Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 12:48 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times

Advertisements

I'm a liberal, and it's embarrassing when I see other liberals resorting to name calling.

We do have valid points. But it makes it difficult for us to be taken seriously when many of us resort to name calling and other childish antics.

As an aside, I also don't think constant mention of polls is helpful either. No matter how much I disagree with someone, I'd rather they change their stance because they see the logic in doing so -- not because of peer pressure. Popularity contests shouldn't be relevant.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:55 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
The fact is that this old great-grandmother

(1) - Does not approve of any citizens, men or women, carrying firearms

(2) - There's nothing wrong with my hearing and I know what I heard Trump say about the women he abused

(3) - Both Trump and Clinton have made legal settlements because of their sexual abuses of women.

and I'll add one more for you

(4) - I think prostitution should be legalized for the protection of women's rights over their own bodies and in their choice of livelihood if they want to be employed as prostitutes.

I don't think I'm a misogynistic woman but in this thread already I have seen the comments of a couple of misogynistic women who do seem to condone the abuse of women if it suits their own political stances.

1. If you choose to be in the position to be victimized, that is your choice. I'm not sure why you feel it's important for others, especially women, to be helpless against victimization.

2. Yes, your hearing may be fine, but you probably listened to what Democrats wanted you to hear. If you can read, the transcript clearly shows that he was talking about a consenting groupie.

3. I may be ignorant of a Trump settlement. Can you post a link?

4. I think the government has no business outlawing prostitution.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:00 PM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you don't want people to have rights? Wow!

equal absolutely --but you don't need to decide for me-- its should just be a given--period!

Old 02-16-2017, 01:00 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,006,450 times
I'm not interested enough to go looking for links. Am done here. I think I'll get a better response if I just go bang my head against a brick wall.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I'm not interested enough to go looking for links. Am done here. I think I'll get a better response if I just go bang my head against a brick wall.

Lol, yeah ok.

Trump never settled a sexual harassment suit.

Trump was talking about a consenting groupie.

Now go get your shine kit.

If you try to make up stuff, be prepared to be called out on it.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
First, there are places where many woman can't carry a pistol because the politician who must sign off on carry permits only does so for friends and political reasons.

Second, you have some labels mixed up. Trump said that he could grab the privates of a consenting groupie, while Clinton paid to settle with the employee he exposed himself to. So, apparently it's liberal politicians you might be concerned about.

What?? where can't a woman carry? or have a concealment license ?? where in the US?? I wouldn't mention it here on CD Id be calling the justice dept. and every news caster in the nation -- give it up Pedro, where-

Old 02-16-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm a liberal, and it's embarrassing when I see other liberals resorting to name calling.

We do have valid points. But it makes it difficult for us to be taken seriously when many of us resort to name calling and other childish antics.

As an aside, I also don't think constant mention of polls is helpful either. No matter how much I disagree with someone, I'd rather they change their stance because they see the logic in doing so -- not because of peer pressure. Popularity contests shouldn't be relevant.

Trumpettes is a sweet nickname- I don't consider it nasty- just refers to the hard-line Trump followers- which are not just plain ole republicans.. they different- like the tea party-

Old 02-16-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
What?? where can't a woman carry? or have a concealment license ?? where in the US?? I wouldn't mention it here on CD Id be calling the justice dept. and every news caster in the nation -- give it up Pedro, where-
Ruling on concealed weapons keeps applications on hold

Old 02-16-2017, 01:17 PM

18,715 posts, read 7,595,563 times
Why are people so offended by the term "trumpettes"?

They're not. Normal people pay no attention to such frippery.

The people calling the names aren't important enough to waste attention on.

My guess is, the namecallers are unhappy over being ignored, so they post whiny threads about "Look how much attention you're paying to me! Here, look now! Hey, over here!!!"

Old 02-16-2017, 06:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yes. Abortion is better. Planned, responsible pregnancy is best yet.

I am not sure who "them" is and what tax credits you think may apply to "them".

You obviously have no idea what "most conservatives" believe. Many of us are pro choice. Nearly all of us are simply anti-Democrat. So here's the question:
How many insulted anti-Democrats will be converted to Democrat as a result of name calling
See why you keep losing?
But the issue is there are far more and more conservatives bemoaning welfare recipients including those who benefit from WIC. My post was merely saying you can't please BOTH crowds of the conservative side of the spectrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.