Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 02:41 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, congratulations, you are free to mooch your healthcare off the backs of other people again.
What do you call a trillion dollars in subsidies EVERY YEAR? That is not mooching off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 02:41 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
James Madison (known as the Father of the Constitution because he wrote most of it) said,
Quote:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

Old 02-17-2017, 02:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
You'll hear no argument from me that contradicts this. The thing you WILL hear (and have heard) me argue is that if I must pay for my own in order to use a product or service, such as medical insurance, then to demand I pay for that same product or service for someone else is THEFT.
I don't think you should pay any differently than how we fund bridges. I do NOT support Obamacare. I do support health care for all. You would not pay $10,000 a year while others pay nothing.

Quote:
I won't argue the importance of the product or service. I AM willing to wager you've NEVER paid, out of your own pocket like I have, for the medical care or prescriptions of someone who isn't a family member or somehow a friend, just out of the goodness of your heart. But you sure are more than willing to demand to STEAL from me, preventing me from helping more than I already do, in order to rid yourself of the guilt associated with not helping others from your own money and resources.
If I got what I wanted you would not have to pay for these others that go without.

Quote:
When you demand a right to reach into the pockets of others to provide benevolence (charity), you are nothing more than a thief. I don't care how noble you think yourself, how much good you proclaim you are doing... To demand a right to steal from another via taxes to pay for your idea of benevolence is THEFT.
Health care is no more a charity than bridges IMO. It's something that a society just does.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What do you call a trillion dollars in subsidies EVERY YEAR? That is not mooching off?
How much are you kicking in for the deficits we are creating with the wars? I think as a society we should look after the health of the people before running up deficits to fund the Wall Street war machine.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't think you should pay any differently than how we fund bridges. I do NOT support Obamacare. I do support health care for all. You would not pay $10,000 a year while others pay nothing.

If I got what I wanted you would not have to pay for these others that go without.

Health care is no more a charity than bridges IMO. It's something that a society just does.

Again, I'm willing to wager you have NEVER paid for the healthcare or prescriptions of another, out of your OWN pocket like "I" have, unless they were a family member or friend.

You are NOT a noble person. You aren't even an admirable person... NOT when you advocate STEALING from others in order to provide as you proclaim "society just does" yet NEVER have done so yourself.

By what RIGHT do you demand to reach into MY pocket in order to provide your concept of benevolence (charity) for others? By what RIGHT?

James Madison (known as the Father of the Constitution because he wrote most of it) said,
Quote:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

Old 02-17-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Again, I'm willing to wager you have NEVER paid for the healthcare or prescriptions of another, out of your OWN pocket like "I" have, unless they were a family member or friend.
I'm not questioning how great of a person you are.

Quote:
You are NOT a noble person. You aren't even an admirable person... NOT when you advocate STEALING from others in order to provide as you proclaim "society just does" yet NEVER have done yourself.
It's not about me. I could come up with this story or that story (which are already posted here) and it's irrelevant and means nothing. People can post whatever claims they wish. It's not about me.

Quote:
By what RIGHT do you demand to reach into MY pocket in order to provide your concept of benevolence (charity) for others? By what RIGHT?
The same one that gives you the right to take from mine to build a bridge.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not questioning how great of a person you are.

It's not about me. I could come up with this story or that story (which are already posted here) and it's irrelevant and means nothing. People can post whatever claims they wish. It's not about me.

The same one that gives you the right to take from mine to build a bridge.

I do NOT require you to pay for your own bridge, then turn around and tax you to pay for other people to use that bridge.

But as always, all you collectivism people can come up with is, "What about muh roads and muh bridges."

You are openly advocating THEFT. I'll tell you what. Come pound on my door and attempt to collect (TAKE) your theft in person and see what happens. Tell me its for that person down the road who needs a liver transplant, then please TRY to take that money from me. See where that gets you.

Quote:

Old 02-17-2017, 03:09 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
About the fish anti-biotics. They do work, they are sold as fish-mox (500mg amoxicillin) and fish-pen (penicillin). Until recently, you could get the over the counter at Walmart, about $12.99 for 100 capsules. They were the EXACT same thing you would get with a prescription. I was skeptical, until reading that groups like the Pacific coast trail club recommended you carry them on long distance hikes if you got I'll and were days away from reaching medical attention.
I heard good things and then I read this: "The chemical composition is, and the major fillers may be the same. But there is a reason why fish amoxi is going to be cheaper than human amoxi: they don't have to keep to the same standards of composition, packaging, storage and shipping. It is not going to be like changing from Oscar Meyer to Johnsonville wieners on a meant-for-human-consumption assembly line."

"Unless you want to subscribe to the government / drug companies all being in some sort of big conspiracy, it is simply intellectually foolish, unwise, and potentially dangerous to sidestep medical oversight in taking this, or any other medication."

And this: "Yes, they are the same exact pill. as long as you buy them from the USA; you are taking exactly the same thing be it dogs, humans, fish, birds, and so on. The FDA requires that pills with the same "number" and "color" not be marketed as anything else. BECAUSE if you accidentally take one, your dog does, you baby, or whatever... when you call the poison control center they need to be able to identify what was ingested. I have taken Pill form and capsule. Even the capsule had the code WC 731 for amoxicillin."

So, quite interesting reading..... I had never heard of this before. So armourereric.... you never had any bad side effects?

Old 02-17-2017, 03:27 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Bravo Mr. President!
Yet anther promised fulfilled!

Yes! And many, many more!!

Old 02-17-2017, 03:33 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
What I want to know is: With this EO, do we no longer need to file the 1099H? Do we ignore any IRS questions about health coverage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies