Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 07:33 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
So Orange really is the new black.
Hopefully it will be!

Old 02-16-2017, 07:33 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Trump launches stinging attack on media - BBC News

BBC correspondent Jon Sopel: Here's another beauty

Jon Sopel is the BBC correspondent. Trump is after him too. Sarcastically called him "another beauty." So now Sopel's co workers have made business cards for him calling him a beauty. In other words, they think Trump is a joke. The BBC correspondent was not rude but still he got called a derogatory name.

Almost every previous president has known that you need to be friendly towards the press, not insulting to them. Trump does not get it. He thinks he's still a private citizen. Which is what he should be.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:34 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Did you catch his back and forth with the orthodox Jewish reporter? OMG...the birther-in-chief is off his rocker and came off as dumb as dirt.
I think it's likely something more concerning, although stupidity is certainly nothing to reassure anyone.

Could Trump have an unadmitted and uncorrected hearing loss, or is an auditory processing malfunction more likely? Something is really amiss with him in this exchange. He seemed to comprehend the first part of the reporter's comment without difficulty and responded appropriately, but then went off as if he had been accused of being anti-Semitic himself, even though the reporter clearly said nothing of the kind and made an effort to clarify his question. Trump had tuned him out by then and continued to rant that he was no anti-Semite.

For a normal person, eventually learning what was really being asked would be tremendously embarrassing, but I cannot imagine that Trump would admit to having made such a glaring error. The reporter was very gracious afterwards, and has stated that Trump obviously misunderstood the question - yet his question was quite clear, both initially and when he tried to rephrase it and stated clearly that he was not referring to Trump himself.

Trump's short attention span, touchiness, and tendency to jump to conclusions were all very evident as well. But this was bad, even for Trump.

Is it that to Trump, everything is about himself - even when it isn't?? Or is it a processing malfunction? or both, or something else entirely? It was an extremely abnormal response, whatever the cause might have been.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:37 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
OMG! That poor precious little kitty! I laughed so hard, but what a pitiful little baby this little furball is. Want this little fur angel! We'll protect you!

Don't worry.

Cats have turned it to their advantage.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:39 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
His middle name is John, you know, like the toilet, or a prostitute's customer.
Yes, but maybe we'd better leave Melanja out of this one...

Old 02-16-2017, 07:39 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
It sure would be nice if Trump could at least *pretend* to be competent, but he can't even handle pretending.

Notice that the majority of Trump supporters reply with statements that are essentially equivalent to saying, "Oh yeah? Well so's your mother!" They're as mature and intellectually sophisticated as Trump, which is to say, not much.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:41 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"The news is fake, but the leaks are real."

This makes no sense.
What is it that you don't get?

Do you seriously believe that every anonymous leak is true? That the person leaking has all the facts? That the person leaking is not just a partisan hack who disagrees with the current administration?

You seriously believe that every person leaking to the press is an honest, upstanding, intelligent person who knows what they are talking about?

That's pretty naïve.

Remember the so called rogue leaking employees of the National Park Service reporting that climate change data was being eradicated? How did that turn out lol.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:46 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I think it's likely something more concerning, although stupidity is certainly nothing to reassure anyone.

Could Trump have an unadmitted and uncorrected hearing loss, or is an auditory processing malfunction more likely? Something is really amiss with him in this exchange. He seemed to comprehend the first part of the reporter's comment without difficulty and responded appropriately, but then went off as if he had been accused of being anti-Semitic himself, even though the reporter clearly said nothing of the kind and made an effort to clarify his question. Trump had tuned him out by then and continued to rant that he was no anti-Semite.

For a normal person, eventually learning what was really being asked would be tremendously embarrassing, but I cannot imagine that Trump would admit to having made such a glaring error. The reporter was very gracious afterwards, and has stated that Trump obviously misunderstood the question - yet his question was quite clear, both initially and when he tried to rephrase it and stated clearly that he was not referring to Trump himself.

Trump's short attention span, touchiness, and tendency to jump to conclusions were all very evident as well. But this was bad, even for Trump.

Is it that to Trump, everything is about himself - even when it isn't?? Or is it a processing malfunction? or both, or something else entirely? It was an extremely abnormal response, whatever the cause might have been.
Clearly he bungled that question, but even though I got it, I don't agree the reporter was that clear. I had trouble hearing him and only understood where he was going because I was listening very intently.

So, it may have been a hearing issue, or just that he "heard" it as that tiresome issue of him being responsible for haters latching onto him. I dunno.

To add, I don't think it is an abnormal response if you think someone is labeling you racist or anti-Semitic, especially if you know you are not. That is extremely offensive to most rational people.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:46 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Have you seen Trump on YouTube giving a deposition or being asked to read a real estate contract...
it is sad...
I mean I hate Trump -- but he really has some serious issues with reading, thought processing, concentrating.

Maybe when he was a boy he was ADD and/or dyslexic...and that was why he was sent to military school for his behavior issues...
People with learning disabilities learn to compensate in ways to make up for those problems...

Google up the YouTubes...
Hilary should just have used those in her campaign and forget about the p---- grabbing tape...
He so obviously is lying in some of the ones saying he doesn't remember when asked about decisions and just does not want to read aloud, giving all kinds of wimpy excuses...

Old 02-16-2017, 07:47 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

There is something very wrong and on so many levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies