Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2017, 12:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
cool story, but you got nothing, to back that up at all.... nothing , nada. Nothing. you may as well be saying puppies rule the moon.
Maddow backed one of the most bought off corrupt politicians to ever run for the office. She has no right to complain and this hypocrisy is the reason the (D)'s lost the House, Senate, White House and soon the Supreme Court for years.

I voted Stein, I am not a Trump supporter but I know what the people want. They want a real alternative. Not the same with a different letter after their name.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:03 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Yep I hear you about highly partisan sources. No question that Maddow has some intensely held progressive viewpoints. But I will at least give her the time of day because she brings some logic and reasoning and data to her arguments, whereas Limbaugh's shtick is laughably exaggerated fantasy land most of the time. Used to listen to him until I figured out there was no "there there".
Though I could do without all the repetition, I appreciate the way Maddow develops a subject with background information to bring a more in-depth, as well as broader, perspective to a story than is typically found on news programs.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 02-21-2017 at 12:23 PM..

Old 02-21-2017, 12:04 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's clear to any non-partisan, rational thinker that there was a conspiracy between Trump and Russia. There is no other explanation for Trump's behavior towards Putin and the people Trump chose to be his closest advisors.

One piece is missing, and that's the quid pro quo, the big payoff. What were Trump and/or his cronies going to get in exchange for lifting the sanctions? The answer to that question may be sitting on the desk of an FBI or CIA agent, currently being covered up and squelched on orders from higher up.

Trump administration 'had a secret plan to lift Russian sanctions' and cede Ukraine territory to Moscow
Senior Trump aides met with an opposition politician from Ukraine in New York

Trump administration 'had a secret plan to lift Russian sanctions' and cede Ukraine territory to Moscow | The Independent
That excludes Democrats then, doesn't it?

Old 02-21-2017, 12:06 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Though I could do without all the repetition, I appreciate the way Maddow develops a subject, bringing in fascinating background information to bring a more in-depth, as well as broader, perspective to a story than is typically found on news programs.
With a definite liberal spin to it.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:14 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Probably blackmail.
Yup they must have something(s) on the president.

He refuses to condemn Russia or Putin and the NYT really exposes a part of it.

The media has to keep up the hard work.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:26 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Its like a bowling alley snack bar where some dozen or so regulars fume about Trump and breath recirculated air.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:27 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
With a definite liberal spin to it.
True enough at times.

How is that reporting on Trump's Russian connections is liberal spin?

Old 02-21-2017, 12:31 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Maddow backed one of the most bought off corrupt politicians to ever run for the office. She has no right to complain and this hypocrisy is the reason the (D)'s lost the House, Senate, White House and soon the Supreme Court for years.

I voted Stein, I am not a Trump supporter but I know what the people want. They want a real alternative. Not the same with a different letter after their name.
Did you really think Stein or Johnson would win?

Hope you enjoy POTUS Trump's appointments.

Unlike Jill Stein some of us did not think Billary would be more likely to drop the bomb.

You might consider researching where the Greens get their funding in a couple of states

Old 02-21-2017, 12:57 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Did you really think Stein or Johnson would win?
As far as I'm concerned, they did. I'm interested in voting for the best candidate. Between Trump and Hillary there was no winning. You make the mistake in thinking that those who didn't vote for Hillary see her as the lesser evil.

Quote:
Hope you enjoy POTUS Trump's appointments.
To me they would have been no different than Hillary's.

Quote:
Unlike Jill Stein some of us did not think Billary would be more likely to drop the bomb.

You might consider researching where the Greens get their funding in a couple of states
You have no standing in telling me to research where a candidates funding come from. It means absolutely nothing. It's worthless.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:58 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
God... as much as I want to know the story, I don't know if I can stand to listen to 21 minutes of that maniacal, sing-song babbling. I'm 8 minutes in and haven't heard a thing that couldn't have been condensed down to about 2 minutes. How many times is she going to repeat the words "ostriches" and "gold toilets?" We get it, the guy was eccentric. Stick to the damned point.

I'm going to wait and see if this appears in a print version in a day or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies