Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2017, 10:24 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Lock him up! Lock him up!
The return to law and order! Put your money where your mouth is!

I won't hold my breath though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 10:25 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Good. Hopefully we get dirt on Trump and Pence soon since there is no way Flynn did this on his own.
I agree...I think he was following Trump's instructions.....Next step impeachment....

1,650 posts, read 1,114,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Lock him up! Lock him up!
Obama told Russia on a hot mic he would be "more flexible" with then after the 2012 election. As far as the evidence I'm aware of he has "conspired" with the russians just as much/no more than Trump team. This whole russia narritive really is quite funny though, since palin and romney were mocked heavily over their negative comments about Russia. Then Hillary hands them a little plastic reset button and now the roles have reversed. What happened?

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
That's the problem - the Administration did NOT respond. The Justice Department informed the White House *three weeks ago* but it (Trump) did nothing. The story was leaked by the Washington Post yesterday forcing Flynn to "resign" today. The White House needed to get out in front of it but did not.
It could be a long term problem for Trump Org - business ties to Russia go back & are still undisclosed. There should be an investigation into these & other serious matters however one never knows - denial runs deep & plausible deniability even deeper. There could be many reasons for some NOT to get out in front of this one

Quote:
...There's going to have to be an investigation -- an independent investigation into the Trump campaign and the Trump administration's relationship to Russia," he said. "Russia interfered in this campaign. We know that, although Trump denied it for a long time. We have not seen the President's income tax. His son said a few years ago that an inordinate amount of money was coming in from Russia investing in them." ...
Franken: Flynn was 'lying' or 'forgot' about Russia talks

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/12/politi...hris-christie/

35,679 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
KELLYANNE CONWAY RESIGNS!!!!!!!! SAYS TRUMP ABUSIVE

Ok, calm down.
I was ready to scream. Yeyyyyy at this late hour
, stop it

Old 02-13-2017, 10:26 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
No it's not. You or I could sit down with any Russian official and talk about sanctions with them all day and night if we wanted to.

No it's not, unless Flynn was claiming to speak on behalf of the United States while trying to influence Russian policy.
No it's not.
You might want to read up on the Logan Act

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that details the fine and/or imprisonment of unauthorized citizens who negotiate with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. It was intended to prevent the undermining of the government's position.[2] The Act was passed following George Logan's unauthorized negotiations with France in 1798, and was signed into law by President John Adams on January 30, 1799. The Act was last amended in 1994, and violation of the Logan Act is a felony.

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm really surprised that so many people are trying to make excuses for this.
For all the talking points about MSM "fake" news, that folks try to excuse it just goes to show the crappyness of the alternative news sources. Tonight, Mark Levine went on and on and on in tones of the greatest outrage about the Logan Act and Ted Kennedy. I kept waiting ... waiting ... waiting for him to mention a three letter word - LIE.

Never heard it.

There may well be multiple layers to this matter. But at a minimum, it is about a National Security advisor allowing the Vice President of the United States to publicly defend him in a clear, unambiguous, embarrassing "lie." (And there's no possible Flynn "slip of the mind" here given the transcripts.) How can that possibly be sanctioned from someone who is in of all positions - the National Security advisor - the person who collates and presents information on national security to the President.

So, yeah, folks just don't get it and come up with the funny sounding excuses. My favorite tonight is the post that Flynn was trying to avoid WW3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I agree...I think he was following Trump's instructions.....Next step impeachment....
I thought Trump will never be president.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:27 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
I feel better. Flynn is a TRAITOR and a liar. Wonder if he was following Trumps's orders when he talked to the Russians.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
For all the talking points about MSM "fake" news, that folks try to excuse it just goes to show the crappyness of the alternative news sources. Tonight, Mark Levine went on and on and on in tones of the greatest outrage about the Logan Act and Ted Kennedy. I kept waiting ... waiting ... waiting for him to mention a three letter word - LIE.

Never heard it.

There may well be multiple layers to this matter. But at a minimum, it is about a National Security advisor allowing the Vice President of the United States to publicly defend him in a clear, unambiguous, embarrassing "lie." (And there's no possible Flynn "slip of the mind" here given the transcripts.) How can that possibly be sanctioned from someone who is in of all positions - the National Security advisor - the person who collates and presents information on national security to the President.

So, yeah, folks just don't get it and come up with the funny sounding excuses. My favorite tonight is the post that Flynn was trying to avoid WW3.
An embRassing lie... You mean like "I did not have sexual relations with that woman!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies