Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 04:42 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times

Advertisements

I wonder if Golden Boy was aware that in Washington Russians might be routinely under surveillance and that he or his campaign's contact with them would be noted or recorded.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:12 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I wonder if Golden Boy was aware that in Washington Russians might be routinely under surveillance and that he or his campaign's contact with them would be noted or recorded.
Our Idiot in Chief is stewpid. Get ready for a fun summer of investigations leading up to impeachment. Intel is there that will connect the dots to tRump....he obviously ordered Flynn to talk to Russians during campaign and afterward. And Flynn kept him informed. Does anyone really believe that Flynn was dialing for Russians on his own?

Old 02-15-2017, 05:13 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Anyone find it strange that Pence is the only one reported being nnocent in this? Wouldn't even be shocked if this was a republican operation to take out trump and put in Pence with the weasel Paul Ryan to be VP.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:21 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
1. Senator Bob Corker (R-TN), Chair of Senate Foreign Relations Committee called for a comprehensive probe of tRump allies with Russia.

2. Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) of the Senate Intelligence Committee called for Flynn to be brought before his committee.

3. Senator John McCain (R-AZ) Chair of the Senate Armed Services Committee called the Flynn resignation an indication of a dysfunctional national security apparatus and demands answers.

4. Cong. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) Chair of House Oversight Committee calls for an investigation of tRump's Mar a Lago security in light of the open use of sensitive government communication devices in a public setting.

Also, the US Government's Ethics Office (an independent agency within the executive branch) has recommended that Kellyanne Conway be disciplined for her misusing her official government position to publicize the President's daughter's for profit business.
If any of these investigations lead to the establishment of a special prosecutor, Trump is in deep trouble. Believe me, this team understands exactly what that means. Even with my low expectations for Trump, I never dreamed it would come to this. Seems that the Trump supporters and hard liners are getting pushed further and further out on a thin limb with the word TRAITOR emblazoned on it. Glad I am not out there with them, it has to be damned uncomfortable defending this guy.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:25 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
We need answers at this point not finger pointing. I personally would love to know what the Russians have on Trump. I would also like to know why Trump cannot say a bad word about Putin. Why did Flynn make so many calls to Russia during the campaign? Did Comey have a part in this by not investigating the Hacking? Trump wants to call the papers fake news but he and his cronies are the one spewing the fake news...

Old 02-15-2017, 05:34 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Honestly I want to see these scandals play out for oh, 18 months or so. Yeah- that'd be perfect.
Why? While they are trying to manage the chaos, the whole issue of jobs and insurance reform, trade, all the things that we were promised to improve will go unattended. The GOP knows that they only have two years as a super majority, and these distractions are eating up valuable time.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:43 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
We need answers at this point not finger pointing. I personally would love to know what the Russians have on Trump. I would also like to know why Trump cannot say a bad word about Putin. Why did Flynn make so many calls to Russia during the campaign? Did Comey have a part in this by not investigating the Hacking? Trump wants to call the papers fake news but he and his cronies are the one spewing the fake news...
Trump is scared to death of the free press and the investigative journalists and with good reason. They will dig until they uncover all of the dirty secrets underlying his Russian associations. Why do you think he is screaming "fake news" at every opportunity? A sanctions relief tit for tat (you give me timely releases of DNC email leaks via Wikileaks, in return I will relieve you of sanctions once I am in office) would destroy Trump and his administration. That's why he is getting more and more belligerent in his opposition to the media.

Will he take a page from the Russian playbook? Will certain investigative journalists have untimely "accidents"? I never imagined in my wildest dreams that it would come to that, now I am not so sure. This is going to get worse before it gets better.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:55 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There are already more scandals in this new administration in 25 days than there were in eight years of the previous one.
This is a false narrative that has no traction whatsoever:

//www.city-data.com/forum/47201493-post77.html

Old 02-15-2017, 07:57 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Trump is scared to death of the free press and the investigative journalists and with good reason.
Does the "free" in "free press" mean the license to make anything up that they want to?

Quote:
They will dig until they write all of the dirty secrets underlying his Russian associations.
Fixed it for you.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
The sooner establishment Republicans manage to dispose of Trump, the better. Pence must be licking his chops right now.
If Trump goes away I think Pence could well end up like Ford, tainted by the man he replaced and unable to win an election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies