to have to debate you on the merits, so they try to delegitimize your arguments by saying they are borne of hate and bigotry.

Common tactic of the Left. Theirs is the only "right" worldview, and if you disagree with them, the only reason it could possibly be, is because you are an uncivilized, hateful bigot.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:26 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Did you even read my last post? What is it you are not understanding? These laws do not say that a man has to dress or present as a woman, or prove in any way that he really is trans,in order to access the woman's facilities!!!!! You seem to be willfully ignoring this fact.

I agree with you, a pedophile man is unlikely to go to the trouble of "dressing like a woman" or pretend to be transgender just so he can get in the girl's facilities. The good news for him is, he doesn't have to!!!.... All he needs to do is just say that he identifies as a woman, and he has to be given access to the women's facilities. THAT is the insanity in these policies. THAT is what makes them easy for perverts to exploit. If these laws said that you must first prove that you actually are trans, such as with a note from a psychologist, I wouldn't have as much concern.

What about the high school kid who goes in to the girls facilities either to get a peek or just on a dare? What do you think is going to happen when he gets caught? All he has to do is say he is trans, and there's nothing that can be done to stop him. He doesn't have to prove he is trans, he doesn't have to dress or present as a woman, all he has to do is SAY he is trans, and he has to be given access. You don't see the potential for abuse there? Or do you just willfully ignore it?
And why won't you address my questions to you? What stops men now from going into a woman's room of any sort? Do we have guards at the door? With the laws... nothing will change. Whether he's dressed as a woman or not, men right now can walk into a women's locker room or bathroom and what will happen? Men have gone into these places and placed hidden cameras to spy on women, it already happens, what makes you think there will be a huge surge in incidents?

What makes you think predators even need or want to go directly into a locker room or bathroom? Do you know anything about people who fit this profile? I do, and they have other ways. They won't need to take advantage of this law anymore than they already take advantage of NOT having laws telling you who can and can't enter a room.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:30 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It has nothing to do with "hate".

They say that, because it allows them to avoid admitting you might have a legitimate point. They can't or don't want to have to debate you on the merits, so they try to delegitimize your arguments by saying they are borne of hate and bigotry.

Common tactic of the Left. Theirs is the only "right" worldview, and if you disagree with them, the only reason it could possibly be, is because you are an uncivilized, hateful bigot.
What's this "they" you speak of? And my world view is to just leave everyone the hell alone and let them live their life, not ostracize them or make them do something they don't want to do because they are different! I share that aspect with libertarians, even though I am not one

Old 02-16-2017, 10:42 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Men do and can already use women's spaces to spy or prey on women. The types of men who would do such a thing... already do.

Man caught spying on women's showers was employee of the Sydney swimming pool | Daily Mail Online

Man charged with spying on woman in dressing room

This man walked right into a women's locker room where there were naked 7 year olds. Just walked right in and creeped on them. Derrick Moss Spied On Little Girls Showering At YMCA: Cops | The Huffington Post

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wpxi.re...?client=safari

This man WAS dressed as a woman and he was arrested because he was peeping. He had done it before. Peeping would still be/still is illegal with laws protecting trans people. https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcwa...?client=safari

These trans laws won't allow people to do so with any bad intent. There are still criminal statutes that people can meet the elements of if they are being inappropriate, and they can be convicted. It won't be legal for men to just walk in and leer at women or spy or film them or something.

You're right. Men may do what you're concerned about. BUT THEY DO IT ALREADY. People who want to prey on women and girls will do so regardless, they will find a way and many already have their methods. It will still be a crime if the circumstances fit even with these laws protecting trans people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies