Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 01:19 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They have exactly the same element: a belief that one is something one is not.

Rachel Dolezal is a White person, but believes she is Black.

A transgender is a biological and anatomical member of one sex, but believes they are a member of the opposite sex.

Neither is based in reality.
The medical community disagrees with you, take this debate up with a psychiatrist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 01:26 AM

89,013 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The medical community disagrees with you, take this debate up with a psychiatrist
The "medical community" also amputates the wrong body part sometimes, as well. They're not infallible.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:17 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
You really don't give the transgender/transsexual individual a viable option then (and no, using the bathroom/locker room of their birth sex is NOT a viable option)
Oh, give me a break! This is all about pride and emotion, not viability. Men's restrooms and women's restrooms are essentially the same functionally. The process of taking a crap in a toilet is pretty much the same in a men's restroom as it is in a woman's restroom.

As long as you have access to "a" restroom, it's a "viable" option, functionally speaking.
Quote:
I mean, why don't we just execute transgender/transsexual individuals, that would truly be the easiest solution right?
Do you want to have a real discussion? Or do you just want to distract by using stupid, over-the-top rhetoric that doesnlt really contribute anything to the dialogue?
Quote:
Then all the uncomfortable/intolerant cis individuals don't have to deal with them at all. That seems to be where all this is headed......
So, anyone that disagrees with you is an intolerant bigot who wants all transgendered people to be murdered.... So much for you not "ostracizing" people....
Quote:
Because it is telling them that you don't think their condition exists, and expect them to live a closeted life.
No, it's not telling them that I don't think their condition exists, or that I expect them to live a closeted life. I'm telling them that if they have a penis, they have to go use the facilities designated for those with a penis.. It really doesn't go any further than that.
Quote:
You are a woman, right? What if you were told you were expected to use the men's locker room and bathroom even though you KNOW you are a woman? That is the issue
How's that any different from what you're advocating? The only difference is, instead of forcing her to go in to the men's room, you're letting the men in to the women's room...

Either way, the outcome is the same. She's forced to use a restroom with men in it.

As I;ve made clear in previous posts though, I'm less concerned with actual transgendered people using the restroom of their choice than I am with the perverts who will pretend to be transgender in order to exploit these policies.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Oh, give me a break! This is all about pride and emotion, not viability. Men's restrooms and women's restrooms are essentially the same functionally. The process of taking a crap in a toilet is pretty much the same in a men's restroom as it is in a woman's restroom.

As long as you have access to "a" restroom, it's a "viable" option, functionally speaking.

Do you want to have a real discussion? Or do you just want to distract by using stupid, over-the-top rhetoric that doesnlt really contribute anything to the dialogue?

So, anyone that disagrees with you is an intolerant bigot who wants all transgendered people to be murdered.... So much for you not "ostracizing" people....

No, it's not telling them that I don't think their condition exists, or that I expect them to live a closeted life. I'm telling them that if they have a penis, they have to go use the facilities designated for those with a penis.. It really doesn't go any further than that.

How's that any different from what you're advocating? The only difference is, instead of forcing her to go in to the men's room, you're letting the men in to the women's room...

Either way, the outcome is the same. She's forced to use a restroom with men in it.

As I;ve made clear in previous posts though, I'm less concerned with actual transgendered people using the restroom of their choice than I am with the perverts who will pretend to be transgender in order to exploit these policies.
I'm only going to address your last paragraph here as I am tiring of not getting anywhere in this thread.

Why should the paranoia of one or two bad actors spoil it for all the legitimate transgender/transsexual people?

Old 02-17-2017, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Why should the paranoia of one or two bad actors spoil it for all the legitimate transgender/transsexual people?
How can you tell it's only one or two bad actors when no one can tell who's actually transgender or not, and no proof is required prior to entry?

That's the problem. It gives any and all males (whether transgender, gay, straight, or sex offender) free entry to and use of girls'/women's multiple occupancy bathrooms/locker/shower rooms while young girls and/or women are half-dressed and naked.

Why should ALL girls and women (51% of the population) be expected to put themselves and their safety at risk just so that 0.3% of the population can get what they want?

Old 02-17-2017, 06:42 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
As noted several times I don't have a problem with coed bathrooms. In my opinion everyone is afforded an adequate level of privacy in bathrooms.

I am also comfortable changing and showering in the typical open men's locker rooms that most guys grew up with. I'm not especially modest in that regard.

All that said, I am not comfortable changing and showering with people that have vaginas. It is just not proper. I empathize with the plight of transgenders but they need to accept the fact that they do not fit the standard male-female norms and that society is not yet ready for coed locker rooms, because a mix of penises and vaginas in a locker room is exactly that, coed. It doesn't matter that they feel like the opposite of the anatomy they were born with. When you are naked in a locker room nobody sees your feelings. They instead are seeing what nature gave you.

Truly I would like to be able to change my mindset as I believe in equality for all, but most of us need some time to get used to this. Yes there were always transgenders, but many of us never even knew they existed. Cultural change takes time. This is just moving too fast. Deal with bathrooms first, and then after we're gotten used to that, someday come back to locker rooms.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:56 AM

626 posts, read 381,053 times
Quote:

Oh and they're always right? It used to common to leech people to heal them...

And where money is to be made people will say anything.

If you truly think somebody with a penis can be a woman that's crazy, borderline disorder in itself. It's not reality.

And again, are you comfortable with forcing children to be exposed to this and forcing their parents to let this happen?

Old 02-17-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post

If you truly think somebody with a penis can be a woman that's crazy, borderline disorder in itself. It's not reality.

And again, are you comfortable with forcing children to be exposed to this and forcing their parents to let this happen?
Well, psychiatrists still use electric shock therapy, which can cause permanent cognitive ability damage and memory loss. So, there you go...

Old 02-17-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post

Yes I am comfortable with it, does that drive you crazy?

Old 02-17-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Yes I am comfortable with it, does that drive you crazy?
You're comfortable with forcing minor girls to change/shower with adult anatomical males who are not close family members? That's highly inappropriate, if not outright child abuse and a sex crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies