Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 07:26 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times

Advertisements

Since it worked out so well today, are we going to see a few more days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 07:40 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
"Nationwide". RRIIIIGGHHTT!!!
I didn't notice any businesses shut down around here, but then I only went to three of them; a restaurant for breakfast and coffee with a radio group, the grocery store, and a medical supply house for CPAP supplies.
No protesters in the streets, no signs waving around, just another quiet day in greater downtown Billings.
Offhand I would say the "Day Without ILLEGAL Immigrants" was an abject failure locally.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:08 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
A child's home is with their parents. Regardless of where the child was born, they are to remain with their parents so if the parents have to leave, the child goes with them. Parents move with their children to other countries all the time, for example: military families, missionary families, and certain careers where dad or mom is relocated to a position in another country. It's not the end of the world as the most important thing for the mental well-being of a child is to not be separated or displaced from their mother and father or care-giver. If the parent has entered a country illegally and forced to leave the country, of course their children regardless if born in the home country or the illegal country goes with the parents. In the USA, children are not wards of the State, they belong to their parents. They will remain in the care of their parents until they reach legal age to make their own decisions. That age varies state to state. Point being, underage children of illegal immigrants will go with / remain with their parent(s).
Exactly, we all remember Elian Gonzalez.

He belonged with is father in Cuba, and he thrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I didn't notice any businesses shut down around here, but then I only went to three of them; a restaurant for breakfast and coffee with a radio group, the grocery store, and a medical supply house for CPAP supplies.
No protesters in the streets, no signs waving around, just another quiet day in greater downtown Billings.
Offhand I would say the "Day Without ILLEGAL Immigrants" was an abject failure locally.
I can top that.

I live in Southern CA, didn't even know it was going on until I got home and watched the news. Went to a few places, didn't see anything. And yes, this was in an area with a lot of Latinos.

Saw a small demonstration near downtown LA on the news.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:12 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
I don't employ illegals, so was unaffected.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:16 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Lamest "protest" ever. Plus Trump sucked away all the media attention with his presser. The MSM was so consumed with trying to soothe their hurt feelings by bashing Trump all day, so any news of the protests were pushed to a perfunctory last place.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:20 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
The illegals should really teach us a lesson and go back to their country of origin.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:22 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Was there some protest today? Didn't notice any effects.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:38 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

So tomorrow is the big day and I wonder how you folks on CD will be affected by the immigrant strike.

If you can get back to us on Friday with your examples of how you were inconvenienced or if you it made you feel that we can do without these people ( the illegals not the law abiding immigrants) let us know.
I didn't notice a thing. All they did was prove they're irrelevant.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:41 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
They won't do this again.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:03 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Since it worked out so well today, are we going to see a few more days?

365 a year, hopefully
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies