Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 12:44 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
Wow troller alert..
Troll? LOL. Without going into a lot of detail, I'm highly versed in gun laws, studies, and relevant court cases. Most media is incredibly biased when it comes to reporting on gun issues. I challenge you to look at actual studies and numbers - not media reports of the studies, but the studies themselves - and try to claim otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 01:19 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The search engine can be your friend rather than creating yet another dupe thread;

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post47103794

Old 02-15-2017, 02:02 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well it makes sense to move a gun from someone beforehand rather than waiting a year while it travels through the courts. Besides it's just gun restrictions, not impacting their livelihood.

We will need to hire some more judges and lawyers to get this underway, I don't hear much on the VA program and that has been in place for a year, I don't see that the GOP is addressing that also.
You have been here for a very long time, particularly in related to gun right debates. I would expect you have learned a thing or two.

Which part does it make any sense to you?

Regardless it's a gun or not, why would the government take anything away from an individual, who has acquired it legally, and then the individual must go to court to claim his or her innocence to get it back?

Our entire constitution was written specifically AGAINST this nonsense.

This is the basics of our live here in the United States but somehow, the Nazi or communist style action Obama took makes sense to you?

Seriously?

Old 02-15-2017, 02:04 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
Wow troller alert..
Troller alert on yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Great idea! Because why on earth would we want to limit gun sales to people with a documented history of mental health problems?!

God bless America
Do you people know anything about our country? Do you even read?

Old 02-15-2017, 04:53 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Liberal Govts are the best gun salesmen available.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:05 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Senate Republicans are set to repeal an Obama administration regulation that prevents individuals with mental health conditions from purchasing firearms. The Senate vote on a resolution of disapproval to scrap the rule is expected to happen about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The rule, which was implemented in December 2016, extended federal background checks for gun purchases by some Social Security recipients with mental disabilities. The Obama-era measure requires the Social Security Administration to report to the FBI’s background check system those individuals who receive disability benefits and have mental disorders. An estimated 75,000 beneficiaries are affected by the rule.
Senate poised to repeal Obama gun rule

Sounds like the smartest thing Obama came up with in his 8 years, but the M-O-R-O-N-S in this administration think it's a bad thing to prevent mental cases from getting guns, go figure!
Good! I read up on that and it definitely needed to be repealed. The example I read is the case where a woman is being threatened by her ex-husband. Anyone that has went through a tough divorce knows the dangers and horror involved. She gets a prescription for something to help sleep, anxiety, etc. and this triggers her to be considered having a mental illness and now, she would be unable to get a gun to protect herself. Trust me, this is a VERY serious issue!

Taking a psychiatric medication would eliminate that person's right to bear a weapon, any of these and I know they pass them out like candy, I do not take prescription medications but I care about our rights as US citizens, especially the right of someone to protect themselves: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ic_medications

Some of them are that I saw pushed on commercials: Abilify, Cymbalta, Librium, Paxil, Prozac, Wellbutrin

Old 02-15-2017, 05:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well it makes sense to move a gun from someone beforehand rather than waiting a year while it travels through the courts. Besides it's just gun restrictions, not impacting their livelihood.

We will need to hire some more judges and lawyers to get this underway, I don't hear much on the VA program and that has been in place for a year, I don't see that the GOP is addressing that also.
I didn't see Obama either except as he was walking out the door.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:32 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You have been here for a very long time, particularly in related to gun right debates. I would expect you have learned a thing or two.

Which part does it make any sense to you?

Regardless it's a gun or not, why would the government take anything away from an individual, who has acquired it legally, and then the individual must go to court to claim his or her innocence to get it back?

Our entire constitution was written specifically AGAINST this nonsense.

This is the basics of our live here in the United States but somehow, the Nazi or communist style action Obama took makes sense to you?

Seriously?
Couldn't rep you again, but the bolded/highlighted part is spot on. I don't understand why it's so hard to understand.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:34 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Senate Republicans are set to repeal an Obama administration regulation that prevents individuals with mental health conditions from purchasing firearms. The Senate vote on a resolution of disapproval to scrap the rule is expected to happen about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The rule, which was implemented in December 2016, extended federal background checks for gun purchases by some Social Security recipients with mental disabilities. The Obama-era measure requires the Social Security Administration to report to the FBI’s background check system those individuals who receive disability benefits and have mental disorders. An estimated 75,000 beneficiaries are affected by the rule.
Senate poised to repeal Obama gun rule

Sounds like the smartest thing Obama came up with in his 8 years, but the M-O-R-O-N-S in this administration think it's a bad thing to prevent mental cases from getting guns, go figure!
So the ban on guns for Medical marijuana users will be thrown out too? I hope so.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:39 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I think anybody agrees with Obama on this issue should be declared mentally ill as they clearly can't see the what is wrong here.

In case you are blind or ignorant:

DUE PROCESS!!!
Agreed. One person shouldn't be judge, jury, and executioner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies