Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 06:20 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Tldr, but "bigotry" claims are most often used by one political group to pressure another political group to not fight the first group's political aims.

Because this is how it is used, it is bound eventually to fail as an accusation and strategy. How do I know? Because it barely skates by now. Groups have to either invent or continuously promote sob story narratives just so that they can call someone else a bigot on occasion, and thus reduce political resistance, but people are fast tiring of this nasty system and, moreover, the system is beginning to be utilized to repress political opposition by oppressors. Thus, the flaws in this system of political manipulation are showing, and its ridiculousness will be what assures its continued downfall. See this:

https://qz.com/908922/chinese-studen...uation-speech/

Tick, tock liberals. Your primary tactic is fast aging-out.
Ahhhhhh....but when I gave political conservatives the opportunity to argue, concerning race, without implying innate racial superiority or inferiority to explain big socioeconomic gaps between race, no one could or would do it. Conservatives often say that liberals are always calling racism when they are losing a debate with the right. However, I have yet to hear or read a debate concerning race, but the right, that does not meet the official definition of racism, implicitly.

In light of that, I think the strategy has been for the right to discredit the claim by focusing on those claims that are bogus and ignoring the those which are valid. I mean, claims are not 100%, but that is the standard the right tries to hold in order to discredit racism. If 99% of the claims are accurate, hypothetically, the right would focus on that 1%, over and over and over to try to make that false claim define the general rule for the whole. There is NO SHORTAGE of validated studies showing that racism is alive and well, but you NEVER hear someone from the right acknowledge any of those studies. That is because, as you say, there is indeed a strategy....but that strategy is on the right and you just project that they left is doing the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 09:37 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I may be wrong but I don't think I am. My bet is that the biggest holdup to improving oneself in the slums is not what outsiders say about a child but the lack of acceptance from ones peers when one starts to improve. These are the children who end up being beat up and bullied. There needs to be a neighborhood attitude change.

I know a person who was basically kicked out of a majorly black school as principal. I read in the newspaper one black school board member said that this person needed to learn how to be a principal to black children as if there were a difference between black and white children. I knew this person enough to know she did not make a difference between races of people. She was running her school to the betterment of all the children. He did a disservice to every child in that school. She was later found to be the best principal in her state after she moved on up to better circumstances in her field. There is now a "Dr." in front of her name. The school board trying to cuddle his little black children and make sure they feel good about themselves without putting forth any effort and living off the rest of us is still just as ignorant as he has always been.
On the bold, since the 1980s when a majority of blacks lived in inner city ghettos (created due to institutional racism) more black people have become educated and have "escaped" slums than ever before.

I am living proof of this, as is a majority of the black kids I went to school with and graduated with from high school.

All kids have the potential to get bullied and it is a myth that black kids are bullied by other black kids only due to being smart. I was VERY smart (and very vain about my intelligence lol, still am) but I also was a "hood" kid. It is always funny to me that people who are either not black or who don't live in the hood want to say that smart black ghetto kids get bullied. I was never bullied because I was a "hood" kid and I would kick someone's a$$ if they bullied me lol. That is what "hood kids" do when they are bullied for the most part.

Also, I went to schools that had a high degree of poor white kids at school. Smart white kids were bullied much more atrociously by other white kids than anything I endured. I "protected" my smart white and Asian friends (the hispanics had huge families, who like mine had some "street cred" and they also, when they were smart, were not likely to be bullied). Most "smart" kids were bullied in the past. IMO bullying is less likely to occur today anyway.

On your principal friend, I'd wonder the reasons why the principal was looked at poorly. I do feel that many educators and administrators have some racial bias against black children and you really wouldn't know the circumstances if you didn't attend the meetings and know what was going on in the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies