Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 07:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

Don't forget that Sessions refused to recuse himself from any future investigation of Trump and Russian hacking when he was questioned for confirmation as AG...
Sessions was the head of Trump's Security Oversight Transition Team...so basically as AG if these investigations came up he would be investigation his own actions in part...
Nice and tidy wouldn't you say to cover anything untoward...

Now NYTimes has story that says Trump AIDES (not one) were in conversations (more than 1) with Russia in the year before election....
Paul Manafort was one of the people involved in that (no surprise there)
And this was confirmed by 4 Govt intelligence officials--3 past and 1 current...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 07:46 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
The leaks would more than likely flow past Sessions. Me thinks this train has done left the station.. Woot-Hoot!

Old 02-14-2017, 08:25 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
They're not supposed to continue listening to those calls if it's an American on the other end of the line unless a FISA court approved the tap on that specific person. So now the question is, was there a FISA court-approved wiretap on Flynn, and if so, why? If not, why was this call still recorded and transcribed? And in either case the fact that there were supposedly at least 9 different sources of this leak indicates there's a very big problem in the intelligence industry.
If they are listening under FISA, and wala hear comes the general, I am sure they proceeded with their warrant to make it legal. This Russian investigation started with Obama, just seems to continue and link up to more people. I am waiting to see wiki and some very high Russian govt officials implicated, linking back to us. Latest news: "campaign aides had contacts with Russia's Intel" - just quoting

Old 02-14-2017, 08:55 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If they are listening under FISA, and wala hear comes the general, I am sure they proceeded with their warrant to make it legal. This Russian investigation started with Obama, just seems to continue and link up to more people. I am waiting to see wiki and some very high Russian govt officials implicated, linking back to us. Latest news: "campaign aides had contacts with Russia's Intel" - just quoting

There can be NO claim of NSA/CIA trolling Flynn/Manafort etc.... NSA have the right to servile Operatives such as Russian operative.. so no doubt got CAUGHT UP doing business with the BAD GUYS! Transcripts are available.. so no one who worked with Trump's Campaign, Transition Team didn't KNOW any contact with NSA "Hostiles" wouldn't be heard, read and transcribed. Course they all banked that spreading and delegitimizing Media would rectify that.... LOL Guess what.. NOPE!!

NSA didn't need a warrant to catch Flynn/Manafort nor anybody else....BUT IF these people chose to collaborate behind the scenes.. THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN t would have been CAUGHT>

Believing Trump as POTUS could keep a lid on that.. appears to be mistaken... Sorry Trump.. Checks and balances in the American Constitution will prevail....Like it or not!! Balance of powers.. Bullying Judicial Courts.. Bullying opposition party and Media called FAKE NEWS.. LOL.. Only one consistently repeating FAKE news is Trump himself!! Best he realize..He better SHAPE UP or SHIP OUT!! Pence seems to be viewed as some sort of ignorant say politician.... THAT I disagree He knew from the giddy just who he signed on with.. He will forever more be tagged with Trump...as will RNC Chair representative who MUST be UNCOMFORTABLE!!!

I simply cannot believe that Newly sworn in POTUS has already reached a CRISIS point ( 1 month). Looking back.. Even Obama tho loathed ..didn't have such daily pushback or scandalous headlines.. Yikes.. What will establishment Senators and House Rep/s do? Back the incompetent.. or distance themselves while doing nothing to HOLD him accountable?? I'm looking forward to 2018!!

Old 02-14-2017, 09:20 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You can't be any more "sure" of that then you can be sure of how many Goats live on Pitcairn Island. This is all just an extension of the War on Trump. The Leaks are most likely from anti-Trump left over Employees of the Obama years. They release the information yet will not release the exact conversations transcripts, which is what really matters.

There will be a lot more on this and I have little doubt that Trumps team will not find out who is responsible and end their career, as they did with the Acting AG. Just a matter of time.

The "Never Trump" crowd is rejoicing at these speed bumps and blowing them out of proportion as to what they really mean and will do in the end. They have nothing else to cling to now, since the contest is over and the winner has the Prize. Look at all the Power and the resources, that the Democrats had from Day one, from the Media, the White House, the DNC, the Justice Department, the FBI, the CiA, the Crooked Campaign, and a Billion Dollar purse, and they couldn't stop Trump. Now he is President,and has more Power than he ever did, and they think they can get him removed with Protests and slight of hand. They sure do Dream Big when they Dream.

I can see the CNN on TV 3 years from now, saying "Breaking News, Reliable Sources say New Memo from the White House to lead to Impeachment of the President.

Four years from now, CNN will likely be saying, "Breaking News. Polls show Trump is way behind Warren in crucial swing States, and there is no path to his Victory as President,."

Old 02-14-2017, 09:26 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post

NSA didn't need a warrant to catch Flynn/Manafort nor anybody else....

Of course they do, if it an American Citizen on either end of the phone. They have to show "Cause."

Also, no Laws where broken that we know of, since no Transcripts have been released. All we know is that Illegally obtained private information was recorded by illegal wire tap, for Political gain

Old 02-14-2017, 09:52 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Well, no they aren't.

But they ARE interesting, you have to admit.

I heard a radio interview recently with a retired career diplomat from the State Dept and he had a wonderful take on all these leaks.

According to him, the government professionals who work over a span of many presidential administrations and are not political office holders or appointees hold a strong resentment towards tRump and his entourage. Their bullying, belligerent attitude has earned them many enemies over the span of only three weeks.

These permanent govt professionals look on the tRump gang in the same way as 19th century European villagers looked at Napoleon's army when they arrived and would use their church as a stables and then pleasure themselves with their daughters and wives.

So, they'll gladly leak anything and everything that will embarrass these clods.

And the leaks leading to Flynn's removal are the kind that REALLY need to be publicized.

I expect this steady stream of insider info to continue for as long as tRump & Co remain.
A colorful and self-serving take.

Now read what more sober minds than yours think:

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...-michael-flynn

America's spies anonymously took down Michael Flynn. That is deeply worrying.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:00 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Well, we know how much trump likes leaks :-)
Heh heh. Aside from that, he does love Wiki Leaks and invited the Russians to find the 30K HRC emails. He said the press would greatly reward them. I guess that did not work out the way Trump thought it would.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:06 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times
Airing dirty laundry is all fun and games until it's your **** soaked face or muddied draws up for everyone to laugh at.

Reap what you sow. Enjoy

Old 02-14-2017, 10:14 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Don't worry- the Alt right fantasy news networks of Brietbart and Co. are reporting 'the real story'- the illegal leaks.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/14/medi...ump/index.html

That's right not the facts, not the real truth- the issue of information getting released and not kept hidden from the public.

Really.

FAKE NEWS!!

HA!HA!HA!HA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies