Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 06:41 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Does the OP actually think they handed Abe and his wife an invoice for the stay at the resort.

LOL

Old 02-14-2017, 06:42 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,496,538 times
He probably got more accomplished with Abe on that golf outing than Obama did in 8 years of golfing.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:07 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
So....when Trump is entertaining dignitaries and heads of state at his resort in Florida....does the government pay him for all the rooms and food? Not just for his own Secret Service but for the guest and all THEIR security and whatever entourage they bring along?! Does Trump charge rack rate or does he give a discount? Or is Trump so generous that he figures he profits enough just from the publicity he gets that he "eats" the actual cost of the rooms and food? Whaddaya think?
I think your best bet would be to email your congress person and have them get an answer for you. I am sure he is operating within the law. Didn't one of the president's rent out bedrooms in the WH and pocket the money? Wait, it was rented out for donations to the Clinton's.

Quote:
Oh right....how does he figure profit? Is there a bill that gets submitted somewhere, I guess? And is that donation then a tax write-off?

And it is okay if he makes a profit from HIS decisions to hold meetings with other Americans at Mar a Lago?
You might google on the Clinton's renting out the Lincoln bedroom for donations and see how that was handled. I suppose those that rented the Lincoln bedroom with a donation to the Clinton's wrote it off on their taxes.

I would definitely start by looking at how the Clinton's handled renting out the Lincoln bedroom for donations to probably their "pay for play" foundation and then contact my congressman for details on what Trump is legally allowed to do as POTUS with his expense accounts.

I doubt anyone here would know about what is and is not allowed. I mean, when I heard the Clinton's were renting out Lincoln's bedroom, I was but then again, it was the Clinton's.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:13 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He should be taking dignitaries to Camp David if he wants to get away from the White House. It's a secure place where he won't be having things going on like what happened with the leader of Japan...holding a make-shift situation room out in a public place.
He should but that wouldn't give Trump endless free
advertisement for his resort.
I have to say Trump is mighty clever to take all
visitors to Mar-a-Lago.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:15 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Democrats have moved on to the endless material Mr. Trump gives us question like what happened at Mar a Logo with an open air situation room. It's him and his fan base that can't seem to leave the election behind. He won. Get over it and defend what he did this past weekend.
You mean Democrats have moved on to such important matters such as Trump might make some money off a hotel room because a foreign dignitary stayed there?

Democrats have gone off the deep end. That is why they lost the US House, US Senate, US Presidency, most of the state legislatures and chambers.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:51 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You mean Democrats have moved on to such important matters such as Trump might make some money off a hotel room because a foreign dignitary stayed there?

Democrats have gone off the deep end. That is why they lost the US House, US Senate, US Presidency, most of the state legislatures and chambers.

So that's all you got to defend the open air situation room at Mar a Lago? I wonder how many international spies are asking their bosses for money to buy memberships at Mar a Logo. I wonder how many on the wait staff are being approached to place bugs under tables. Spin it all you want but facts are still facts and he's putting our nation's security at risk, doing the nation's business in a public place.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:48 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Does the OP actually think they handed Abe and his wife an invoice for the stay at the resort.

LOL
Hahahah....No. But a bill to either THEIR government official in charge of such things or a bill to OUR government official, sure. Since there is such concern about the national debt I perhaps wrongly assumed that people would want and expect an accounting of such things...beyond the obvious issues of personally benefiting from the arrangement in several ways.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:34 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Normally heads of state stay at the White House when they visit, regardless of who paid for the room taxpayers are footing the bill for transportation and a security detail. I wonder if this sill be a normal occurrence, does Trump just want to show case his properties or is there a point to all this. The best location for a president is in Washington DC, very inefficient and non-secure should a national event come up.
I don't buy that line.

I know a few Realtors, and I'm sure there are many frequenting the forum.

They can sell, buy, shuffle contracts for a piece of land anywhere, sitting anywhere else on the planet with their Android or Apple phone. Think they have better equipment than the POTUS?

The White House, and "DC" is pretty much anywhere the POTUS happens to be at any given moment. Nothing "inefficient" about it.

CN

Old 02-14-2017, 09:37 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
So....when Trump is entertaining dignitaries and heads of state at his resort in Florida....does the government pay him for all the rooms and food? Not just for his own Secret Service but for the guest and all THEIR security and whatever entourage they bring along?! Does Trump charge rack rate or does he give a discount? Or is Trump so generous that he figures he profits enough just from the publicity he gets that he "eats" the actual cost of the rooms and food? Whaddaya think?
Trump is saying he paid for it, but clearly he is receiving millions if not billions of dollars in free advertising.

let us not forget , Trump's family just doubled the price of membership to his "winter Whitehouse"...

I believe it is now 200k ..... so he is clearly profiting very nicely indeed

And of course I am sure the place has the highest bookings ever and I am sure prices are through the roof, after all the POTUS has been there each weekend for the last 3 weekends...

Old 02-14-2017, 09:45 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Each day Trump visits Florida, it costs $60,000 per day for the Palm Beach Florida sheriff's office. So far approx $1.5 million is due.

Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies