Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:34 PM

29,184 posts, read 22,227,289 times

Advertisements

Sounds like the OP has a big-boy crush on our new first lady.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:13 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,889,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I have always advocated that anyone who wants to tie the can to Trump's tail should follow the money...
And this post so specifically does offer one aspect of that fiscal relationship...

I guess Deutsch Bank was likely "investing" some of those Russians ill gotten gains and suffered significant losses which the Russians were not going to just write off on their income taxes...they wanted reembursement which involved laundering the monies before they were clean enough to pass scrutiny...

More has come to light or more confusion as come to light about the "proposed sanction plan" that Trump's personal attorney and 2 others left w/Flynn...

They are just adding more people to fall under the FISA warrants IMO...
Frankly, Deutsche Bank had 'bigger fish to fry' & proceeded to do so. So-called President was, as usual, a bit player opportunist, con & bs artist. At least Deutsche Bank acknowledged their deceitful practices:

Quote:
...“Our conduct in this matter, which occurred from 2005 to 2007, falls short of our standards and is unacceptable,” Deutsche Bank chief executive John Cryan said. “We apologise unreservedly for it. We have subsequently exited many of the underlying activities and comprehensively improved our standards. As we enter 2017, we are pleased to have resolved this matter.” ...

“This misconduct, combined with that of other banks we have already settled with, hurt our economy and threatened the banking system,” said Benjamin Mizer, the principal deputy assistant attorney general and head of the Justice Department’s civil division. “To make matters worse, the bank’s conduct encouraged shoddy mortgage underwriting and improvident lending that caused borrowers to lose their homes they couldn’t pay their loans.” ...

Deutsche Bank agreed to pay $7.2bn (£5.4bn) in the US for its illegal conduct and “irresponsible lending practices” before the financial crisis, the Justice Department said on Tuesday.

“This resolution holds Deutsche Bank accountable for its illegal conduct and irresponsible lending practices, which caused serious and lasting damage to investors and the American public,” Attorney General Loretta Lynch said in a written statement. “Deutsche Bank did not merely mislead investors: It contributed directly to an international financial crisis.” ...
Deutsche Bank agrees to pay US £5.8bn fine over role in subprime mortgage crisis | The Independent

It's worth noting not one American financial institution has ever admitted any wrongdoing, responsibility, failure, mistakes, etc. & they're sure as hell not bloody likely to change, they consider fines as a cost of doing business, factor it into their business models & move on. & the 'Washington consensus' i.e. the libertarian economic policies? consider them to be some sortof heroes. It's ludicrous.

Teflon Don is ridiculous as well - still wants to con folks into believing he's a successful businessman. It's ludicrous.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:22 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,962,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
At first, I thought it was an inside media joke of some kind. But recently, it seems that the liberal mainstream media will do whatever it takes to "prove" that there is some secret collusion between Donald Trump and the Russian government.

Why are they doing this? And why Russia in particular? Why not all the other countries that Trump has dealings with?

I'm really confused on this one.

It seems that they are also doing what they can to highlight things that Pence has been saying to make it look as though he and Trump are either completely out of sync or at odds.

They are really still just trying to sabotage Trump .. oh dear .. that is not news!

Somehow I have a LOT of problem right now believing that Pence is trying to anything he can to make the President look bad so something HAS to be out of context.

Why Russia? I think that is because Obama and Clinton were at odds with Russia - and we are fighting Russia because of them in Syria and it was a HUGE issue about to blow up in our faces. Trump is doing what he can to deal with Russia so we can edge out (I hope) of that tricky Syrian thing but it is all very complicated.

The Dems were calling out Russia during our election to try to make Trump's job harder (if he won .. they didn't, I think, realize at the time he WOULD win, mind you). They continued afterward however because they want to do anything they can to make sure Trump can't look good or really accomplish anything in terms of foreign policy - and I am sure they don't want the world to know how badly Obama and Hillary screwed it up either. It is either that or they just didn't even realize what a dangerous situation they had created .. but somehow I don't think it is that.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:30 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,889,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
At first, I thought it was an inside media joke of some kind. But recently, it seems that the liberal mainstream media will do whatever it takes to "prove" that there is some secret collusion between Donald Trump and the Russian government.

Why are they doing this? And why Russia in particular? Why not all the other countries that Trump has dealings with?

I'm really confused on this one.
It might be worth your while to consider why American banks considered Mr. Trump to be such a bad risk & would no longer loan him money for his schemes.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:01 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,409,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Maddow broke the Flit water crisis

[youtube]
no she/it didn't...

Curt Guyette, investigative reporter for the ACLU of Michigan did

and LeeAnne Walters... a MOM wanting to Protect Her Kids From Contaminated Water

Madcow couldn't break open a paperbag

Old 02-21-2017, 10:05 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,409,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater66 View Post
I do and so do my intelligent friends.

She has the best research team in the business and has more balls to confront the truth than all the nasty white men in the Republucan Party.
all she has is sarcasm and Sinicism

her smirking face is a disgrace to journalism

the two worst PMSNBC 'personalities' were madcow and olberpuppy... olberpuppy got fired
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.