Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:39 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Trump yesterday...
And I can tell you, speaking for myself, I own nothing in Russia. I have no loans in Russia. I don't have any deals in Russia. President Putin called me up very nicely to congratulate me on the win of the election.

He then, called me up extremely nicely to congratulate me on the inauguration, which was terrific. But so did many other leaders, almost all other leaders from almost all of the country. So that's the extent.

Russia is fake news. Russia -- this is fake news put out by the media.

Who did collude with Russia? Trump yesterday...

We had Hillary Clinton give Russia 20 percent of the uranium in our country. You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons like lots of things are done with uranium including some bad things.

Nobody talks about that. I didn't do anything for Russia. I've done nothing for Russia. Hillary Clinton gave them 20 percent of our uranium.
It is time to see a proof I think. This news has been going on for some time. So far we only saw some links to some Russian channel trying to influence elections. But who is watching this channel in PA, MI and WI. Today another German agency said there is no proof they are interfering into their elections. But they want another investigation.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:43 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Because its fake news. They are running on the fumes of click bait trying to keep their dwindling audience from going out among the English. They should probably start donating to meals on wheels and making sure their subscribers have box fans in the summer.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:46 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
At first, I thought it was an inside media joke of some kind. But recently, it seems that the liberal mainstream media will do whatever it takes to "prove" that there is some secret collusion between Donald Trump and the Russian government. .

It's already proven ,this might take Trump out of office ,hopefully!

Old 02-17-2017, 10:47 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Reading all these these posts by Putinsts finally coming out of the closet is so heartwarming.

I admire nothing more than seeing people stand in their truth.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:49 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
This entire thing goes back to Trump making a joke about Russia checking Hillary's email. This entire insanity has been built up from that single joke. It's an honest-to-God, modern day political witch hunt based on a single comment.

Last edited by Dockside; 02-17-2017 at 11:23 AM..

Old 02-17-2017, 10:50 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Because Mother Russia has always been the Bogyman. So there for a great tool for the left to propose a narrative.

Two reasons...

1. it's all they have left after the recounts and trying to swing electors.

2. they can speculate and even accuse the Trump team without any real evidence because any real evidence would be classified.

They don't have to prove Trump guilty and Trump can never prove himself innocent.

It's a perfect example of fake news.

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Well, it doesn't really matter what country hacked our election, ties to that country by the winner of said election would be heavily scrutinized. Especially after that candidate publicly called on that country to hack his opponent.

Russia has a corrupt leader who is happy to oblige. Who has stifled dissent at home, and killed political enemies. Who has long attempted to crack the partnership enjoyed by the West, and who isn't generally known to be trustworthy.
What part of he won and there was no hacking that led to election fraud or had any influence on the outcome do some has so much accepting?

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
There is nothing alleged... the media has been spinning it and letting you make innuendos because they have nothing... media has been trying make everyone a conspiracy theorist and fail...

Old 02-17-2017, 10:52 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
At first, I thought it was an inside media joke of some kind. But recently, it seems that the liberal mainstream media will do whatever it takes to "prove" that there is some secret collusion between Donald Trump and the Russian government.

Why are they doing this? And why Russia in particular? Why not all the other countries that Trump has dealings with?

I'm really confused on this one.
Because Liberalism is a mental illness and they are off their rockers. This phantasm is now in their playbook.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:56 AM

5,249 posts, read 3,604,666 times
Because Russia is the #2 nuclear power in the world & is essentially the border of the "western world", that part of the world that we generally identify with in terms of culture, ideas & background. Russia has a distinct culture & background that is much more based on strength & power than our reason & negotiation tendencies (this is real general for succinctness).

Under Putin, the past leader of the KGB who has directly ordered individual people to be killed, Russia is once again asserting it's strength to us (NATO) by forcibly marching in, killing civilians & taking over a part of the independent country Ukraine known as Crimea, shot down a passenger plane over Crimea, went into Syria ostensibly in the fight "against ISIS" & deliberately targeted schools, hospitals & civilian apartment buildings with bombs, what we would consider atrocities & war crimes, in order to assert the government of Assad who is now in debt to Russia.

Ukraine & the Baltic countries are very nervous right now with the build up of Russian troops near their borders & Russia's assertions that they are Russian territories, not western ones.

Russia last year hacked into the Democrats political party servers & released emails to influence the US elections, Obama put trade restrictions on them in retaliation for the cyber attack which crimped their economy since their only real asset is petroleum, Trump has repeated many times he would lift these.

In just this past week they have launched a missile in direct violation of an arms treaty, buzzed US navy vessels with fighter jets several times & right now there is a large Russian navy spy ship off the east coast of the US near where our nuclear subs pass.

When the second largest nuclear power in the world is acting aggressively & deliberately taunting the largest nuclear power it is a potentially dangerous situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies