Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 07:34 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It certainly DOES have to do with the topic of this thread, and probably your post as well.

You just don't have an answer. That's okay.
Giving me props for using a certain word is relevant to this thread? Talk about La La Land!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 07:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I believe this is a planned coup by the Obama administration.
To what end?

And how would it work exactly?

Old 02-16-2017, 07:35 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Exactly.

Certainly no reason for Flynn to lie about simply wishing the Russian ambassador "Merry Christmas."
Let's stipulate that he was negotiating on behalf of Trump.

There is no law against that.

The only law is against negotiating on behalf of the existing government -- which at the time was the Obama Administration.

Flynn wasn't doing that.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Giving me props for using a certain word is relevant to this thread? Talk about La La Land!
I hope you're enjoying it there.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Let's stipulate that he was negotiating on behalf of Trump.

There is no law against that.

The only law is against negotiating on behalf of the existing government -- which at the time was the Obama Administration.

Flynn wasn't doing that.
One president and one administration at a time. Doesn't matter if it was January 19, 2017.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
One president and one administration at a time. Doesn't matter if it was January 19, 2017.
Flynn wasn't negotiating on behalf of Obama.

The Russians were well aware of that.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:46 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
There has to be something to blackmail him for.

So far, your side has given us nothing.

The Director of the NSA?

What does he have to do with this?

I never said she did.

But blackmail?

For what? Not telling

Pence everything he and the Russian ambassador had discussed?

Big deal.

How so?

Then it is up to that person to say why.
You can keep posting the same thing, but for people in the real world, the government is using FISA and US citizens talking to targets are subject to being monitored. Call it a loophole, but it is happening.

Again, people in the real world told Trump that Flynn has been compromised. What Flynn said on national television and told the VPOTUS, who repeated it on national television was in opposition to what he discussed discussed on the call with the ambassador. This can be used as blackmail. I'm not sure how it can be explained any simpler.

"Our side" does not have to "give" you anything. It what is actually being done and discussed that counts.

My apologies, NSC director.

Trump botched the situation because Yates told him weeks before Pence when on television about Flynn's conversation, yet he still let him go on television, knowing what he was going to say was false.
You can speculate, but these are facts, not alternate ones.

Up to what person? The one on the phone? They don't get to decide if their conversation was relevant to what the government was looking for.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:53 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
here's a good article on the topic:

https://lawfareblog.com/treatment-fl...ion-procedures

Old 02-16-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
You can keep posting the same thing, but for people in the real world, the government is using FISA and US citizens talking to targets are subject to being monitored. Call it a loophole, but it is happening.
The NSA can flag the conversation, but cannot listen to it without a FISA warrant if a private U.S. citizen is part of the conversation.

Don't complain to me about that being the way it works. The libs insisted on it, and so did a lot of conservatives after the Snowden leaks.

Quote:
Again, people in the real world told Trump that Flynn has been compromised. What Flynn said on national television and told the VPOTUS, who repeated it on national television was in opposition to what he discussed discussed on the call with the ambassador. This can be used as blackmail. I'm not sure how it can be explained any simpler.
So I mislead my boss, and now the Russkies are demanding stuff from me?

You can't be serious.

Quote:
"Our side" does not have to "give" you anything.
You do if you expect to be taken seriously.

Quote:
Trump botched the situation because Yates told him weeks before Pence when on television about Flynn's conversation, yet he still let him go on television, knowing what he was going to say was false.
You can speculate, but these are facts, not alternate ones.
Sorry, those are not the facts.

Quote:
Up to what person? The one on the phone? They don't get to decide if their conversation was relevant to what the government was looking for.
The FISA court decides that. If there was no FISA warrant, then the intel agencies broke the law.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Flynn wasn't negotiating on behalf of Obama.

The Russians were well aware of that.
You're right. And Obama was the president...not Tramp. ONE president and ONE administration at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies