Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 01:17 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Well did any Liberals take notice of Obama and for the record Obama did not spend much time at the White on the Weekend.
Even with this Trump has done more in 25 day than Barry did in 8 years!
He did. I swear. Where do y'all get this faulty intel?

Old 02-14-2017, 01:19 PM

107 posts, read 180,166 times
Yikes!! Baldwin's gonna have to stuff a couple pillows under his shirts to keep up with this clown. In just the last 3 weeks, he's put on a massive amount of weight!

If this continues maybe his next reality tv appearance can be "My 600 Pound Life".

Old 02-14-2017, 01:24 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times
On top of Trump plus entourage flying back and forth, do taxpayers
pay for the other cabinet members to go also? Seems like his whole staff is
flying back and forth and I don't think they all are on air force one.
How about the people he calls in for interviews for staff and other positions?

Old 02-14-2017, 01:25 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Love these libs - they have nothing else better to do than troll forums all day long. Kind of sad really that these people don't have a life!
And yet, here you are...

Old 02-14-2017, 01:30 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
you Trumpsters keep saying this yet provide no facts...I know Trumpsters are "post-fact" but still once in a while it doesn't hurt....
We do all the time.

Cut defense reduction deals
Deporting Illegals
Bring Business back to the US or Preventing them from leaving . Tran , Ford.
Keystone
Setting NK straight!

Just tip of the Ice berg. You guys should wake up every once in a while or lay off the smoke!

Old 02-14-2017, 01:33 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
At least NYC is getting a break from protecting WH North....now FL gets to protect WH South....if Obama had done anything like this the outrage would be through the roof....
Don't be too sure about NYC getting a break. Where is Barron on weekends? Has Trump seen the child since Inauguration Weekend? Barron doesn't seem to have come back to the White House, and if he's gone to Mar-a-Lago with his parents, they've done a great job of keeping him invisible.

Don't misunderstand me - I certainly don't think Barron needs to be in the spotlight, but an occasional glimpse of him or brief mention of him ("Barron enjoyed playing golf with his dad last weekend", or "Barron and his mother are checking out potential new schools in Washington for next year") is not going to cause anyone any harm.

Barron seemed to be a perfectly normal eleven-year-old on Inauguration Day, and he clearly enjoyed the parade and waving at the crowds. So where is he on weekends? I'd think his father would miss him and would want to spend time with him...but then, where's Tiffany? Anybody seen her since the Inauguration?

Maybe she's hanging out with her little brother.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
The old guy cant handle it. He seems to be fatigued and disoriented, always thinking about golf and warm weather...congress needs to take notice .

Donald Trump will visit Mar-a-Lago again this Friday, for the third weekend in a row | Blogs

Donald tweeted at least 17 times about how Obama played too much golf.

I can't stand that fat, lying, hypocrite.

Costing us what, a million dollars, every week-end to Fly down to the 'Winter White House' as Kellyanne loves to call it?

And then another million a day to make sure Melania never has to live with her husband?

Oh, but don't worry - he's real busy looking out for the little guy! And . . Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, hypocritical conservatives. Whine, whine, whine every time President Obama took a vacation, but see nothing wrong with Trump taking off every single weekend.

Every time, there would be 10 threads about it.

Conservatives are hypocrites the likes of which I have NEVER seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He's issued a few EOs, one of which caused chaos across the country and then was struck down by the courts, and another in which he unwittingly and unknowingly made Steve Bannon a member of the National Security Council.

I guess such a high level of idiocy is exhausting.
OH, and the pipeline which NO ONE wants to ship Canadian oil through our land and provide . . 35 permanent jobs?

Pass, Trumplets.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:43 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
The old guy cant handle it. He seems to be fatigued and disoriented, always thinking about golf and warm weather...congress needs to take notice .

Aren't you glad then that Hillary wasn't elected? She couldn't even handle a 9/11 ceremony without passing out.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:07 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
When it comes to tax dollars being spent, there's a pretty big difference in price tag between relaxing at the White House and traveling ~1,000 miles each way with Air Force One to relax.

One would think that if our country is trying to cut down on frivolous spending, the President should not be traveling for leisure every single week.
I will go along with that on the frivolous spending. If he cuts back on other spending, then this won't be a big deal - accept to those who simply seek to criticize and nitpick.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:57 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I will go along with that on the frivolous spending. If he cuts back on other spending, then this won't be a big deal - accept to those who simply seek to criticize and nitpick.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Cutting back on spending in other areas of the government to "fund" his leisurely weekend getaways is not acceptable. Especially considering how massive the cost is to transport the President and all required personnel as well as the additional cost for Mrs. Trump to remain in NYC.

It absolutely is a big deal if Trump cuts spending elsewhere just to fund a getaway every weekend. It's not "nitpicking" to point out that our country is projected to have a $500 billion deficit for just this fiscal year. Perhaps instead of merely cutting "other expenses", our Legislative and Executive branches could work on creating an actual "Presidential Leisurely Travel Budget" and stick to it.

Bonus points if the Presidential Leisurely Travel Budget doesn't get funding until the federal budget is balanced rather than running on a deficit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies