Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 11:29 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Wow, three pages and no one gave the right answer. The reason the press, some Republicans, Democrats, and the intelligence community are interested in Russia is:

1) there is very strong evidence that Russia hacked computers to hurt Hillary Clinton by her private e-mails

2) there is circumstantial evidence that Trump and his associates may have cut a deal to lift the economic sanctions in exchange for business opportunities. Self-dealing is corruption and a serious impeachable crime. It is known that Exxon's CEO Tillerson has large oil contracts in Russia on hold until the sanctions are lifted. This is a direct conflict of interest.

3) it has been reported that the Russian government has damaging information about Trump, making him vulnerable to blackmail.

If the press can unearth information to confirm these things, it would set up a scandal bigger than Watergate, possibly including impeachment. It would be a huge story so that's why the press keeps sniffing around.
2 and 3 are nonsense because they are all based on number 1 and no evidence of any hacking has ever been proven. That's the whole framework of lies the Democrats and the MSM base their accusations on.

And it doesn't matter how many times you accuse the Russians of hacking or how you frame the statement or who you quote. It's never been proven. Sailors used to claim strong evidence the world was flat. How'd that work out. This is nothing but a political witch hunt and you people are desperate to believe it.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:32 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,448 times
Quote:
Wow, three pages and no one gave the right answer. The reason the press, some Republicans, Democrats, and the intelligence community are interested in Russia is:

1) there is very strong evidence that Russia hacked computers to hurt Hillary Clinton by her private e-mails

2) there is circumstantial evidence that Trump and his associates may have cut a deal to lift the economic sanctions in exchange for business opportunities. Self-dealing is corruption and a serious impeachable crime. It is known that Exxon's CEO Tillerson has large oil contracts in Russia on hold until the sanctions are lifted. This is a direct conflict of interest.

3) it has been reported that the Russian government has damaging information about Trump, making him vulnerable to blackmail.

If the press can unearth information to confirm these things, it would set up a scandal bigger than Watergate, possibly including impeachment. It would be a huge story so that's why the press keeps sniffing around.
We need a proof about this Russian connection. If there is something in it and it happened during Obama time, there was no way Trump getting away from it. Even people like Glen Greenwald will be all over it. This is his latest interview about all this Russian stuff which I already linked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY1MiNfwcRg

Old 02-17-2017, 11:39 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
At first, I thought it was an inside media joke of some kind. But recently, it seems that the liberal mainstream media will do whatever it takes to "prove" that there is some secret collusion between Donald Trump and the Russian government.

Why are they doing this? And why Russia in particular? Why not all the other countries that Trump has dealings with?

I'm really confused on this one.
Didn't you get the memo? Treason is a pretty serious crime in the US. We need to make sure it hasn't happened because we can't take Trump's word on it or anything else.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:45 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The answer has little to do with Russia. The fact is for the left which includes the MSM, this was a 9/11 attack.

Thomas Friedman even said that in an NYT OpEd. He isn't the only one. others have said it to.

Consider what the left lost. Obamacare is dying and that was the goal. with the election of one more democrat, they would have been able to say they "tried" to keep it in the private sector but now its time to go full on Government controlled single payer healthcare.

DOCA was step one in legalizing and granting citizenship to 30 million illegal aliens. you do that and no republican gets elected to anything for more than a generation.

Then there is SCOTUS. with Scalia's death, there are just 3 Conservatives on the court and 1 swing voting moderate. with 4 reliable liberals, replacing Scalia with a Progressive they control the court for a generation...or more... Thomas has said he is thinking of retirement. that would be another PROG replacement of a conservative, and that leaves just 2. then there is Kennedy who is quite old that is a swing voting moderate. replace him and poof the court is hard left and very young... with the exception of Ginsburg who might be persuaded to step down, or whose health might require it. that leaves 6 justices who are hard left under 60 most below 55. and only 2 Conservatives.

This election stopped the Progressive Tidal wave. They almost won every single point for the next 20 years. But they lost. And everything they almost got is fading fast.

imagine a world where the SCOTUS replaces Scalia with another Scalia, Kennedy with another Alito, gets younger at the Thomas position and replace Ginsburg with at the least a Kennedy or Roberts clone.
all the sudden its another generation before the left has a shot at SCOTUS.

THIS IS WHY THE LEFT IS OBSESSED WITH RUSSIA

Spot on

Old 02-17-2017, 11:58 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:

It's one thing for the press to report that if it exists.

It's totally something else to perpetuate a myth to this point.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:10 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's one thing for the press to report that if it exists.

It's totally something else to perpetuate a myth to this point.
Perpetuate a myth?

Good grief. Trump "perpetuated" several myths just yesterday. Was reported on all the news.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:10 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
2 and 3 are nonsense because they are all based on number 1 and no evidence of any hacking has ever been proven.
You should check out CrowdStrike's report, then. These guys put their company's reputation on the line.

https://www.crowdstrike.com/blog/bea...nal-committee/

If they're not telling the truth, they're some pretty damn smart liars.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:11 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Trump yesterday...
And I can tell you, speaking for myself, I own nothing in Russia. I have no loans in Russia. I don't have any deals in Russia. President Putin called me up very nicely to congratulate me on the win of the election.

He then, called me up extremely nicely to congratulate me on the inauguration, which was terrific. But so did many other leaders, almost all other leaders from almost all of the country. So that's the extent.

Russia is fake news. Russia -- this is fake news put out by the media.

Who did collude with Russia? Trump yesterday...

We had Hillary Clinton give Russia 20 percent of the uranium in our country. You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons like lots of things are done with uranium including some bad things.

Nobody talks about that. I didn't do anything for Russia. I've done nothing for Russia. Hillary Clinton gave them 20 percent of our uranium.
Except of course that Trump was lying about the latter.

Donald Trump claims — falsely — that Hillary Clinton gave Russia 20% of US uranium

And chances are he was lying about the former, but since he insists of keeping his taxes and financial records secret, we won't know for sure. I guess we can only assume he was saying yesterday that his son was a liar when he said

Quote:
“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” Trump’s son told a real estate conference in 2008, according to an account posted on the website of eTurboNews, a trade publication. “We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.a624074b5249

Old 02-17-2017, 12:12 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
At first, I thought it was an inside media joke of some kind. But recently, it seems that the liberal mainstream media will do whatever it takes to "prove" that there is some secret collusion between Donald Trump and the Russian government.

Why are they doing this? And why Russia in particular? Why not all the other countries that Trump has dealings with?

I'm really confused on this one.
Uhh.........because our intelligence agencies have information showing a connection between Trump and Russia.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:16 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Uhh.........because our intelligence agencies have information showing a connection between Trump and Russia.

OK, where is it? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies