Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 03:54 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It is highly probable the per capita rate would go down too. Poor people tend to be engaged in almost all sorts of blue collar crime at higher rates. Your white trailer park trash more likely to get a DUI than your white suburbanite.
Like I said - it's possible that the claim is true.

My issue was that no actual statistics were given to back up that claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 03:56 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Like I said - it's possible that the claim is true.

My issue was that no actual statistics were given to back up that claim.
You need "actual statistics" to convince you that people who aren't here won't commit crimes here? Ok.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:00 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
It is highly probable the per capita rate would go down too. Poor people tend to be engaged in almost all sorts of blue collar crime at higher rates. Your white trailer park trash more likely to get a DUI than your white suburbanite.
Yup. If we rounded up all the poor, white trash and deported them, crime would also go down. By a huge amount. There are more of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You need "actual statistics" to convince you that people who aren't here won't commit crimes here? Ok.
I need actual statistics to show that the rate in DUIs would decrease if "illegals" were deported. It's possible - sure. But it's not "fact" unless the data bears that out.

Do you have said data?

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Yup. If we rounded up all the poor, white trash and deported them, crime would also go down. By a huge amount. There are more of them.

Note: I am NOT suggesting we do this.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:01 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,784,549 times
Why are certain people not making a bigger issue of driving drunk. I checked back and there's barely any threads on the problem of drunk driving. You would think that there were more threads on the tragic lost of life from this, but yet there's not, at least until an illegal alien does it.

Are non illegal drunk drivers acceptable on here????????????

Old 02-21-2017, 04:11 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Lots of illegals are driving, with and without driver's licenses, and never kill a soul. Why? Because they're NOT DRUNK.

It's not the illegality that causes the killing - it's the ALCOHOL.
And you are deliberately missing the point. Drunk or not, that illegal alien has no business being here. If she wasn't here, that man would still be alive.

I can't believe that you are attempting to defend the presence of illegals in this country.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:13 PM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
To be honest, the fact that it was a DUI death is more relevant than the fact that the driver was an illegal alien, at least in reality world. And would it been just as significant to conservatives if it had been an old Black man or a Rabbi who had been killed as a Christian missionary?
if just one life could have been saved! is the democrats mantra when it comes to gun control. How about an illegal alien killing an innocent citizen while drunk driving?

Obviously you miss the point.

A drunk should not be driving and a drunk illegal alien shouldn't have been driving and should not have been in this country. A pattern has been developed where illegal aliens are driving drunk and killing innocents. what would be the first step to prevent such a tragedy? If you guessed keeping illehal aliens out of the country and deporting them, you'd be right.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And you are deliberately missing the point. Drunk or not, that illegal alien has no business being here. If she wasn't here, that man would still be alive.

I can't believe that you are attempting to defend the presence of illegals in this country.
It's not a defense of the person being here. It's an explanation of what actually caused the tragic accident. Namely, drunk driving.

Should the person have been deported previously? Probably, yeah (I don't have the facts on them, so can't say).

But it's not that person's mere presence that was the issue here - it was that this person was driving DRUNK and caused this terrible accident.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
if just one life could have been saved! is the democrats mantra when it comes to gun control. How about an illegal alien killing an innocent citizen while drunk driving?

Obviously you miss the point.

A drunk should not be driving and a drunk illegal alien shouldn't have been driving and should not have been in this country. A pattern has been developed where illegal aliens are driving drunk and killing innocents. what would be the first step to prevent such a tragedy? If you guessed keeping illehal aliens out of the country and deporting them, you'd be right.
There's a pattern developing that "illegal aliens are driving drunk and killing innocents"? Do you have data to support that statement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies